Shreddin' Eleven, Week Two

Options

Replies

• WriteNovels
    WriteNovels Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am feeling the results! Today, I put on a freshly washed pair of jeans which I usually dread. They were so much more comfy today! Yay! I also made my mini goals today. If I lose 5lbs a month, I will be at my goal by June! Thats crazy to think!

It will be the smallest I have been since MIDDLE SCHOOL!
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    L1D7 Complete! Still fighting off a cold, so I'm struggling through the 20 minutes, but I'm doing it. Tomorrow will be even better!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    L1D7 Complete! Still fighting off a cold, so I'm struggling through the 20 minutes, but I'm doing it. Tomorrow will be even better!

I feel your pain. I'm heading in to Day 5 of Level 1 tomorrow and I've been extremely sick since Day 2. It's definitely a struggle, but I keep telling myself that it's only 27 minutes and I can get through it. Just imagine how much EASIER it will be once you're healthy & doing the workout. I look forward to that :))

Feel better soon! xoxo
  • merguson
    merguson Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    MissAnjy: Thanks for the words of encouragment! The cold is slowly going away, I've been taking LOTS of vitamin C which has really helped. I think that is the reason I've been able to continue doing the Shred.

L1D8 Complete! I made it through all the push ups today! (Still girly style but no stopping!) Yay me!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hey i'm on day 4 of the 30 DS. I've started doing this program and ONLY this program because i want to see results i'll get from THIS without the interferrance of anything else!! I'm *HOPING* to see some sort of results.

I'm very interested to see what kind of results you achieve using only the Shred. Here's to great results! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Hello! Just finished day 3 of level 1! Before I started today i decided to go thru Exercise Tv and see what they have and decided to do some kickboxing and twisted by ankle a little bit, it could have been worse. I did not stoped and kept going, it was only a 13 minutes. After that I did more 15 minutes of Merengue, also at exercise tv, and then Shred. Now that I cooled off i can really feel my ankle and it hurts. I guess I will stuff my socks with snow! lol!
    Well I did the whole shred exercise today with 5lbs and can definately see the diference when doing the butt kicks (I struggled with them) but push ups on my knees still hard... Push ups is a total mess though, my hands are usually very sweaty and slippery and my knees hurt... I will get there though.
    Oh, BTW, there are several Jillian Michaels exercise at Exercise Tv including the first level of 30 day shred!

I hope your ankle feels better very soon! That's great about Exercise TV. I've been to their website and had a look at the free online streaming workouts -- quite a few available! I started using the 5lb weights on the last few days of Level 1, and boy what a difference! We'll get there with those push ups, I just know it!! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I loved my first day of 30 day Shred!!. Like everyone else, I thought 20 minutes will be easy to get thru........not!! It was harder than I thought, but Im sticking to it !! I will weigh in on Friday...hopefully seeing some results!!. The 30 day Shred is the only exercise I'm doing right now do to time constrants. I am watching and logging everything that enters my mouth and boy does that help. I was playing round with my dinner food earlier tonight to help keep my sodiom down.......

Lori, it sounds like you're doing GREAT with logging foods and I'm very interested to see your results too... I'm actually very excited about seeing everyone's before/after photos... keep up the good work!
    I guess I missed loggin in yesterday. Today is day 10 for me -a new level tomorrow. Still doing modified push ups but I can do some regular(just not many). Wish me luck for tomorrow, I fear I might need it.

Same here on the push ups! I hope your first day of Level 2 went well!! I will be posting my Day 1 Level 2 review shortly. :)
    I am feeling the results! Today, I put on a freshly washed pair of jeans which I usually dread. They were so much more comfy today! Yay! I also made my mini goals today. If I lose 5lbs a month, I will be at my goal by June! Thats crazy to think!

It will be the smallest I have been since MIDDLE SCHOOL!

That is absolutely awesome!!! You are doing GREAT!! I too am working toward the smallest I've been in my adult life and it is simply amazing... keep up your good work!!

I hope you feel 100% soon -- darn cold!! Well done for sticking with the Shred regardless! :) I think most of us here are struggling a little with the push ups... but I know we're all getting stronger and soon we'll be doing the unmodified push ups, no problem! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Day 11 (Day 1 Level 2) for me this morning. WOW! Can we say intense?! L0L! I love the change of routine from the previous 10 days. Had to do the modified version of the plank jumps, but I was able to do the plank jacks just fine. Went back to the 3lb weights for a couple of days, then will move back up to 5lbs partway through these 10 days of Level 2. I do believe Level 2 will be GREAT for strengthening these arms enough to be able to do unmodified push ups when I come back around to Level 1 again in the future. Can hardly believe that this marks one-third of the way through for me already!

Every one of you here has been doing an AMAZING job, sticking with this workout DVD... be proud of yourselves and keep up the great work!! :)
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Wow level 2 is AWESOME! Such a jump in intensity from level 1. My DVD is starting to skip (the little man's finger prints are all over it) so I'm going to try to clean it tonight. Just skipping through the cool down so got the entire level 2 done. Also will be shoveling snow all day and did a 25 minute kettlebell workout as well. The scale is not moving but I'm trying to just keep going. I've lost weight before (pre-baby) and although it is harder this time around, I will do it again!

Be on the lookout for another challenge coming up tomorrow morning!
  • queenmedusa
    queenmedusa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 of level 2 today. Was feeling kinda sick yesterday so I'm not sure if working out so intensely today was a mistake or not. HRM went up to 160 and I got a bit giddy in places, did some modified versions of some of the moves and was pretty tired at the end. Not sure I'm ever gonna be able to do the full-on versions of the level 2 moves because they pretty much target my weakest joints (wrists and ankles) so I have to go careful. Hopefully I'll be able to do day 3 tomorrow if I don't get to dance class.

Well done to everyone else who's doing so well on level 2. Fingers crossed I'll catch you all up! :smile:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Hey Shredders!

Yesterday was D10L3: It was tough, but I never gave up. By the end of the 30 days, I'll be a badass like Natalie and not a novice like Anita!! I will still modify some of the moves, esp. on the second go around.
    Sates: 260 calories, 131 average hr, 158 max hr

I still need to shred for today. I went to the gym this morning for almost 2 hours. But I will do level 3 before the night is over!
  • bluebeta
    Options
    D1L2 today, was a bit more intense. Was able to do push ups without modifying. (ya me-finally) Still with 2# weights-my arms feel like jello when I am finished so I don't think I can move up quite yet. I modified the last 5 or so of the plank jumps, but rocked the plank jacks (who knows why). A little sore again.. Well see how tomorrow goes.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    D8/L1 complete! I felt pretty good tonight even using only the 5 & 8lb weights. The middle set of cardio still kicked my butt though.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been so vocal the past few days. I promise I will have a chance to catch up soon. I just want to say congratulations to everyone who made it to level 2! And those that haven't, you will be there soon enough. Go at your own pace.
    So yesterday was D11L3. I had a killer workout in the morning, so my intensity wasn't as high as usual. But I didn't give up. There were times when I wanted to drop the weights, but I pushed through it.
    Chandra, plank jacks are hard, but I'll take them over regular jumping jacks anyday. So glad there's not many of them in level 2. You will get better at the plank jacks. I actually found the hardest part was having the strength in my arms to support myself during the plank, but I got it now!!
    Here are my stats quickly:
    225 calories
    122 average hr
    151 max hr
    66% of target hr
  • bk2011
    bk2011 Posts: 268
    Options
    Good morning everyone! About to get my shred on and get level 2 done...but first I wanted to jump on the thread and post the next challenge for the rest of the week.

I'm going to do one exercise and one food/diet/nutrition challenge each week I think!

TODAYS CHALLENGE - Drink AT LEAST 64 oz of water every day for the rest of the week! If you already do this regularly, I would say try to increase your daily consumption by at least 8 oz every day.

Happy shredding, and keep up the great work everyone!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Wow level 2 is AWESOME! Such a jump in intensity from level 1. My DVD is starting to skip (the little man's finger prints are all over it) so I'm going to try to clean it tonight. Just skipping through the cool down so got the entire level 2 done. Also will be shoveling snow all day and did a 25 minute kettlebell workout as well. The scale is not moving but I'm trying to just keep going. I've lost weight before (pre-baby) and although it is harder this time around, I will do it again!

I LOVE Level 2 -- I increased my own intensity this morning, Day 2, and whoa.. at the end of it I felt like a puddle of warm slowly-melting Jello on the floor... now THAT'S an intense workout!! I'm so excited to see what the scale says for me tomorrow morning (especially since TOM is now OVER, yay!)... and to get through these next 8 days of Level 2... then, onward to Level 3... yeah!! Just keep on doing what you're doing -- we are building muscle as well as shedding fat, so it may take a little while for all our hard work to show up on the scale. You're doing GREAT!! Well done on the kettlebell workout!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    Did day 2 of level 2 today. Was feeling kinda sick yesterday so I'm not sure if working out so intensely today was a mistake or not. HRM went up to 160 and I got a bit giddy in places, did some modified versions of some of the moves and was pretty tired at the end. Not sure I'm ever gonna be able to do the full-on versions of the level 2 moves because they pretty much target my weakest joints (wrists and ankles) so I have to go careful. Hopefully I'll be able to do day 3 tomorrow if I don't get to dance class.

Well done to everyone else who's doing so well on level 2. Fingers crossed I'll catch you all up! :smile:

I hope you're feeling better today!! Well done on getting Level 2 done yesterday regardless. It's great that there are modifications available for just about every move -- my mom has been doing the Shred right along with us (luvallmusic here on MFP), and she's had to modify to account for a sore/weak knee, but she's still keeping up with everything. I did a few of the plank jumps today, but had to revert to the modified version to get through the rest of 'em. Plank jacks, I'm pretty much OK with, but that second set of them started to get to me today. I was REALLY pushing myself this morning. I'm sure you'll catch up no problem; just keep with the modifications that work for you -- that's definitely the way to go. As Jillian said, no injuries allowed!! L0L. Best wishes!
    D1L2 today, was a bit more intense. Was able to do push ups without modifying. (ya me-finally) Still with 2# weights-my arms feel like jello when I am finished so I don't think I can move up quite yet. I modified the last 5 or so of the plank jumps, but rocked the plank jacks (who knows why). A little sore again.. Well see how tomorrow goes.

Great job on the push ups! I've found the 'walking push ups' to be pretty interesting -- wow! I can say they're slowly becoming more manageable for me, too. :) I went back to the 3lb weights for the beginning of Level 2 -- thinking of going back up to the 5s for the back row-type moves, but for the V-lifts toward the end of Level 2, 3lbs are definitely needed for me. My whole body felt like Jello this morning! L0L. Good luck on today's workout -- I bet you'll rock it! :)
    D8/L1 complete! I felt pretty good tonight even using only the 5 & 8lb weights. The middle set of cardio still kicked my butt though.

Exactly what it's supposed to do!! L0L. Great job on keeping up with the Shred. Wow, 8lb weights, go you!! I found 5lb weights to be quite the challenge for my last 3 Level 1 workouts; couldn't imagine trying it with 8lb weights!!
    So yesterday was D11L3. I had a killer workout in the morning, so my intensity wasn't as high as usual. But I didn't give up. There were times when I wanted to drop the weights, but I pushed through it.
    Chandra, plank jacks are hard, but I'll take them over regular jumping jacks anyday. So glad there's not many of them in level 2. You will get better at the plank jacks. I actually found the hardest part was having the strength in my arms to support myself during the plank, but I got it now!!

Great job on pushing through it, Leela! That's the issue I'm having with pretty much all of the plank work. Still building on that arm strength to be able to support myself throughout... getting there, slowly but surely... Jillian is making sure of that!! Man, I missed seeing her at the weigh in on Biggest Loser last night!! I aspire to her, big time... funny enough, she and I are right around the same height and, I'm pretty sure, a similar build (stocky, as she calls it)... can't wait until my body more closely resembles hers... got another 35-40lbs to go and a lot of toning/strength training... I can do this!! Great job on getting in so much exercise each day, Leela -- awesome work! :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I'm going to do one exercise and one food/diet/nutrition challenge each week I think!

TODAYS CHALLENGE - Drink AT LEAST 64 oz of water every day for the rest of the week! If you already do this regularly, I would say try to increase your daily consumption by at least 8 oz every day.

I think that sounds like a great idea -- a little something extra to keep us all motivated, both on the exercise and the food/nutrition fronts. :) I will do my very best with this week's water challenge. I've been a little slack when it comes to water intake lately, yet I do still drink quite a bit of (herbal) tea, and have been doing great at limiting myself to just one cup of coffee in the mornings. :) I try to have water nearby wherever I am (which is easier when I'm at work), and drink when I'm thirsty.

Best of luck to everyone on this challenge... and, the 10 minutes of extra cardio challenge too! Let us know if you decide to participate in these challenges and keep us up on your progress. I love how everyone has been so supportive of each other around here -- it's really great to see! Keep it up!! You're all doing GREAT!
  • sgreene87
    sgreene87 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I hope it is okay if I jump on board this shred thread too. I have been updating on another shred post and glad I stumbled on this one too since it will be additional support and motivation. I completed day 10 level one and wasn't really sure if I was going to move on to L2 but after reading some of your posts, I think maybe I should. Thanks for posting your expierences they truly do help us beginners.
  • MaryTheIceCube
    Options
    I hope it is okay if I jump on board this shred thread too. I have been updating on another shred post and glad I stumbled on this one too since it will be additional support and motivation. I completed day 10 level one and wasn't really sure if I was going to move on to L2 but after reading some of your posts, I think maybe I should. Thanks for posting your expierences they truly do help us beginners.

It is absolutely OK! Welcome, and I'm glad you joined in! Level 2 is a jump in intensity, but even if you (like most of us) have to modify some of the moves, especially at first, I'd say definitely give it a try, since you've done 10 days of Level 1. Best wishes, and let us know how it goes for you!