Shreddin' Eleven, Week Two

Options

Replies

• MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I've been on a couple of other shred topics. I'm on day 8 and I feel great. Scared of day 11.I wasn't sure if I was ready for level 2 , but after today I feel like i can do it. I am already starting to notice changes in the way my jeans fit. I'm so excited.

It sounds like we both started on the same day! Day 11 is coming up for me on Tuesday. I'm very interested to see what Level 2 brings! We can do it!! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I jsut bought the Shredd and will start on Monday. So excited!!

Best wishes!! I'm interested to see what you think of it. :)
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have done 30 Day Shred for 7 days in a row now. I have lost 1 pound in the last 5 days. SW 173 CW 172. I plan to
    start level 2 in a few days...or maybe next week. I also walk/jog everyday, and I just started use my elliptical. The first days
    of level 1 I was to sore & stiff to do any other workouts...now I'm fine.
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1st day today, first week!! This was my first time doing a workout DVD from beggining to end! Off course I was ehaxaust at the end! I starde thinking "only 20 minutes? this will be easy..." hahhahahah very hard!
    I found only 3 DVD (30 day shred, no more trouble zone and banish fat boost metabolism) for less than $20 and they got here earlier than planned. I forgot to buy the weights and used 2 canned beans taped together!
    I can still feel my legs and arms!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see this post. I have tried starting the 30DS a few times in the past weeks. I always get day 1 done and then BAM I am hit with something and can't get day 2 in. Wed I started with day 1 again on Wed and then Wed night I was hit with a migraine that didn't leave until yesterday.

So today I started again. YEAH! I am using 5lb weights.

Also, I don't have a HRM and saw that 20 min of circuit training yielded a burn of 288 cal. Does this sound about what everyone else is logging?

Feel free to ad me as a friend.. the support of other 30DShredders, would be great. THANKS!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    wow, its good to see so many people already posting. I don't have time to read them right now, but I will soon. Just wanted to give my shred week 2 schedule.

Sat (8): none
    Sun (9): L1 and L2
    Mon(10): L3
    Tues (11): L3
    Wed(12): L1
    Thur (13): L1
    Fri (14): L3

I have it set up where ultimately by the end of the month, I would have completed each level for 10 days, making it a total of 30 days!

That's an interesting way to break it up. Didn't think of that.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well I started the Shred last Monday but I didn't get to it on Wed. So technically I'm considering myself at L1 D5. I chose not use weights for the first few days, I have now added them in. Just 2lb weights though. I'm impressed with those of you who are using 3lbs weights or more! That must be hard! Now, of course I'm battling a cold. Trying to decide whether I should work out anyways or rest my body. I really want to keep going though. Will see. Not going to move on to L2 until at least next Monday. Last time i did L2 I injured my neck and back pretty bad, so going to take that one easy this time and make sure my arms are ready for those planks!
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Good morning everyone! This week we are going to start with our mini-challenges within the challenge. Not a big deal if you don't complete them, but just something fun to help keep us all motivated and pushing ourselves. We will probably have a challenge every couple of days or so!

Challenge 1: Do an extra 10 minutes of cardio, in addition to the Shred! You can do this challenge just once, every day until the next Shred, or however you would like to incorporate it into your workout plan! If you do participate, post to let us know you completed the challenge, and let us know how you did it!

My plan is to try to incorporate an additional 10 minutes daily! Good luck everyone, and keep Shredding!
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred today.. :) Day 1 Level 1.. :) Cant wait to see what I can do with it!! My arms are sore..
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I have done 30 Day Shred for 7 days in a row now. I have lost 1 pound in the last 5 days. SW 173 CW 172. I plan to
    start level 2 in a few days...or maybe next week. I also walk/jog everyday, and I just started use my elliptical. The first days
    of level 1 I was to sore & stiff to do any other workouts...now I'm fine.

You're doing GREAT! Congrats on the 1lb loss! I can't wait to see what Level 2 brings. I refuse to peek ahead.. lol. Keep up your great work!! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    1st day today, first week!! This was my first time doing a workout DVD from beggining to end! Off course I was ehaxaust at the end! I starde thinking "only 20 minutes? this will be easy..." hahhahahah very hard!
    I found only 3 DVD (30 day shred, no more trouble zone and banish fat boost metabolism) for less than $20 and they got here earlier than planned. I forgot to buy the weights and used 2 canned beans taped together!
    I can still feel my legs and arms!

Great job on getting all the way through this workout!! 20 minutes doesn't seem very long (and it goes by quickly!), but Jillian sure knows how to pack a lot of intensity into such a short time!! Well done on the improvised weights! Keep it up!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I am so glad to see this post. I have tried starting the 30DS a few times in the past weeks. I always get day 1 done and then BAM I am hit with something and can't get day 2 in. Wed I started with day 1 again on Wed and then Wed night I was hit with a migraine that didn't leave until yesterday.

So today I started again. YEAH! I am using 5lb weights.

Also, I don't have a HRM and saw that 20 min of circuit training yielded a burn of 288 cal. Does this sound about what everyone else is logging?

Feel free to ad me as a friend.. the support of other 30DShredders, would be great. THANKS!

Best wishes on your fresh start, and I hope the migraine stays away!! That calorie burn sounds pretty close -- I log 20 minutes of circuit training and get 201 calories for my height/weight. From what I've read, this is pretty close for those of us without a HRM. I will send you a friend request! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Well I started the Shred last Monday but I didn't get to it on Wed. So technically I'm considering myself at L1 D5. I chose not use weights for the first few days, I have now added them in. Just 2lb weights though. I'm impressed with those of you who are using 3lbs weights or more! That must be hard! Now, of course I'm battling a cold. Trying to decide whether I should work out anyways or rest my body. I really want to keep going though. Will see. Not going to move on to L2 until at least next Monday. Last time i did L2 I injured my neck and back pretty bad, so going to take that one easy this time and make sure my arms are ready for those planks!

I hope you recover from the cold quickly!! Just listen to your body; maybe do a little activity and see how your body responds, then you can decide whether to continue or to back off. I've learned not to push myself too hard, no matter how much I feel I've let myself down, especially this past week -- I very nearly injured my left knee, so I had to back off on the treadmill for a couple of days, soak the knee and make sure it's ok, rather than keep pushing it until it's really badly injured. I hope Level 2 is kinder to you this time around, too! I'm looking forward to and dreading those planks all at the same time!! Best wishes!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Good morning everyone! This week we are going to start with our mini-challenges within the challenge. Not a big deal if you don't complete them, but just something fun to help keep us all motivated and pushing ourselves. We will probably have a challenge every couple of days or so!

Challenge 1: Do an extra 10 minutes of cardio, in addition to the Shred! You can do this challenge just once, every day until the next Shred, or however you would like to incorporate it into your workout plan! If you do participate, post to let us know you completed the challenge, and let us know how you did it!

My plan is to try to incorporate an additional 10 minutes daily! Good luck everyone, and keep Shredding!

Thank you for handling this portion of the Shred thread!! I think this will be an interesting and fun way to keep us all motivated and connected. I plan on incorporating at least 10 minutes of extra cardio throughout the entire workout, at least 4 to 5 times a week, be it running/jogging/walking on the treadmill, dance or kickboxing. :) Good luck on the challenge, everyone! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred today.. :) Day 1 Level 1.. :) Cant wait to see what I can do with it!! My arms are sore..

Mine feel like JELLY right now!! Day 9 Level 1, but day 2 of 5lb weights... omg! The push ups are getting so much easier these days! (though I'm still doing the modified ones). I'm sure you'll do GREAT with it!! Keep up the good work!

Day 9... just one more day of Level 1 to go!! I sure hope I'm ready for those planks! I still haven't taken my measurements. Will attempt to get to this today, so at least I have some point of reference for when I totally complete the first 30 days of the Shred. Some more cleaning and laundry to get done today, so I will have a pretty decent calorie burn for the day, along with a few minutes on the treadmill. My knee is feeling MUCH better today. :-D
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Great job with the 5 pound'ers Chandra! I use 3 lbs and the side squats/arm raises in the last circuit darn near kill me with 3 lbs!

Did my extra 10 minutes of cardio and went all out by doing 10 minutes of an insanity work out. Definitely kept my heart rate up there!

Frustrated that my weight didn't change at all but TOM just ended so hoping to see some progress this week!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I know I'm way late to join... But I just got my 30 DS today!!! I like to try and do this in the Morning before work, And the hit the Gym at least 3 to 4 times for a carido class!!!
    Any tips on the 30 ds would be great!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Great job with the 5 pound'ers Chandra! I use 3 lbs and the side squats/arm raises in the last circuit darn near kill me with 3 lbs!

Did my extra 10 minutes of cardio and went all out by doing 10 minutes of an insanity work out. Definitely kept my heart rate up there!

Frustrated that my weight didn't change at all but TOM just ended so hoping to see some progress this week!

Thank you!! The side squats/arm raises in the last circuit are what really topped off that "jelly" feeling in my arms after doing them with the 5lb weights yesterday and today.. Wow! Great job on the extra cardio!! I've done several hours of cleaning on top of the Shred.. and, it is my TOM right now too. I should be done by Thursday, my weigh in day, so I'm hoping to see a loss on the scale by then!!
    I know I'm way late to join... But I just got my 30 DS today!!! I like to try and do this in the Morning before work, And the hit the Gym at least 3 to 4 times for a carido class!!!
    Any tips on the 30 ds would be great!

You're never too late to join! I've been doing this in the morning before work as well. The workout is a perfect length for first thing in the morning!! Best wishes to you!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hmmm can this be right? I just did 30day shred level 1 and all I burned was 150 calories??? Wth... I pushed myself and it's not like I'm new to excerise...... Glad I got a heart rate monitor!!! I think I've been counting way to high when I do my carido class at the gym!!.... :-(
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've had 30DS for a while now. I've used it in conjunction with other workouts but I'm going to try to use it for 30 days and this is a great place to help me.

I did really well when I first started losing weight 2 years ago but I found out today that I gained back all the weight that I've lost. I need motivation to get me back on track and I think this workout and MFP will do the job.

Looking forward to losing weight, again and I'm getting changed into my workout clothes right now for D1, L1.