T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options
15678911»

Replies

• CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks Emma. This is all so hard on me. Mike choose to try to work on his marriage. He says he has not moved back home and that it won't work, but he hasn't filed for divorce either. He had just separated when we started dating. I then found out from a friend of his and his daughter that he was going to counseling with his wife and to a marriage seminar at his church with her. The whole time he is working on his marriage he is seeing me and telling me he loves me and wants to marry me once his divorce is final. I don't get it at all. I WILL NOT see him again until he has divorce papers in hand. But after all the game playing I am not sure I can trust him at all.

Sorry you got your call last week. Hope it isn't messing with you like it is messing with me.

I will keep you in my prayers too. Hugs to you!
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    :happy: Howdy Gals,

Happy Saturday!!!!!! I didn't post last night, too tired. I don't think I even turned on the 'puter! I do know I fell a sleep in my recliner and woke up at midnight cold and shivering and crawled to bed. SO happy I thought to turn on the heated mattress pad earlier...ooooo so toasty! Even DH's cold rough feet didn't bother me...:wink:

I gained only ½ pound after our "honeymoon" weekend. Or, I should say that's what measured yesterday. I think I was really up 3 pounds on Monday, but the extra effort of eating on track, no booze and exercise reduced the damage pretty quickly.

Yea Emma, and SHAWNA...my "feeling" was right, huh? Good job gals.

Welcome back Deb. I missed you! I know your heart is breaking and wish I could be there to give you a HUGE hug.

I started out pretty good today, but my sweet tooth kicked in, and my head has been in the freezer pulling out every truffle, candy bar and popsicle I buried in there for..."safe keeping". Well, it's not as bad as it sounds, but I did some damage. Now I'm almost sick to my stomach. I hope I remember that at the next attack. Argh! I wasn't going to post my foods today because of it, but I think I will...if I can fine the culprits in the foods list.

I'll check back later tonight.

Happy Losing.....Vicki...*Ü*
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Howdy gals : ) Marking the page for later but wanted to check in... Thanks, Debbie, for the nudge to post again ~ it's nice to be wanted!!
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Well, Howdy yourself Lulu! I hope we see more of you while you become less of you :bigsmile: We have the same goal, although you're a bit ahead of me at the start gate.

My candy binge wasn't as bad as I thought, calories wise. I had never heard of a Zero candy bar...something I picked up at the checkout stand a week or two ago and threw in the freezer. It wasn't that good...too sweet (never though I'd say THAT) and tossed ½ in the garbage (never thought I'd DO that). But the big surprise was finding it on MFP!

Did a little sewing today, and shopping for a lap top. I'm tired of being tethered to this desk top when I want to connect with you, my FB friends, and QVC among other "chores" I have to compute...like pay bills :grumble:

Off to bed, got my mattress pad warmer turned on...it's a balmy 8° right now (11 pm) but no snow...yet. See ya'll tomorrow

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    hello everyone!
    I hope you are all having a good weekend. I have opted not to log any of my food today. It is the oscars and if people can make it to my house through all the snow that fell on Vancouver last night, we always have a big oscar party. It's not something I feel like giving up. So taking alittle break, but will be back in full capacity on monday!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Hi all...

I've been MIA... Oh well... Crazy hectic life what else can I say...

Hope everyone is good.

Anita
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Love you Lulu and Anita...nice to see your beautiful faces again!!!

Have fun Emma you need a cheat day once in awhile.

Always nice to see you too Vicki. I am freezing tonight here. It's in the low 40's but cold windy and raining. I just want to curl up and go to sleep but it's only 6pm LOL

Everyone else seems to be bailing on us. What do we need to do to keep our group????

Deb
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaaack! :happy: For those of you I've yet to meet, I'm Lulu, 50 yo, live in New Orleans, married 26 years, two kids - a beautiful daughter, 25, who got married in October and lives about 40 minutes away; and a son, 21, who is a singer/musician/student/part-time restaurant worker. I work full time, have two dogs, a cat, and I am overweight. That about sums it up for now.

I have been away from MFP for about a year. I had lost 25 pounds, then completely plateaued - and then started gaining again. After several months of gaining - while maintaining my calorie and exercise goals - I pretty much gave up. I recently went to the doc for my big 50-year check up and overhaul and discoverd that thyroid had gone kapuut! I have been on synthroid for 6 weeks and I am seeing a HUGE and AMAZING difference in my body. I won't go into it, but suffice it to say that I no longer feel doomed or stuck or hopeless. Yay!

I know a lot of the teamies here from before and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you!!

Bottoms up girls!! Drink drink drink the water this week, move yer booties, and eat well. It's gonna be a GREAT week!

:heart: Lulu
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

sorry i've been MIA for awhile. been super busy at work and i've been having issues with the weight loss. I cant stay focus i have too much going on. But, ill get through it, its just another obstacle.

i'll try to post more often.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Blue Yippee nice to see you back. I am sorry you are having struggles. You've come too far to let it go. You have to do this for you!! MAKE time in your busy schedule to do this. You can log your food in the morning...take a couple of minutes then make sure you eat what you've logged for the day. If you can manage to post here twice a week that would be cool. Come on try for yourself...try for me!! I've missed you!

Lulu that thyroid is a bugger. I've been on thyroid meds for about 6 months myself. I didn't think it made much of a difference but I take it anyway. I had developed a sensation of a lump in my throat when I swallowed and it would make me gag. The thyroid meds stopped that sensation and that made me happy enough to keep taking it. I started losing when I started dating a man and he started stressing me out. I lost 8lbs from the stress then decided to keep going and signed back on to MFP Jan 1st. Ive lost 22 since Thanksgiving and a total of 40lb from when I started MFP in 2009. I've lost several clothes size...gone from a 24 to a 18. I'm excited and having fun this time around. It's good to see you again.

The gals here are great. Vicki is a great gal and I am sure you will love her. Emma is a sweatheart. Look forward to your posts.

Thanks for the reminder about drinking water. I need to do that more. I walk 30 minutes a day now on week days at work. If the price of gas goes up too much higher I will be walking to work and that will give me another 40 minutes a day. Have a gret week everyone!!

Deb
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA lately. Work has been catching up with me. Things are slowing down tho, so I should be able to get back to posting regularly. I am no longer keeping a food journal with MFP... its just too much for me to do since I plan my meals another way. BUT, the scale seems to be ok with that...So far, so good!!

Here is the new Thread link!! Thanks Deb for kickin me in the butt! :0) Love u!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182638-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-new-thread-0]/url]
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

It's so nice to see more than two posts after 24 hours!

Let's make this thread a little fun AND challenging! Good reminder about the water, Lulu...so let's CHALLENGE ourselves to get in our 8 (at least 68 ounces) of water each day. Remember, we get some water from other food sources, vegetables, fruits, etc...but other foods SUCK water from us...like caffeine and alcohol. And don't forget to add more water when you exercise...because hopefully your sweating! :drinker:

I joke, saying my water drinking is about the only GOOD thing I do for myself. I have a 56 oz insulated container with a lid and straw. I fill it with ice before I leave for work, then fill it when I get there. It's on my desk all day for me to sip as needed, and often I refill it. To make it a little tastier add a dollop of pure lemon or lime juice! Post when you can your hints and progress.

Blue, there was a quote on my facebook page from a friend...let's see if I can remember it...Focus on the goal, not the steps it takes to get there. If you keep your eye on that goal, the steps will come naturally. Something like that. I hope we get to see you again this week.

Lulu, I read or heard on TV that Thyroid issues are on the rise, especially among women. I remember when I was a kid (just a couple of years ago...:noway: ) we would use the excuse that our thyroid was acting up, if we couldn't lose weight...and doctors claimed NOT! Another was, "my metabolism has slowed" and again the doctors said...NOT. Oh yeah...and PMS was all in our heads!!!!!! Makes one wonder what else they'll finally believe to be true we've been claiming for centuries. I'm glad they found a "weigh" to help you.

HI EMMA!!!! Are you getting your homework done? Hang in there...you're doing great.

Deb, how far do you live from your job? I live about two blocks...up hill both ways :wink: and this time of year snow up to my, well knees right now. Contrats on the 18's! I'm there in the higher end brands (Penney's :bigsmile: ) but still in 20 to 22 in the cheap stuff (JMS and Roamans). That's fine...I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes when I'm like this.

Anita... drop in more often...even for a quick hello...we MISS you!

Shawna, I hope things go okay for you two.

Weekends are usually low calories days, if we aren't going anywhere. I sleep in, have a brunch of sorts and an early dinner, so it's sometimes an effort to get in 1200 calories. I made a delicious yogurt parfait for my "snack" today. Had something similar at the resort last weekend for breakfast. Mine wasn't as sweet, but still it hit the spot!

Monday's my day off and I have a TON of sewing projects to do. Should have done them today, but listened to NASCAR (yeah...Jeff Gordon won!) and cleaned up one of my email accounts. Also ordered a Notebook computer. Soon I'll be chatting with you while nestled in my comfy recliner instead of this old rickety office chair.

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*