Just for Today

Options

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will reread and reapply my original "Just For Today" post. I have noticed some definate "tomorrow" thoughts creeping up on me (I think it started when I watched Annie the other day and heard her singing, "I love ya, Tomorrow")
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will do my best and forget the rest.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will do the things that I can do and accept the things that I can't.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will do my best!
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just for today: I will look at the 4 lbs I've lost instead of the 21 lbs to go!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will do the things that I can do and accept the things that I can't.
    Reminds me of the Serenity Prayer...
    Nice

Just for today I will not let E(asing) G(od) O(ut) get in the way
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Just for today: I will work toward my goals.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be patient and understanding. It takes a lot more time and effort to turn the ship around than it does to conitnue on the same course.
  • xyla
    Options
    Just for today, I will celebrate my small victories rather than dwelling on my failures!
  • toots99
    Options
    Just for today, I will revel in the fact that I put on a pair of size 8 jeans.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to revel in that forever! :drinker:

Just for today I am going to remind myself that just because I put on a size 8 doesn't mean I can reward myself with food.
  • rizorw
    rizorw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I am going to get my butt outside and exercise by running around with my children and not worry about the mud and the snow.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love this thread, mostly because I am all about the tomorrow. I love that I can have new starts and the next day can be better, but I cannot continue having a new start every other day!

Just for today I am going to listen to my body and not eat just because there is temptation!
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be patient and understanding. It takes a lot more time and effort to turn the ship around than it does to conitnue on the same course.

so true and the best rewards usually come from the hardest work.
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Just for today, I will revel in the fact that I put on a pair of size 8 jeans.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to revel in that forever! :drinker:

Just for today I am going to remind myself that just because I put on a size 8 doesn't mean I can reward myself with food.
    Congratulations and good save!
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Just for today I will get out and move instead of staying in and excuse-ing.

For too long I've allowed my back to be an excuse. Sometimes, it's really sore and I just have to stop but other days I'm just afraid to get started because it MIGHT hurt after. Well, heck. Isn't that WHY I have the meds? IN CASE it hurts? The hardest step is the first but since I'm kind of still reeling from yesterdays exercise I think I want to ride that momentum as far as it will take me. And each day that I ride it I add to it and can (hopefully) go another day.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for today I will get out and move instead of staying in and excuse-ing.

I'm walking around with sore knees and ankles and have been doing the same. I often wonder am I not doing what I could and just hiding behind my joints.
  • xyla
    Options
    "Just for today, I will revel in the fact that I put on a pair of size 8 jeans.

Oh who am I kidding? I'm going to revel in that forever!

Just for today I am going to remind myself that just because I put on a size 8 doesn't mean I can reward myself with food."

WOW! Way to go! Keep enjoying those size 8's. I judge my weight loss more by the size of my clothes than by the scale!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will remember that life is a special occasion!

I keep trying to find my motivation outside myself: I will lose weight before a reunion, or I will lose weight before a family party. This morning, as I was contemplating a birthday party that I have to go to, I was thinking about the reasons I didn't want to go. The biggest:wink: reason was that I didn't want to see people and have them see how much weight I've gained over the last year. Then it hit me that the people I was most worried about were people that I haven't seen in a few years and whose opinions really don't matter to me anyway. The people who I care about see me everyday and love me. I want to be thin and healthy, not to please someone that I don't see on a regular bases, but so that I can be my best and give my best to the ones that I love.
  • toots99
    Options
    Just for today, I will say no to myself!
  • Lsng4good
    Lsng4good Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just For Today: I will put on my two piece and hit the indoor gym pool and not compare myself to anyone else.