Just for Today

Options

Replies

• GinaJ2006
    Options
    I think that's great. Years ago when I quit smoking (the first time) I took a class to help me. He gave lots of tips, but the one that helped me the most was just like you said. You choose to eat healthy (or not smoke) today. Thinking that way helped me a lot because the thought of never smoking again was scary at the time. The same way that, today, the thought of never eating my favorite greasy, salty food is kind of scary. Thank you for reminding me of that great tip, it applies to this lifestyle change as much as my last one :)
  • GinaJ2006
    Options
    Just for Today: It is time to walk away from a toxic relationship. :sad: I definately have an unhealthy dependancy on food. Today I will take control of my issues, not smother them in chocolate!:tongue:

but...but... chocolate covered issues are my favorite! :laugh:

hahaha love it
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Yes! To today, always today, or any amount of time that seems manageable or relevant. Anything looked at across months or miles looks impossible. It's like the Budha version of weight loss. It's the moment right here in front of you that counts - not what you did yesterday, not what your life is going to become six months from now when you're skinny - but here, today. Awesome.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will revel in the fact that I put on a pair of size 8 jeans.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to revel in that forever! :drinker:

Just for today I am going to remind myself that just because I put on a size 8 doesn't mean I can reward myself with food.

That is AWESOME! Revel away!:happy:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will drink my water, all of my water.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will drink my water, all of my water.
    Sounds like a plan...{{heading to kitchen for glass of cold water}}
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Just for today I deleted the slice of cake that would have pushed me way over my calories. I'll eat it tomorrow for breakfast, when there are calories spare again. (It is homemade and full of banana and cranberries, so not quite as bad as it sounds).

Love this thread :love:
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today I deleted the slice of cake that would have pushed me way over my calories. I'll eat it tomorrow for breakfast, when there are calories spare again. (It is homemade and full of banana and cranberries, so not quite as bad as it sounds).

Love this thread :love:

Good for you! Budget those calories!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I wll remember that I don't want to be hiding in a sweatshirt in July!:wink:
  • chiefslady
    Options
    Hi CriketKate..i just joined today and came upon your posts!! THANK YOU for sharing your "Just for today" words of wisdom, I love them! and the words mean so much! Im going to wake up each morning and come up with some of my own! Great Idea!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Hi CriketKate..i just joined today and came upon your posts!! THANK YOU for sharing your "Just for today" words of wisdom, I love them! and the words mean so much! Im going to wake up each morning and come up with some of my own! Great Idea!!!

Thanks, and welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wow this is freaking awesome! what a great way to look at it.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I'm going to get mini workouts in as often as I can.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just for today I am going to focus on what I like about myself and body not what I don't!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today I am going to focus on what I like about myself and body not what I don't!

AWESOME goal!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will NOT eat invisible calories. Those are the calories that I consume without thinking: licking the peanut butter off the knife after I make the kids sandwiches, picking up Cheerios off of the high chair tray, picking a pepperoni off of the pizza, sampling dinner while I cook it, You get the idea.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Just for Today I am only going to eat what I can log. No mindless snacking! (sharing you just for today Kate)
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will not sneak any Guittard milk chocolate chips out of the baking cabinet. :) They currently show up as a "most common food item" for every meal except breakfast.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today I will not sneak any Guittard milk chocolate chips out of the baking cabinet. :) They currently show up as a "most common food item" for every meal except breakfast.

I'm with you on that one!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well then ya'll need to start putting them in your oatmeal!! :noway:
    yeah, I'm the devil's advocate... but then I know better than to keep them in the house in the first place :wink: