I challenge all of you

Options

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Day 12, still going strong. Yesterday was tough, but I am proud of my self, 16 more days seems like such a long way off. 2 more to the 1/2 way point. I'm just taking it in small doses. It's weird 2 days ago this seemed to be getting easier, now it seems harder then ever, I guess that's how obsessions are! I WILL prevail :ohwell:
  • banks1850
    Options
    Day 13, tomorrow is half way, man this is really telling me a lot about my will power. Still going.
  • lmzz
    lmzz Posts: 5
    Options
    Banks - I have been using this approach since April 07. I've only weighed myself 4 times since then. I measure myself once a month and as of today I have lost a total of 13 inches and 30 lbs. What it's done for me is make my new eating and excerise habits a lifestyle not a "diet". This approach is working for me I hope it contiues to work for you! Lots of success to you!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Thanks for the support, Imzz! and congratz! great work. :happy:
  • lmzz
    lmzz Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks! You too!!! You can do this and i've found it takes a lot of the stress out of making all the changes we need to make.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    SUGARPLUM098 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Today is Day Four and i have not weighed.:wink:
  • banks1850
    Options
    good work SugarPlum!

1/2 way there, haven't broken yet!:happy:
  • oldandbroke
    Options
    I can't get in on this challenge and here's why. I believe that weighing yourself at least weekly is feedback on your nutrition and exercise plan, no matter which way the scale goes. I don't look at it as a failure if my weight goes up, it is just information (knowledge is power). I worry that for some not looking frequently may be bad. Lets say you don't look for two weeks and you gain 4 pounds, what will your reaction be? Most would do something drastic to the diet or just quit trying. I believe most of us hit platues in our fat loss and that we need to make adjustments in out diet to get past it. What if you are new to this and don't yet know that you are very carb sensitive? How long do you want to wait before changing your carb to protein ratio? What if you are doing things right and you increase your metabolism but don't increase your calories which causes you to stop losing weight? I do see your point thru the thread here about not obsessing with it. I also see a lot of people who obviously are. I think we should just work on changing our attitudes towards that number and look at it instead as feed back that we need in order to continue making progress through all of the changes in our bodies and schedules. Good luck and I hope it works out. It probably will because you seem to have a positive attitude.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    Options
    good work SugarPlum!

1/2 way there, haven't broken yet!:happy:

Thx Banks! Keep going.

Another day for me and i have not weighed. I'm going on a little longer than you guys. My next weigh in is 28th Nov.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    the scale caught me on a :sad: day, I looked:embarassed: and I was doing so well too. Here we go again. Good luck to all you diehards:smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    13 days left. don't worry kjllose, there's no rule, its just about
    what feels right to you.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Still goin' strong....

Friday is my only tricky day, as that was my standard "weigh-in". In that case, only one more Friday (or is it two?) to go.

I'm finding I'm using this time to let my body tell me what it needs and wants. I'm also working through an injury, so this is a good "reassess" time in general.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. It helps me be less obsessive and concentrate on my goals, not just the weight loss. AND, it's more exciting to see my total at the end of the week, rather than a few ounces here and there. You're right about it becoming an obsession though!
  • JennyCam
    Options
    Day two, haven't looked.

I am with you .... but I am not looking for a month...so my next peek will be on Dec 5.......and I will post results.....:wink:

Jen
  • banks1850
    Options
    Yeah, for me sunday was a really hard day, I drank the night before and my will power that morning was way low. I survived, but just barely. Now I'm cooking.

12 days left and I am feeling like I can do this! Sunday November 25th, here I come. Ugh, right after thanksgiving, well that won't help matters much!:noway:
  • SUGARPLUM098
    Options
    Yet another day of not looking!...(drinking some hot tea to that!):drinker:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Since moving to my new apartment 4 months ago, I have not owned a scale! My scale is a tape measure and my clothes! Those don't lie!!

Best of luck to us all!

_Meg
  • Lorivan
    Options
    :smile: I was thinking about buying a scale because I thought maybe I should be keeping better track as I usually only weight myself at the Drs. office. I think I will save some money now ...........
  • banks1850
    Options
    Lorivan,

Go ahead and buy the scale if you think you should. I don't want people to think I am against measuring sucess, I just wanted to try to cure my own obsession with the scale, and bring some
    others along with me if they want. :tongue:

If you want to join us in this goal, GREAT! But I just want to be healthy, and curing the obsessive personality (without drugs if possible) is probably the largest step I can take! So far so good.

Sugarplum, your doing so great! Good job.

OK, so it's day ....(wait I have to look now..:bigsmile: ) 17 (wow, almost single digit days!) and still chugging along. Noticed yesterday getting ready for work that I am almost in 2 belt loops (that'll be 4 inches off the waist when I can do it comfortably!), I'm shocked how well this works.
  • SUGARPLUM098
    Options
    Thx Banks!! Yopu're doing GREAT as well. Props to you on calming ur obsession.

When i first read of the challenge i know i had to take part cause im on the scale every min i see it. Now i've hidden my scale and trying to weight in every 3 weeks. It's been great and it keeps me motivated! Thanks for starting this thread!:flowerforyou: