T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options

Replies

• Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did just get finished watching Dr. Oz. He said that the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up. Not at night and not through out the day. But in the morning. The best time to work out is in the morning. And the best time to boost your metabolism is in the morning. By drinking a glass of water every day you can loose a pound in a year from just doing that. I'm going to try to ditch the pop again. I need to, I drink way way to much. I can do it. I've done it before, I can do it again. Watch me :)

Question: Did Dr Oz specify what counts as "the morning" My morning starts at 8am, wheareas my friends morning starts at 3am. I know for breakfast they say to eat within the hour.

Oh, yeah the soda is an evil little culprit. I weaned off of it about 2 years ago. Since then i drink it at mos once a week. I dunno how i managed to do that.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I did just get finished watching Dr. Oz. He said that the best time to weigh yourself is when you first wake up. Not at night and not through out the day. But in the morning. The best time to work out is in the morning. And the best time to boost your metabolism is in the morning. By drinking a glass of water every day you can loose a pound in a year from just doing that. I'm going to try to ditch the pop again. I need to, I drink way way to much. I can do it. I've done it before, I can do it again. Watch me :)

Question: Did Dr Oz specify what counts as "the morning" My morning starts at 8am, wheareas my friends morning starts at 3am. I know for breakfast they say to eat within the hour.

Oh, yeah the soda is an evil little culprit. I weaned off of it about 2 years ago. Since then i drink it at mos once a week. I dunno how i managed to do that.

Yes, he said that because majority of americans wake up around 6:30 he said to do it then. He said that we are the lightest early in the morning. Then, after you weigh you should work out.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I an looking forward to all the outdoor summer activities too! :) avoid real sweet tea at all costs lol. Souds like your body was actually starving from lack of nutrients if you were using so many on pop. Oh man! I do recommend ginger peach tea!!! With a little stevia, or sugar if you must...it's delicious and sweet! One challenge at a time, dominate that soda!!:)

I like the Crystal light, because I don't have to add any sugar. It's sweet enough for me as is. I do however treat myself once every few weeks to a sweet tea from McDonalds.... I still eat fine, and I don't eat junk food. I just haven't been as active thanks to my new job. Hopefully it'll be getting better soon.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all. Sorry I was away all weekend...but I warned you that Mike would be here. I didn't log all weekend. I have to learn to log when he is here too. But I try to stay off the computer when he is here. We don't get too much time together.

Looks like everyone had a good week for losing and maintaining last week. Good luck to everyone this week.

I think egam is right and we should all post a little note each day. I keep bugging people to come and post. I think it is important to have that communication going.

I don't have too much to say I am tired and going to go to bed early. BUt I wanted to let you all know I love you and I'm still here!!
    Deb
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

I may have messed up. I didn't open my reply in a new tab, so I may get your names and messages crossed, although scrolling down I think I can "fake" it...

I had a GREAT day today. I have Monday's off too, and I pretty much spent it on...me. Did a little sewing for myself. I cut out a vest and pants outfit and thought I better get it whipped up so I could wear it before it gets too big...:laugh: Also spent some time re-gearing myself for next Friday's weight in. After last nights dinner I changed our whole menu for today...something a bit lighter and MUCH healthier. I think I did pretty well. I don't have any meetings after work this week, so you'll be seeing more of me again.

SODA...POP...COLA...FIZZIES (anybody remember Fizzies?). The BANE of healthy beverages. And I make it worse by adding BOOZE (I LOVE Diet Squirt and Gin!!!). I was lucky as I never was big on soda's, but was a HUGE coffee drinker (strong and black) and never lost any sleep over it...:yawn: I took a full year and weaned myself to just two cups in the mornings now, still strong and black. My food diary says three because my coffee cup is bigger than the 8 oz "mug" they offer. So that would be my suggestion to you, Kelly, and everyone else battling the Cola addiction (and you know who you are). Even the Diet stuff is deadly...my co-worker used to drink 3 to 5 Pepsi's a day, switched to diet and gained 10 pounds in two months! She didn't change anything else in her diet. Another friend went in for a company physical and health assessment; even though she drinks 10 diet Cokes a day she was seriously dehydrated. I'm sorry if I'm harping, but by drinking your soda's all your doing is making some conglomerate rich and ruining your health.

I LOVE your new pic, Shawna. Finally got on line to check out your "green" drinks...found quite a few possibilities. Thanks! I made the BEST fruit mix today, ½ a pineapple, one orange, one lemon, a bag of frozen whole strawberries, three cups agua and ¼ cup blue agave. It makes 7-8 servings, and when I had a scoop of Whey Protein Powder, it's the perfect breakfast. :drinker:

Hey Deb, how was the weekend???? I get ragged on a lot for being on the computer, but I'm not sitting on my *kitten* all night watching news, or really STUPID reality shows (well, except House Hunters). That's why I like this site, it doesn't take long to log my foods through the day, and most of it on my phone. I get on HERE after dinner....and then there's FB, and email...:blushing:

OKAY EMMA...no more wishy washy excuses for you! You're a third into your first goal...so you know what to do!

Hiya, Blue. I day starts at 8 on days off...4:45 on work days...and I'm NOT getting up earlier to fit in a workout!

9 pm, already. Need to get my lunch together (after I figure out what it'll be...head in fridge with door wide open)

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Vicki, I love how you address EVERYONE! It is very kind! :-D

I am pushing my a** this week, for sure! I leave for Long Beach WA on Friday for a romantic weekend away hehehe I had a goal of 185 by that weekend! We shall see.... eek! Either way, closer than I am now would be nice ;)
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey all... just finished reading through the posts since last time I was here. Sorry didnt weigh in on Friday, but I already told ya'll about my loss earlier in the week and there was no change.

Had a Dr appointment today... good ole physical. BP is perfect. Cholesterol good but for some odd reason my Triglycerides are a little high and that has me stumped. She said to watch Trans fats in foods, but I honestly don't know how much more I can watch for them. I've been really eating well and always pay attention to even the hidden ones. Maybe my body just hasnt caught on yet??

Anyway.... she pointed out that I had gained weight (a whole 5lb according to her scale, which made me happy since I was 12lbs up according to mine :laugh: ) since a year ago and told me to get my *kitten* moving. LOL..I told her I got off track for a while, but that I was back to exercising and eating cleaner and while it may not seem like much, I had managed to lose a whopping 3 whole pounds in the month of January. She didnt seem too impressed and told me to have things checked again in about 6 months. She said she wants me to burn at LEAST 300 calories a day doing some form of exercise. EVERY single day. Walking, Zumba... whatever... just to motivate my rear every day. Like I didnt already know this??? I paid how much for this visit??:tongue:

Hubby gone till Wednesday to San Antonio. I took the kids bowling. We played 2 fast paced games in an hour and guess what?? It logged as 301 calories burned.... woohoo!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    :drinker: I will TRY to get here every day to post... promise! Might not be until later in the evenings, but I will definitely make more of an effort to post daily.

Alright. So it's been six weeks of vacation. Only instead of six full weeks it's been more like 2 weeks of solid vacation and four weeks of beating myself up about all the things I should be doing. This is not helpful or productive, so I'm moving on and I'm starting over, trying smarter so to speak. I'm going to take these next two weeks to get some of my strengh back and my head in the game and most importantly LOG ALL MY FOOD. That will take me to reading break when I will start running again. With a whole week of no school that should help my get into the running routine without getting super stressed about it.

I will also be posting more on the thread and I would ask that all of you consider doing the same! I feel like we are sort of falling apart! So my challenge, post everyday! Just a little something, just a little nod.

I hope everyone has a good week!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Good. Yesterday was day number one of no soda. It came and it went. Today is number two. I was going to work out yesterday but I just didn't feel like it. I'm on my feet all literally... the only time I sit down is during my computer time before I leave for work, on the way to work...half hour around noon, car ride to get my daughter who I end up chasing around for a bit. I run any errands, and finally make it home.... so we're talking almost 5pm by the time we walk in the door... then it's taking the dog out real quick, starting dinner, getting baths, picking up toys, doing dishes and if needed laundry which is down on the first floor, and I'm on the third.... getting ready for bed and by the time I have the peace and my mind back, it's going 9pm.... feed the dog, take the dog out, get a shower and get in bed so I can get back up at 5am and start all over again....I have made the attempts to stay up late and get everything done, but with in a few days I literally start falling asleep while sitting up... I have to get in bed at a decent time....

I'm on my feet all day... I'm moving around pretty quickly at time, slower at other times. I know I get my heart rate going for sure. I'm bending up and down. Picking things up, sweeping and mopping. I know I'm moving around a lot. Some days it's slower and some days it's much faster. If I do log it, I don't log my whole working shift.... I'm not doing it straight.... so I only log about 5-6 hours worth even though I know I do way more... but it's all been eaten up by my soda drinking. I went trough this last winter and once I cut out all the soda I started losing again. So I do know better. I've gone with out it before, and I've lost more before. I just have to do it.

Aunt flo came to visit this morning. Could be another reason why I just didn't feel like working out last night. But I don't usually gain during this time luckily. I do have to watch myself because I will eat like crazy, but according to Dr. Oz, we should eat more when we're on it.... he said we really need extra calories to help our bodies stay nourished.

Well, I need to hop off here and go start my car up. I can hear the rain but I'm not sure how much of it is freezing. I hate winter.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Good Morning all!! Happy Tuesday. I need back on track today. I have a hard time tracking when Mike is here and we go out to eat. Not everything we eat is on this site. I just try to eat half of what I order.

My weekend was nice Vicki. I picked him up on Saturday ( he had surgery on his arm and it is in a sling and can't drive for a month) and we then went to get my glasses adjusted and had lunch at Johnny Rockets. Then we rented a movie and came home and watched a movie. My daughter in law had gotten a puppy from her moms dogs litter and Mike had loved it and so she went and got another puppy and brought it up for Mike to see and he loved it. So we now have a puppy! The dog is so cute and loves us both. Wants to be right in the middle of things. Tries to kiss us when we are kissing. It's funny. Sunday we and watched his son in law bowl in a tournament. I had met his daughter but not the son in law. They are both nice people. It was hard to go to work and leave Mike here yesterday. I ran home on my 15 minute break to get a kiss LOL. His 2 daughters came and picked him up in the afternoon and came by my work and I got to meet the second daughter. So all in all it was a nice weekend.

This weekend when i went to bed i had gotten out nightgowns that I hadn't worn in 2 yrs because they had gotten tight and weren't comfortable to sleep in anymore. They fit wonderfully! I had room in them even. Then last night I decided to try on some silky pj's that were my favorites and they fit great too! They had been so tight on the arms that they were too uncomfortable to try to sleep in...felt so confining. I have 3 pairs of silky pj's that I can now wear again. That is a wonderful feeling. I put on a pair of pants for work yesterday and they were so big Mike told me to retire them!

Paw: You are one busy woman! I am sure you burn off many many calories a day. I wish I moved more at work. I am on and off a stool and move back and forth in a 6 ft area. From my desk to the printer ,back to my desk, to the lab and back ,to the count and pour station and back, to the cash register and back. Not far to walk but up and down and back and forth all day. I have been enjoying my walk on my 15 minute breaks though. That is all for me!

Cyndi: sorry hubby is gone. I am sure you miss him. Do you find it easier to stay on track when he is gone? Or do you struggle cause you miss him?

Shawnalee I love your new pic too. I need a new pic cause I don't think my face looks as fat as the one I have here. Here was at my daughters wedding almost 2 yr ago when I was at my heaviest. I was 272 then and I'm 235 now. I hate my picture taken though. Maybe I will change it at 200.

Well I will think on the getting off soda challenge. I drink 1-3 sodas a day. One at lunch, one when I get home with my dinner, and sometimes I drink one in bed watching tv while on facebook and to sip when I wake up at night. My meds give me dry mouth really bad so I wake up several times a night and get a sip of soda. I will start with a goal of no more than 2 sodas a day. That will cut out one. Then maybe in a week or so go to 1 soda a day...then maybe quit. I am not a water person so my biggest challenge to myself will be to drink 4 glasses a day.

I need to get another cup of coffee in me before I get ready for work so I will go for now. Hope every one ha a great day. Hope we each meet our drinking goal today!

Deb
  • pawprint061
    Options
    CrazyBee-I am busy... but I enjoy my job. When we have a resident leave we have to deep clean the room. Which means moving all the furniture and cleaning behind, under and on top... the bed has to be wiped down, all the cabinets, the bath room, the floors and the corners of the room, wipe the walls, sweep and mop...and so much more.... get it done in about an hour. That's on top of the 23 rooms I have to clean during my shift plus two shower rooms, and two nurse stations... so I'm moving. Constantly. By the time I get home, and get dinner going I'm pretty hungry. That's after a lunch and a short snack on a break. I'm glad that I've lost the amount of weight that I have already, because I most likely couldn't move around the rooms as fast as I can now. I hope that I get better. I'm still getting my balance and everything back....I'm used to working in a dog kennel where the dogs push me around lol. Plus, living on the third floor helps. Especially when I have to carry groceries up along with carrying an almost three year old who weighs like almost 30 pounds. But hey it's life. This summer we'll be twice as busy.

I did really good with my pop today and yesterday. None yesterday. Only one can today. I really didn't drink a whole lot of anything today. I couldn't bring myself to drink. I had some milk and one can of pop and that's about it. I wasn't thirsty at all. But I need to get my crazy child to bed.... I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight since I'm off tomorrow. I can sleep in.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Deb!
    You are doing sooooo well! I am proud of you and so very excited that you get to use your silky PJ's what an amazing accomplishment! :-D Hugs to you honey! As for your picture , this is a pretty one but I bet you do have a much thinner face and neck since you have made so much progress! Post one anyway you turkey! ;) You will feel better and better about pictures as you continue to shrink hehe.
    Your weekend sounds wonderful!!! I am glad you guys had the opportunity to enjoy one another. We are going to LongBeach this weekend and staying on the beach in a nice hotel hehehe looking forward to that. Quality time is very important.

OK now, for the maternal instincts in me!!! Get rid of that pop by your bed! If you are thirsty in your sleep (other than your meds) it is likely BECAUSE of the crud in the pop. If you are thirsty ENOUGH, which it sounds like you are!!! Leave only water next to your bed. You WILL drink it if you have dry mouth. The ick in the soda is not what your teeth need while your mouth sits and soaks ALL NIGHT long... IMAGINE it ;)
    I give you lots of support in 2 a day. It sounds like an amazing first step and is totally realistic. :-D I am just a firm believer of as real as possible. That's all. One step at a time and so far you have taken some impressive steps! Be proud of yourself, we are proud of you! :-D
    Oh, Deb, what do you do for work?? I am curious you described it but I couldn't tell ;)
    Shawnalee
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    Why does milk have so many calories? "sigh"

Today is going pretty well. My mom and I made a new chicken cashew stir fry which was delicious and only 352 calories! And I love dishes I don't have to use a knife with and are very easy to measure. Love!
    Anyways, I think I"ll have a little room left for some no fat rice pudding. One of my favorite desserts.
    School is okay, I've got a paper due on thursday that I've been putting off. It's definitely not helping my anxiety so I'm going to try and get it done tonight. Plus I'm getting behind in my readings. And I feel like I"m living under a rock. I haven't seen any of my friends for weeks! The library is my significant other! Oh well, reading break is soon "cross my fingers" I'll make it untill then.

pawprint: good job on the pop!!! I gave up caffine in July and I know those headaches well, not to bring you down but they still get me. Water helps, or half-caf beverages, but huge kudos to you and your strength!!

Deb: There is nothing better than having clothes that used to be to small fitting again. Good for you and I can't wait till I can say the same. I've got two pairs of jeans staring me down as I type.

Losingit4good: Ugh doctors! lol I just got my monthly blood work done, so I know the feeling. If it's not one thing it's the other. Hang in there! And remember we are here for you, but zumba is forever! lol

Thanks for posting so much today everyone! We are doing so well!
  • Endeesix
    Endeesix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I signed up for this site today and I just wanted to say I think this thread is a super idea! I can't wait to participate :)))
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Cyndi: sorry hubby is gone. I am sure you miss him. Do you find it easier to stay on track when he is gone? Or do you struggle cause you miss him?

In terms of exercising... its easier.....I get in, get it done and go on about the rest of my day because I have all the time I need. In terms of eating... its harder and I always crave the comforting sweets. I havent caved at all from my eating plan this time tho, even tho Aunt flo decided she was going to show up AGAIN today.... UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. No water weight, but I have the worst cramps ever and have been curled up on the couch with my sugar free chai tea latte.

New type of exercise fun this coming weekend. A friend of mine has 2 horses and said she needs help working them out. Heck yeah! Count me in... I havent played cowgirl since 2003 when I had to get rid of my own horse. I am soooo psyched!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Welcome Endeesix. We are quite the group here.

Thanks Shawnalee for the nice things you said. I am a pharmacy technician. ( legal drug dealer) for a compounding pharmacy in Kent WA. I've been a technician for 12 yrs since my divorce. I was basically saying that I sit on a stool and process a run of 10-15 prescriptions then I get up and walk to the printer to get all of my paperwork, then walk back to my desk and put it all together. Then I walk some of them over to the count and pour station and count the drugs and then the others I walk over to the lab for the lab to make them. Then I walk down front to ring up a patient on the cash register then I walk back to my desk and start over.

I drank 10 8oz glasses of water today and only had part of 1 soda and yes it is sitting next to my bed for me to drink during the night. I will have to work on the water at night. I like the taste and carbonation of the soda.

I am enjoying the time with Mike. I can't wait til his arm is better and we can go places and do things. We are talking about Vegas in March but not sure I can afford to go. He has to be able to work to make money to afford to go himself. He goes for Nascar every year. If he can make enough extra to pay my plane fare I can go. I will have the spending money and food money on my own but not enough for airfare. I hate to have him pay for me but if he wants me to go that is the only way right now unless God sends me a bunch of money!

I am about to float way. I have gone to the bathroom 2 times while writing this LOL. I won't drink that much water tomorrow.

Have a good night all!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I signed up for this site today and I just wanted to say I think this thread is a super idea! I can't wait to participate :)))

Welcome!!! Feel free to jump in wherever :0) :drinker:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Welcome Endeesix. We are quite the group here.

Thanks Shawnalee for the nice things you said. I am a pharmacy technician. ( legal drug dealer) for a compounding pharmacy in Kent WA. I've been a technician for 12 yrs since my divorce. I was basically saying that I sit on a stool and process a run of 10-15 prescriptions then I get up and walk to the printer to get all of my paperwork, then walk back to my desk and put it all together. Then I walk some of them over to the count and pour station and count the drugs and then the others I walk over to the lab for the lab to make them. Then I walk down front to ring up a patient on the cash register then I walk back to my desk and start over.

I drank 10 8oz glasses of water today and only had part of 1 soda and yes it is sitting next to my bed for me to drink during the night. I will have to work on the water at night. I like the taste and carbonation of the soda.

I am enjoying the time with Mike. I can't wait til his arm is better and we can go places and do things. We are talking about Vegas in March but not sure I can afford to go. He has to be able to work to make money to afford to go himself. He goes for Nascar every year. If he can make enough extra to pay my plane fare I can go. I will have the spending money and food money on my own but not enough for airfare. I hate to have him pay for me but if he wants me to go that is the only way right now unless God sends me a bunch of money!

I am about to float way. I have gone to the bathroom 2 times while writing this LOL. I won't drink that much water tomorrow.

Have a good night all!
    hehe I pee a lot in the evening too. But your body will get used to it. Keep up the water, so good for you. :-D
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

OMG...I am SO jazzed about the POP revolution, and I mean dropping the sodas and going for pure clean water! You got the message and I'm soooooooo happy! Pee??? He he he he...you're cleaning the pipes baby.

My day was busy, and mostly on my patoos, I have two desks, one at the Police Department and another; the Court desk (really small town so we tend to double or triple duty) and I hopped from one to the other all day...sorta like Deb!

Speaking of which...WOW DEB, fitting into smaller jammies???? And silky ones to boot???? I'm sayin' nothing further but lucky Mike.

Oh man, Cyndi, have fun with the horses. Living in E. Washington it ain't a home without horses...but living in town, we're lucky to have chickens! ENJOY the ride (the four legged kind)!

Endeesix, sick around...this is one group worth getting to know.

MMMM Emma, there's nothing better than a well cooked chicken breast...I don't care what crumbles are sprinkled on it. But cashews??? Can't be beat. My DH gets mixed nuts for his "snacks" and I'm always picking out the cashews and storing them (like a squirrel) for myself...Ü. At this time, there is nothing wrong with having the library as your significant other. TRUST ME!!!!!

Good for you too, Kelly getting off the Soda. You have a very busy job...just what, exactly do you do?

Hi Shawna...you're a wonderful cheerleader...and a wonderful inspiration!

Off to bed. My new hours start tomorrow, but I still want to get up at the earlier hour and hopefully get in a ½ hour of Wii time. Can't seem to get it in after work, so I'm going for mornings. See ya tomorrow...

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Why does milk have so many calories? "sigh"

Today is going pretty well. My mom and I made a new chicken cashew stir fry which was delicious and only 352 calories! And I love dishes I don't have to use a knife with and are very easy to measure. Love!
    Anyways, I think I"ll have a little room left for some no fat rice pudding. One of my favorite desserts.
    School is okay, I've got a paper due on thursday that I've been putting off. It's definitely not helping my anxiety so I'm going to try and get it done tonight. Plus I'm getting behind in my readings. And I feel like I"m living under a rock. I haven't seen any of my friends for weeks! The library is my significant other! Oh well, reading break is soon "cross my fingers" I'll make it untill then.

pawprint: good job on the pop!!! I gave up caffine in July and I know those headaches well, not to bring you down but they still get me. Water helps, or half-caf beverages, but huge kudos to you and your strength!!

Deb: There is nothing better than having clothes that used to be to small fitting again. Good for you and I can't wait till I can say the same. I've got two pairs of jeans staring me down as I type.

Losingit4good: Ugh doctors! lol I just got my monthly blood work done, so I know the feeling. If it's not one thing it's the other. Hang in there! And remember we are here for you, but zumba is forever! lol

Thanks for posting so much today everyone! We are doing so well!

I'm a huge milk drinker and I had to switch to skim because of the fat content and the calories... plus anything other then skim and 1 percent makes me sick.

I've gone months....almost the whole summer last summer with out pop and I still had the headaches. The Dr said that it was because of the addiction. But, I'm working on it. Thanks :)