What does your screen name stand for?

Options

Replies

• lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I can't remember if I've already answered this question and I'm too lazy to look it up.

I used to be own a Jeep CJ-7 and I had installed locking differentials in both axles. I used to be active on the Jeep forums and most of them knew instantly what it meant. I also used it to sell Jeep parts on E-Bay and I just used it for everything for simplicity.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    I live in North Portland, and have the majority of my time in Portland, which is sometimes lovingly referred to as "NoPo" and I'm a girl. Gal just sounded more fun, so I used that all together.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    My real name is Bambi, but that was taken so I went with Bamboo b/c that is what my dad used to call me when he was still living.

Bambi you know my aol sn is bambi061981 because my middle name is Fawn. I LOVE THAT NAME BTW
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I don't think I contributed to this so here goes....

So, about 4 years ago I was a detective sergeant with the police department here in my hometown. I was trained as one of the department crisis negotiators and as such I had to get SWAT qualified (We called it the SORT team, as apparently SORTing is more politically correct than SWATting something). So I accompanied several officers to the team training. As fate would have it, I happened to be the canidate with the highest rank (although to be honest, while I had some semblence of field rank, it was a pay grade thing more than an actual supervisor rank), and so I was tapped as the team leader over the course of the school.

Well without going into to many details, we ended up having a great school, and over the course of the school I developed a reputation for being somewhat brash about things. One of the instructors started calling me 'Sergeant Invincible' as anytime, we had a breach and clear or assualt I wanted to go first. A few of the guys ended up being really good friends and just kinda started calling me it as a nickname. So, 'Sgtinvincible' was born.

I admit now though, that I am far from Invincible, and after a number of close calls, my gungho machismo was tempered a good bit. I am much more of a 'Sergeantisalltooawarehecancatchbulletsaswellasthenextguy'. these days....

Anyhoo, there is it. :wink: :happy:

-J:heart:
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Options
    And.....'Sergeantisalltooawarehecancatchbulletsaswellasthenextguy' was taken?

Ahhhhhhh shux!:tongue:

On the more serious side....yes ...I do have a serious side..... Dude! I have many a family member in the police force and DEA....and you guyz are AWESOME!:heart:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I don't think I contributed to this so here goes....

I had to get SWAT qualified (We called the the SORT team, as apparently SORTing is more politically correct than SWATting something).

-J:heart:

something about this just tickles me!
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Ah, of course I would choose to follow the Sarge... Oh well, boring is as boring does. Bonkers, 'cause I am about 80 percent of the time, and the numbers are my hubby's and my years of birth. My first and other screen name is novbaby75, because I am a November baby, but at 32, feels kinda like I've out grown that one. :noway: And Bonkers is so mature, they all say collectively! :tongue:

Love it! :laugh:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    No creativity here....female living in Alaska.

Great thread though, SoupNazi!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Mine was my old AIM name for a loooong time...I used to LOVE singing (still do) and originally went to school for music. So I was a song bird back in the day! *sigh*:heart:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Mine was my old AIM name for a loooong time...I used to LOVE singing (still do) and originally went to school for music. So I was a song bird back in the day! *sigh*:heart:

oooh song bird me too me too!! I was a vocal performance major back in the day myself! and music ed..and music industry. Lets face it, music is a hard major! anyway, we should definitely take this convo private so we dont bore everyone to death, but yay music sis! There is another one of us on MFP that goes by greysweatshirt. we took over the chat room one nite and bored everyone with music chit chat. ok enough is enough...friending you now!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

Thank you, my friend! Good to have you back Alaska! Missed you much.......:heart:
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options

Thank you, my friend! Good to have you back Alaska! Missed you much.......:heart:

Ahh, shucks....

Thanks so much :heart:

Good to be back, too.
  • Crystalpotamus
    Options
    My name is crystal, and I'm a hippo... crystalpotamus.
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    mine use to be my first and last name but changed to luvchi cuz i luv my chihuahua and the 3 is for my three babies (2 cats 1 dog)
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Mine is my signon code at work. They give everyone at work a code. We use those codes to direct msg each others within the office and our drivers to direct msg us. We use it to log in to all programs on our computer. So I just made it simple My memory is horrible. :ohwell: I dont wanna have to remember another username and password. :laugh:

That's all...:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Mine is my signon code at work. They give everyone at work a code. We use those codes to direct msg each others within the office and our drivers to direct msg us. We use it to log in to all programs on our computer. So I just made it simple My memory is horrible. :ohwell: I dont wanna have to remember another username and password. :laugh:

What's your password?

BOSCO

:wink:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mine is because I'm a Chilli freak...use it a lot, easy to remember
    :bigsmile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

What's your password?

top secret baby...:devil: :smokin: