Shreddin' Eleven, Week Two

Options

Replies

• Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Workout 1 is done. I've been working out on and off for the last 2 years and I can tell a difference in today's workout from when I first started 30DS. I was able to do all the strength moves with 3 lb weights when before I had to take breaks. I think I'll stick with these weights for a few more days and then move up to 5 lbs.

I'm happy to say that I am on my way to fitting into my jeans once again!!!
  • eva78
    eva78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hey guys, didn't do the shred yesterday. Needed to blow off some steam so I went to the gym instead and did a 90 min spinning class. Had planned on shredding when I got home but was kind of exhausted. Today was my off day so I only went for an hour long walk. Apart from today though I've worked out every day this year :) Unfortunately though I stepped on the scale (just to check) and I've gained 2 lbs since Monday. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so I'm hoping it's just water and it'll be better tomorrow and that I at least don't gain. I did take measurements when I began so if I do lose some inches I'll be happy.

Tomorrow I have a body spin class with weights so no shred for me till Tuesday. I really need to get some new weights before then. Have been using 3 lbs and it's stopped being hard... How cool is that? No burn or anything. I'm really starting to get a lot stronger :)

BTW . Good work everybody and good luck.
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    L1 D6 Complete!! Push ups are starting to get better! Cold is easing off. I've been taking a vitamin c in the morning and at night and it really seems to have helped keep the cold at bay. I'm sooo glad cause I didn't want to stop shredding! My body is just starting to be able to handle all those exercises without all the jelly feelings! Don't think I'll be able to get to the extra cardio today. Too much damn laundry to do! But yesterday, I shovelled 3 driveways on top of doing the shred. I hope to get on the treadmill throughout the week!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I think I've missed a day or two of posting here, but fear not, I've checked off both D6/L1 & D7/L1! My daughter won't leave me alone about it now...LOL...I couldn't quit if I wanted to! =) I've done it 7 of the last 8 days and she's only one behind me. She already asked me this afternoon, "We're shreddin' tonite, right?" Yup, Day 8. I've been switching between the 3, 5 & 8 lb weights depending on the moves. This workout has helped me to *finally* break my plateau of the last 5 or so weeks and break the 60lb loss wall. =)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I haven't really got to read how everyone has been doing today, but I see a lot of posts so its great to see so many of us still actively shredding. I just wanted to post my stats for today.
    I did levels 1 and 2 today because I don't shred on Saturdays and I want to complete the challenge in 30 days.

Level 2 stats:
    295 calories
    139 avg hr
    165 max hr
    75% of target zone

Level 1 stats:
    264 calories
    133 avg hr
    161 max hr
    72% of target zone

Tomorrow: level 3, I will try to do it right after I take my daughter to school!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I noticed bk mentioned doing 10 minutes of additional cardio outside of the shred program. I see a lot of you are going to the gym or running and doing other things.
    This is a simple breakdown of my workout schedule.
    6 days a week- shred (Sun-Friday)
    4 days a week- fitness class at the gym plus 30 minutes of cardio (T/W; F/S)
    I also do workouts on exercisetv or play zumba on wii, but not on an official schedule.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Day 8 / L1 complete. Still breathing pretty hard during the cardio, but I noticed I'm definitely getting lower on the different squats and lunges. Still working up a nice sweat by the time I'm done.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

You're never too late to join! I've been doing this in the morning before work as well. The workout is a perfect length for first thing in the morning!! Best wishes to you!
    [/quote]

I totally agree!!!!! I add about 5 min of stretching after so I am not so sore and they say it makes your workout a lot more effective. I can't recall the percentage, but I believe it was like 84% more effective or something.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hmmm can this be right? I just did 30day shred level 1 and all I burned was 150 calories??? Wth... I pushed myself and it's not like I'm new to excerise...... Glad I got a heart rate monitor!!! I think I've been counting way to high when I do my carido class at the gym!!.... :-(

It sounds about right, especially since you're using a HRM. I don't have one, so I have to approximate. But, circuit training like we're doing with the Shred might burn fewer overall calories, since it's not all cardio. Let us know what your HRM says when you do your cardio class at the gym -- I'm interested to see the difference between HRM and non-HRM calorie burn counts. :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Workout 1 is done. I've been working out on and off for the last 2 years and I can tell a difference in today's workout from when I first started 30DS. I was able to do all the strength moves with 3 lb weights when before I had to take breaks. I think I'll stick with these weights for a few more days and then move up to 5 lbs.

I'm happy to say that I am on my way to fitting into my jeans once again!!!

That's GREAT!! Keep up the good work and you'll see the results soon! :) I did the same with the 3lb weights.. just moved up to the 5lbs for my last 3 days of Level 1. :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Hey guys, didn't do the shred yesterday. Needed to blow off some steam so I went to the gym instead and did a 90 min spinning class. Had planned on shredding when I got home but was kind of exhausted. Today was my off day so I only went for an hour long walk. Apart from today though I've worked out every day this year :) Unfortunately though I stepped on the scale (just to check) and I've gained 2 lbs since Monday. Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so I'm hoping it's just water and it'll be better tomorrow and that I at least don't gain. I did take measurements when I began so if I do lose some inches I'll be happy.

Tomorrow I have a body spin class with weights so no shred for me till Tuesday. I really need to get some new weights before then. Have been using 3 lbs and it's stopped being hard... How cool is that? No burn or anything. I'm really starting to get a lot stronger :)

BTW . Good work everybody and good luck.

It sounds like you're doing VERY well with your workouts and getting stronger... awesome!! Keep up the great work! And, best wishes with the weigh in!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    L1 D6 Complete!! Push ups are starting to get better! Cold is easing off. I've been taking a vitamin c in the morning and at night and it really seems to have helped keep the cold at bay. I'm sooo glad cause I didn't want to stop shredding! My body is just starting to be able to handle all those exercises without all the jelly feelings! Don't think I'll be able to get to the extra cardio today. Too much damn laundry to do! But yesterday, I shovelled 3 driveways on top of doing the shred. I hope to get on the treadmill throughout the week!

I'm happy to hear you're beginning to feel better! Colds are just no fun. :) Great job on your progress!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I think I've missed a day or two of posting here, but fear not, I've checked off both D6/L1 & D7/L1! My daughter won't leave me alone about it now...LOL...I couldn't quit if I wanted to! =) I've done it 7 of the last 8 days and she's only one behind me. She already asked me this afternoon, "We're shreddin' tonite, right?" Yup, Day 8. I've been switching between the 3, 5 & 8 lb weights depending on the moves. This workout has helped me to *finally* break my plateau of the last 5 or so weeks and break the 60lb loss wall. =)

Hahah!! That is GREAT!! So nice that you have support and a workout buddy at home, since your daughter has been Shredding with you!! And, YAY for breaking plateaus... very good news!! Keep it up!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 10 Level 1... complete this morning!! Last day of Level 1 for me, wow! The 5lb weights added in the extra challenge I needed to get through the last 3 days of Level 1, and I'm definitely ready for a change of routine with Level 2 in the morning! Sore arms right now from the heavier weights, but at least the push ups are slowly and steadily becoming easier. I need to fit in a run on the treadmill or a little dance workout this evening to cover the extra 10 minutes (or more) of cardio for the day.

I just wanted to say, all of you are doing GREAT with the Shred, and it's just SO nice to have all this accountability and support right here. So, thank you!! Keep up your great work -- you really do help to keep me going! :)
  • angelmuss
    Options
    I am on Day 6 of the 30 DAY SHRED!! I am getting better at the push ups and jumping jacks!! Those were the worst in the beginning!

Thanks for starting this thread!! :)

It sounds like everyone is doing awesome!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I am on Day 6 of the 30 DAY SHRED!! I am getting better at the push ups and jumping jacks!! Those were the worst in the beginning!

Thanks for starting this thread!! :)

It sounds like everyone is doing awesome!!

I'm *still* doing the modified push ups, but they're slowly getting easier, so I completely know where you're coming from!! Welcome to the thread, and good luck Shredding! :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm on day 4 of the 30 DS. I've started doing this program and ONLY this program because i want to see results i'll get from THIS without the interferrance of anything else!! I'm *HOPING* to see some sort of results.
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello! Just finished day 3 of level 1! Before I started today i decided to go thru Exercise Tv and see what they have and decided to do some kickboxing and twisted by ankle a little bit, it could have been worse. I did not stoped and kept going, it was only a 13 minutes. After that I did more 15 minutes of Merengue, also at exercise tv, and then Shred. Now that I cooled off i can really feel my ankle and it hurts. I guess I will stuff my socks with snow! lol!
    Well I did the whole shred exercise today with 5lbs and can definately see the diference when doing the butt kicks (I struggled with them) but push ups on my knees still hard... Push ups is a total mess though, my hands are usually very sweaty and slippery and my knees hurt... I will get there though.
    Oh, BTW, there are several Jillian Michaels exercise at Exercise Tv including the first level of 30 day shred!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I loved my first day of 30 day Shred!!. Like everyone else, I thought 20 minutes will be easy to get thru........not!! It was harder than I thought, but Im sticking to it !! I will weigh in on Friday...hopefully seeing some results!!. The 30 day Shred is the only exercise I'm doing right now do to time constrants. I am watching and logging everything that enters my mouth and boy does that help. I was playing round with my dinner food earlier tonight to help keep my sodiom down.......
  • bluebeta
    Options
    I guess I missed loggin in yesterday. Today is day 10 for me -a new level tomorrow. Still doing modified push ups but I can do some regular(just not many). Wish me luck for tomorrow, I fear I might need it.:wink: