Shreddin' Eleven, Week Two

Options

Replies

• merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    L1D9 COMPLETE! Even though tomorrow is my 10th day on level one, I think I will be continuing with L1 until Monday! After a previous shoulder/neck injury on L2 last go around, I want to make sure I'm strong enough and ready for L2 before moving on. However, with snow falling here, I've also been getting in some good calorie burning by shovelling as well as my Shred. Still walking on my lunch break as well.
  • flipchickmc
    flipchickmc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this again tonight when I get home. I've done 30DS before and was able to lose 10+lbs (also did hot yoga, weights, etc at the same time).

I fell off the exercising and watching what I ate bandwagon Sept of 2010. But it's a New Year and new goals cuz the weight has been packing back on and that's no bueno!

I'll check back with you guys tonight after I do L1D1!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    L1D9 COMPLETE! Even though tomorrow is my 10th day on level one, I think I will be continuing with L1 until Monday! After a previous shoulder/neck injury on L2 last go around, I want to make sure I'm strong enough and ready for L2 before moving on. However, with snow falling here, I've also been getting in some good calorie burning by shovelling as well as my Shred. Still walking on my lunch break as well.

That sounds like a great plan, giving yourself that extra time and strength training before attempting Level 2 again. We don't want to see you injured again! All that shoveling is certainly great exercise too -- well done on all your hard work!! Keep it up!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I'm going to start this again tonight when I get home. I've done 30DS before and was able to lose 10+lbs (also did hot yoga, weights, etc at the same time).

I fell off the exercising and watching what I ate bandwagon Sept of 2010. But it's a New Year and new goals cuz the weight has been packing back on and that's no bueno!

I'll check back with you guys tonight after I do L1D1!

Welcome to the group! Very best wishes on your new year/new goals -- good luck on L1D1 this evening, too -- I'm sure you know what to expect, having done the Shred before (GREAT results, btw!). We look forward to hearing about your progress, so stop back often and we'll help keep your motivation and determination going! :)
  • flipchickmc
    Options

Welcome to the group! Very best wishes on your new year/new goals -- good luck on L1D1 this evening, too -- I'm sure you know what to expect, having done the Shred before (GREAT results, btw!). We look forward to hearing about your progress, so stop back often and we'll help keep your motivation and determination going! :)

Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to Shredding with all of you cuz desperately need the support & motivation!
  • marielena3155
    Options
    hello everyone: :flowerforyou:
    i would love to be part of this group.
    i was introduced to the shred it program through this website and i have been doing it for the past two days and i LOVE IT.
    i had never had a work out video at home which could keep me motivated and that was interesting to me.

i did the abs shred it as well as the weights and i couldnt be happier with the work out routine.

i have not tried shred it 30 day yet however, i would love to join the group as im starting this weekend.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to Shredding with all of you cuz desperately need the support & motivation!

You've come to the right place!!
    hello everyone:
    i would love to be part of this group.
    i was introduced to the shred it program through this website and i have been doing it for the past two days and i LOVE IT.
    i had never had a work out video at home which could keep me motivated and that was interesting to me.

i did the abs shred it as well as the weights and i couldnt be happier with the work out routine.

i have not tried shred it 30 day yet however, i would love to join the group as im starting this weekend.

Welcome to the group!! I just love Jillian Michaels in general... I've done her Yoga Meltdown (Level 1 several times, Level 2 only once so far), and so far I have been very happy with 30 Day Shred. I hope you will like it too! Stop back and let us know how your first day goes!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I LOVE Level 2 -- I increased my own intensity this morning, Day 2, and whoa.. at the end of it I felt like a puddle of warm slowly-melting Jello on the floor... now THAT'S an intense workout!! I'm so excited to see what the scale says for me tomorrow morning (especially since TOM is now OVER, yay!)...
    I can't wait to see all your hard work pay off!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm not shredding tonight. Too sore from all the cardio from the gym. Will double up tomorrow.
  • juliana1977
    juliana1977 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello! Well I am not posting everyday just b/c I am short on time...
    So I finally got it down to a schedule: Tuesdays and thursdays I am swimming an extra 30-40 minutes and MOnday and fridays I will choose one of the exercise tv workouts to do on top of the shred.
    So today was my day 4 level 1. I am very proud of myself! I am doing at least half of the exercise in the advanced style (I forgot the girls name...). Still struggling with push up though!
    One little thing is bothering me... I don't think I lost any weight this week. My weigh in is tomorrow, thursday, but I wont weight b/c I dont want to get discouraged. I am doing everything right. I am so impressed how rich is my diet and I am eating at least 1200. I do not eat all the exercise calories, but I do eat half. So I dont know, I know I need to drink more water, and I am working on it.
    I am sticking to it tough!!
  • Calpurnia
    Options
    I am on day 5 of the 30 day shred. I am getting stronger every workout. I do not get it in every day but that is the goal. It is more difficult than I thiught it would be. Thanks for all of your comments. Those of you who have doneit in the past--did you lose and tone?
  • bluebeta
    Options
    I have been doing the shred since the 1st (L2 D2) I haven't missed once and that's quite an accomplishment for me. I have noticed changes in my jeans and i had to cinch my belt up one notch today. So for those of you who wonder- does it really work?The answer is yes. I am not finished (really no where near), but I am seeing changes already. Stick with it You will to.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,334 Member
    Options
    D9/L1 - CHECK! Daughter is still on board and only one less workout than me. We're both seeing results in looser fitting clothes and less effort to get up off the floor or out of a chair. =) I *almost* made it through the middle cardio section without a break...so close! I was a little surprised I had the energy because I was doing this about an hour after running a 5K on my treadmill.

Being the obsessive person that I am, I noticed that I've done some form of deliberate exercise every day this month so far .... and without jinxing it .... it made me wonder just how much longer I might be able to keep that streak alive. I think I'm just going to ride the ride as long as I can and not set any specific goal.
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I watched level 2 last night to see what I would be getting myself into and I am excited to start it but decided to wait until Saturday to give myself some time to shake this cold that is pestering me. So today I did day 11-level 1. I have noticed that it is getting a little too easy now so I know that I need to ramp things up.

Level 2- I am coming for you!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    L1D10 Complete!!! I will be continuing with Level 1 until at least Monday. I know, I m not quite ready to move on to Level 2 just yet. I'm not sure about my weight (Guess I will tomorrow, after I weigh in!) but I'm pretty sure I've lost inches! My clothes are barely fitting! My favourite pants, now don't look quite right on me. The wonderful thing about this is that I feel great and I know I look better than ever. However...I wish I had more money for a new wardrobe! Trying to wait till I reach my goal weight though. Might have to find some belts till then!!
  • flipchickmc
    Options
    Ok, L1D1 completed last night as planned. I forgot just how much JM kicks my butt. I was dying at times but stuck with it. According to my HRM, I burned 261cals - so I'll take it!
  • mandy_d_w
    Options
    I did the shred a couple times last week but starting Monday I am on the 30 day shred challenge. I'm trying to do it at least 6 days a week! I'm still on level one using 5 pound weights, trying to master it before i move on to level 2.

3514776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I'm not shredding tonight. Too sore from all the cardio from the gym. Will double up tomorrow.

You are doing an AMAZING job, Leela -- keep it up!! :)
    Hello! Well I am not posting everyday just b/c I am short on time...
    So I finally got it down to a schedule: Tuesdays and thursdays I am swimming an extra 30-40 minutes and MOnday and fridays I will choose one of the exercise tv workouts to do on top of the shred.
    So today was my day 4 level 1. I am very proud of myself! I am doing at least half of the exercise in the advanced style (I forgot the girls name...). Still struggling with push up though!
    One little thing is bothering me... I don't think I lost any weight this week. My weigh in is tomorrow, thursday, but I wont weight b/c I dont want to get discouraged. I am doing everything right. I am so impressed how rich is my diet and I am eating at least 1200. I do not eat all the exercise calories, but I do eat half. So I dont know, I know I need to drink more water, and I am working on it.
    I am sticking to it tough!!

Sometimes our bodies need time to adjust from one way of being to another. You're doing a GREAT job with all the exercise, and it sounds like you're eating well too. Just keep it up and the results will show on the scale, if not right away, then soon, after your body adjusts to the new routine! Keep up the great work!! :)
    I am on day 5 of the 30 day shred. I am getting stronger every workout. I do not get it in every day but that is the goal. It is more difficult than I thiught it would be. Thanks for all of your comments. Those of you who have doneit in the past--did you lose and tone?

Great job on sticking with it -- it is a very intense workout, for sure! This is my first time giving the Shred a try, but I'm on Day 13 (day 3 of level 2) today, and I can definitely tell a difference in my strength, endurance, stamina and muscle tone. I'll be posting an update on my weight shortly, along with my Day 13 review! :)
    I have been doing the shred since the 1st (L2 D2) I haven't missed once and that's quite an accomplishment for me. I have noticed changes in my jeans and i had to cinch my belt up one notch today. So for those of you who wonder- does it really work?The answer is yes. I am not finished (really no where near), but I am seeing changes already. Stick with it You will to.

Very well said! It's quite the accomplishment for me to have stuck with it every single day since the 1st as well. We are doing GREAT!! I'm very happy to hear of your progress, keep it up! :)
    D9/L1 - CHECK! Daughter is still on board and only one less workout than me. We're both seeing results in looser fitting clothes and less effort to get up off the floor or out of a chair. =) I *almost* made it through the middle cardio section without a break...so close! I was a little surprised I had the energy because I was doing this about an hour after running a 5K on my treadmill.

Being the obsessive person that I am, I noticed that I've done some form of deliberate exercise every day this month so far .... and without jinxing it .... it made me wonder just how much longer I might be able to keep that streak alive. I think I'm just going to ride the ride as long as I can and not set any specific goal.

It's gotta be an awesome feeling to know that you've inspired your daughter to stick with it, too. You, too, are doing such a great job at sticking with the Shred + other workouts. Keep up the great work! :)
    I watched level 2 last night to see what I would be getting myself into and I am excited to start it but decided to wait until Saturday to give myself some time to shake this cold that is pestering me. So today I did day 11-level 1. I have noticed that it is getting a little too easy now so I know that I need to ramp things up.

Isn't it amazing how quickly our bodies adapt to something, once we push past our perceived limitations?! Just think, ten short days ago, Level 1 was tough! ;) I hope your cold goes away quickly and I wish you all the best for Level 2 on Saturday! :)
    L1D10 Complete!!! I will be continuing with Level 1 until at least Monday. I know, I m not quite ready to move on to Level 2 just yet. I'm not sure about my weight (Guess I will tomorrow, after I weigh in!) but I'm pretty sure I've lost inches! My clothes are barely fitting! My favourite pants, now don't look quite right on me. The wonderful thing about this is that I feel great and I know I look better than ever. However...I wish I had more money for a new wardrobe! Trying to wait till I reach my goal weight though. Might have to find some belts till then!!

I'm experiencing the same thing with my clothes. I was SO excited to be able to fit into a size 14 pants (which I hadn't been able to since right before I got pregnant with my almost-7-year-old son. And now, just under two weeks into the Shred, my size 14s are becoming looser and looser. I'm doing my best to hold out until I reach my goal weight too (especially for pajamas -- most of my pj pants are comically large on me these days!). A friend of mine had a great suggestion for the "in between" sizes. She's been going to Goodwill, and I do believe I'm about ready to follow suit, when I'm a little closer to being ready for size 12 (which will be SOON at this rate, yay!!) Well done on all your great progress, and I'm sure you'll rock Level 2 next week! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Ok, L1D1 completed last night as planned. I forgot just how much JM kicks my butt. I was dying at times but stuck with it. According to my HRM, I burned 261cals - so I'll take it!

Great calorie burn on your first day in!! Best wishes for continued success! :)
    I did the shred a couple times last week but starting Monday I am on the 30 day shred challenge. I'm trying to do it at least 6 days a week! I'm still on level one using 5 pound weights, trying to master it before i move on to level 2.

Sounds like a good plan! Good luck! I started out Level 1 with 3lb weights and switched to 5lb weights for the last 3 days. I'm back to 3lb weights at the beginning of Level 2, for now. :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Jillian posted this tip on her Facebook status yesterday, just wanted to share it with all of you: ‎"Don't blame anyone or anything for your situation or problems. When you do that you are saying that you are powerless over your own life - which is utter crap. An empowering step to reclaiming your life is taking responsibility. Although life may deal you some bad hands, evaluating the choices you make in response to those hardships is critical in affecting an outcome that is more favorable to you."

Day 3 Level 2 completed this morning!! I have to admit that I'm not so eager to get up in the mornings to complete Level 2... I kind of have a love/hate relationship with Level 2 in particular so far. Who knows what Level 3 will bring (I refuse to look ahead!) but Level 2 has been so much of a challenge for me, with all the plank work, but I'm sticking to it, no excuses, no backing down! It is slowly getting easier; still muscle soreness from the first 3 days, but it's not really even as bad as it was at the beginning of Level 1. Today's weigh in for me: I have lost 1.6lbs since last Thursday, yay!!! :-D

Keep up all the great work, Shredders!!