Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will have faith in my abilities.

That is awesome! You can do it!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today:I will focus on ideas vs reality, or what I like to call "The Rear View Mirror Principle".

During the day a lot of thoughts and ideas come to me: "I want to have a fuzzy sock day. I want to lay in bed all day and read a book. I want to eat junk food. I want to watch movies that I haven't watched in a while. Exercise is too hard. Eating right sucks. A nap would be more fun the a stroll on the dreadmill." Last night, post workout, I read someone's status that they were trying to get up the enthusiam for a workout, but a nap sounded better. It struck me how often (Most minutes of every day) I have the same thoughts. But having already completed my workout for the day, I was able to honestly say, that although the idea of the nap is better going forward, the reality of the workout is way better in the rear view mirror. What do you want to see in your rear view mirror at the end of the day?
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just for Today:I will focus on ideas vs reality, or what I like to call "The Rear View Mirror Principle".

During the day a lot of thoughts and ideas come to me: "I want to have a fuzzy sock day. I want to lay in bed all day and read a book. I want to eat junk food. I want to watch movies that I haven't watched in a while. Exercise is too hard. Eating right sucks. A nap would be more fun the a stroll on the dreadmill." Last night, post workout, I read someone's status that they were trying to get up the enthusiam for a workout, but a nap sounded better. It struck me how often (Most minutes of every day) I have the same thoughts. But having already completed my workout for the day, I was able to honestly say, that although the idea of the nap is better going forward, the reality of the workout is way better in the rear view mirror. What do you want to see in your rear view mirror at the end of the day?

Love it! So glad I found this thread :flowerforyou:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I'm glad you found it, too!
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This is amazing! I'm going to make a post it note that says "The rear view mirror principle" and put it on my mirror (and my fridge and my computer and my steering wheel and several other places!"
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will have faith in my abilities.

Amen!
    A little faith can carry you a loooooooooooooong way.
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options

What do you want to see in your rear view mirror at the end of the day?

I want to see the results of my not giving in to peer (family) pressure, bad habits and stinkin' thinkin' (telling myself I can't do things or they're too hard, or I'm too tired, etc).
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today: I will make an attack plan to tackle my plan of attack. (Meaning I won't just make vague plans and goals, I will try to come up with a way to accomplish them)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today: I will be strong enough to make it to tomorrow.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will treat my body with love and respect!:heart:
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will try to remember that I am a grown up, not a child.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today, I will try to remember that I am a grown up, not a child.

My goal for yesterday was going to be listening more to my childish self.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will track everything that I eat and I won't eat anything that I can't track.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will not beat myself up over yesterday.
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Just for today I won't let others' issues become mine.
    (really HARD to do at work)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today, I will not beat myself up over yesterday.

Good plan! I made plenty of mistakes yesterday, too.
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Good plan! I made plenty of mistakes yesterday, too.
    If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying!
    :wink:
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I love this thread--it's really inspiring.

Just for today I am going to work out while I watch TV tonight rather than letting my long, tiring day be an excuse to lie on the couch.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Welcome, Valerie!:smile:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    If you don't make mistakes, you aren't really trying!
    :wink:

Thanks, I needed that!