Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    NO, I'm sure he already knows
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I just gained all the weight back that I lost, about 40lbs. I felt it happening but by the time I noticed I was too far gone. I wish that some one would have said to me privately hey how's that diet going? Its not really true until someone else notices and if you notice fast enough maybe they wont fall too far back into bad habbits
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    You don't think they already KNOW it is coming back? Trust me...they know and it is none of your business to say anything. When they really WANT to lose the weight they will do it the right way!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say anything. I lost 30 pounds two years ago and my friends at work told me I looked great... when I put it all back on again they were tactful enough not to say anything, and I appreciated it. I knew I'd regained it since I couldn't zip my pants... this guy has already noticed the same thing about his own clothes.
  • Ms_Lemgo
    Options
    I'd ask him something along the lines of how his workout is going. I would, though, not touch on the weight issue - guys have a way of reacting rather aggressive. He is of course aware of the gain and might berate himself. No need to add to this.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    After careful thought, and having been asked if I was pregnant when I wasn't, and having been told I was too "skinny" when I wasn't, I never comment on someone's weight other than wow, you look great today. no need for adjectives to modify great.
  • marinabreeze
    marinabreeze Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I get that it's supposed to be a good friend, but it is ALSO a coworker. If that conversation doesn't go over well, you still have to work with the person. When I'm working, my business is my job, not other people's waistlines.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone who never thought about their weight wouldn't notice a gain, but if he already went through a weight loss process, then he almost certainly would realize he's gaining it back. I wouldn't mention it.

This. 100%.
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Um, boundaries???
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If you want to see if he bites, you could start a converstaion with something like "I have really been trying to cut out processed foods lately...hey by the way, how are you doing with your fitness goals?". He might just say he's fallen off the wagon a bit. If he doesn't though, I would't bring it up.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    psych101 wrote: »
    *insert the nope nope nope octopus gif here*

Love that gif!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    and for the people saying he knows...you'd be surprised at how deluded some people can become.

Even though I a not going to say anything, i do agree with you that its easy to pretend its not happening in early stages especially if its 5 to 10 lbs

So what? It's still not your business.

wow...some friend you are. maybe you arent close with your friends but for anyone i call a "good friend" like the OP i would speak up and would hope they would do the same.
    The person already knows they're gaining weight. Pointing it out to them is an a-hole thing to do, regardless of how close you are.

I agree- it's kind of a-holish to point it out.

I think if you are close friends- you can make a generic comment- how's the food thing going for you? and that would be it at most- and seriously- that's on a really wells et up situation- not just randomly throwing it out there. Pointing out weight is just- so touchy and so personal.

My actual really good friends- I'll say- hey are you putting on weight- we are rather objective about the whole process. That's pretty much standard conversation for us.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    No. Trust me, he already knows and someone pointing it out isn't going to help.