Reached 100 pounds lost... Progress pictures

Options

Replies

• mltdown
    mltdown Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    You do look amazing. Congrats.
    I have some serious concerns about your numbers and timeline however. It would be virtually impossible to lose an average of 6.5#/week since August of 2010 unless you had some kind of weight loss surgery. Is that the case? If so, you should disclose that, because people without that option cannot expect to lose an average of 27#/month for 4 months in a row. You would have had to be eating less than 1000 calories a day and exercising 2 - 3 hours a day to go from 340 since August and even with that, your metabolism would have slowed down to accomodate the unhealthy rate of weight loss.
    Will you please clarify HOW you've done this?
    Thanks.
    no there was no weightloss surgery and yes I agree I never expected these results so I will clarify: I started in April of 2010 and that's where I was at 340 I didn't accually step on the scale until august which at that time I was between 315 and 300 when I started mfp I lost double digits the first few weeks which I think was mostly water weight due to my high sodium intake piror to starting. I follow a very low carb diet low fat and eat about 1400 calories a day and drink between 14 to 18 glasses of water I have totally cut out all diet drinks and have only tea coffee and water. I also eat high protein fish and chicken. I do exercise alot and have a very active job at the hospital. I exercise everday 2 hours cardio and 1 hour of weightlifting and toning. I do
    most of it in my house with videos and go to the gym for zumba and kickboxing as well as running. I have uped my calories this month to slow weight loss down and focus on toning. I have had lab work done every other week to ensure that my body is getting every thing I need and I have a doctor following my progress so I know when to add supplements. There was no gimicks no pill and no knife. Just hard work I don't reccomend fast weight loss but I just did what I was suppose to and it happened. I went from a size 26 to a size 14 lost 25 inches from my waist. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to answer them!! :)
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job:happy:
  • dollymac74
    dollymac74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl! Keep up the good work!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    How, you are an inspiration !.. you look great !!..
    Can I ask you what MFP is ??

Really happy for you !... keep it up !..

MFP= Myfitnesspal :-)
  • mltdown
    Options
    Thanks buddy lol
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great job!
  • SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LYNEP: How, you are an inspiration !.. you look great !!..Can I ask you what MFP is ??Really happy for you !... keep it up !..

MFP stands for MyFitnessPal

mltdwn: Great Job and a wonderful inspiration!!!
  • tvanderberg
    Options
    CONGRADULATIONS! That's totally awesome!
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Keep up the hard work. You're motivation for me.
  • kate1398
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!!! I'm extremely happy for you and envious at the same time. Keep it up as you have been a great inspiration! Be proud of yourself cuz you definitely deserve it!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness you look awesome!
  • karensp
    karensp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fabulous well done you,,, defo inspiring me!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job. What a great feeling it must be to see all of your hard work paying off!
  • allegoriedesoie
    Options
    You're such an inspiration! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to lose my 100th lb.!
  • helenlou84
    helenlou84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    wow.well done
  • mltdown
    Options
    You're such an inspiration! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to lose my 100th lb.!
    you are doing so great!!! When you reach 100 pounds lost you'll be so close to your goal I'm kinda jealous haha :)
  • seventeenlucky77
    seventeenlucky77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB!! You look terrific and so much more happy!!

Certainly the kind of inspiration I needed since I fell off the wagon for a couple months. I need to lose 42 more pounds to hit my goal of 100 pounds lost.
  • tifanie00
    Options
    You look amazing... continue your great work and inspire more people.
  • lpaxton1
    Options
    What a new years inspiration! Thanks for sharing.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You do look amazing. Congrats.
    I have some serious concerns about your numbers and timeline however. It would be virtually impossible to lose an average of 6.5#/week since August of 2010 unless you had some kind of weight loss surgery. Is that the case? If so, you should disclose that, because people without that option cannot expect to lose an average of 27#/month for 4 months in a row. You would have had to be eating less than 1000 calories a day and exercising 2 - 3 hours a day to go from 340 since August and even with that, your metabolism would have slowed down to accomodate the unhealthy rate of weight loss.
    Will you please clarify HOW you've done this?
    Thanks.

You didn't read her post properly - she started her weight loss in April '10, but only joined MFP in August '10 - adding four months to the timeline. So rapid? Yes, but that's not unusual with a higher start weight. But definitely not "virtually impossible".

I'm sure you didn't mean to be a **** all over someone's success post, but seriously? This reads in a completely insulting way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!