T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options

Replies

• CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty ...I weigh about 3 times a day LOL I'll see if I can eat 1400 a day. I am full off what I have been eating and I'm eating good stuff.

Deb
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Up your calories to 1400 BUT only weigh in the morning! You will automatically weigh more at night... that's normal... so don't even bother cuz you won't lose weight by the PM lol. 1400 and morning only! That is my challenge for you! :-D
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

So, i had a rough weekend with eating too much :( (damn you delicious fresh made carne asada with homemade guacamole and chips *drools*) But, i exercised all weekend so hoping to have a maintenance week *crosses fingers*

vikalyn: OH, i've never tried it with hot water! maybe thats the difference with its effects??? Well, the peppermint tea was not as succesful as i had hoped. So, in desparation i went to the grocery store and found a tea by the company called "Traditional Medicinals" Organic Smooth Move Tea. It calims to be a Herbal Stimulant Laxative. Now, i choose this because i had read that fennel helps with bloating and this was the only tea at the store that had that ingredient. I tried it last night and OMG! I feel SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better today. Yay! I'm still gassy though. But, the box says to only drink it when its necessary.

I live in San Diego, So we hike in our wannabe trails/mountains. Haha, i heard there is a beautiful hike by the beach. I plan on doing that one soon. :)

CrazybeeRX: Oh my goodness, i cant beleive your full after an approx 1k cal intake. I so wish i could get full that easily. Well, i used to when i was working out for 40 min 3x a week. Ever since i increased my workouts to 6x a week for 6omin. i've been like a hungry hungry hippo. I'm hungry all the time!

LosingIt4good: Yeah, my hubby hates all the gas! haha, its the worst after you eaten eggs though!

Oh, and i am SOOOOO guilty of weighing myself everyday. BUT! I have a reason, its actually what keeps me motivated to go to the gym. If i dont weight myself... then "ignorance is a bliss" and i stop going. Until its too late and i slowly stop going to the gym.
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

WOW, I love love love all the support you give here. Deb, I think your 240 wall is the same as my 200 wall. You literally SLAM into it like a sled on an icy hill and WHAM you stop and stumble back. You can't chip away at that wall effectively with a trowel (1000 calories) you need a SNOW SHOVEL (14-1500 calories). I know it's a hard concept to grab onto, but I'm with Cindy and Shan. Put away that D#^%n scale and take in some calories! I was happy to see you take a walk...that's terrific! AND I'm jealous. It's so icy here, walking to work could be an L&I claim.

Shan...six hour hike???? OMG it hurts thinking about it. We have a wonderful hike up Goat Peak, to the USFS Lookout that is about 3 hours (straight up hill both ways, I'm told), but the view is well worth the effort. It a 360° view of the whole Methow Valley!

Cindy...still don't know what the Zumba dance is. My DH is like yours...the shorter the hike the better. We rode our motorcycles to Rainy Lake trail a couple of summers ago (a really nice PAVED one mile hike) and we weren't into it 1/4 mile and he was claiming we walked two miles already. What a whiner!

Blue...oh yeah, I've used the Smooth Move tea before! Quite wonderful when you're in a "bind"! Yes, DO NOT over do. When I first started a high fiber diet I had the farts sooooo bad. I would make excuses to run errands outside the office and drag my high heels on the sidewalk to disguise the pop pops as I headed to the office supply store, or post office, or bank! After a bit my body got used to the new higher fiber levels. Your carne asada with guac and chips sounds like the perfect Superbowl dish. Might have to keep that in mind. I love San Diego. It has the most perfect weather in all the nation, I believe!

OBTW...being hungry all the time, with all those workouts...means your metabolism is reved. THAT is a blessing...enjoy! Those calories you eat will burn even when you're in your recliner!

Time for bed...

Happy Losing....Vick....*Ü*
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    OK..So I gotta vent and I hope you guys dont mind, but I think you guys might know what to say to help me through this...

Hubby has this annoying habit of weighing every day, but its because he's expecting a miracle. He needs to drop some serious weight, but his attitude is... "well you feed me" and Its so dang frustrating!!! I will make him good, healthy stuff and he wont listen when I tell him "it might be healthy, but too much is still too much so watch how MUCH of it you eat." It ticks me off and I finally just got to the point where Im like "if you shove it in your mouth, dont ***** and complain that you are SOOO FULLL later when you have to unbutton your pants." I've tried making smaller meals and smaller portions, but 2 hours after dinner, he's in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal or making a bagel. Then the next morning... on the scale... "wow I gained 4 pounds last night"... then the next day.. "yay!! I lost 2 pounds"... then the next... "crap Im up a pound again... I dont understand!!"

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wanna slap the crap out of him sometimes!!!!! I mean SERIOUSLY... pick a day.. do what you can do! Don't expect the miracle weight loss fairy to wave her wand! Its not gonna happen until YOU make it happen! Ive tried getting him to log his food just so he can see what he's eating, but he says its "too much work"

The other day I had had enough. He started complaining about his back hurting and how "he should go see the chiropractor again".... I told him to get off his *kitten* and get on the treadmill. Sorry if that seams mean, but it was what he needed. He did get on it for about 30 minutes and said it felt a ton better, then the next day did it again, no pain...but until I say something, he just doesnt think about it. He wont go for walks with me because I "Walk too fast" and even if I do manage to get him outside, he'll go maybe a 1/2 mile before he says he needs a break.

Seriously... I need some help here. He is driving me mad!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I agree, great support here! :) someone friend me dang it! ;)
    hey did that site work that I posted earlier? btw over 1000 calories burned today! Don't worry, I ate 1800! Lol
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    The same concepts with children, work for men. No joke! Talk about your successes and what and why it's working for you. Make a list for the fridge so he can see you record the good example. Make it a sharing of info instead of a telling him. Nonchalant lik. If it's too obvious it will be accepted as directions..but if he thinks it's his idea he will take pride in little things. That or challenge him to a different goal each day, lots of water, so many fruits and veggies, a mile walk, anything small. Start with one, build up some pride for motivation. Or! A competition between the 2 of you! When in all actuality if he tries he would win....but he doesn't need to know that. Lol
    Just a couple ideas. Again if it works with kids it will work on a stubborn man! You just need to make it subtle lol
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Okay, Cindi...WHAT is Zumba? Isn't that a little machine whereyou push a button and it vacuums your room?

ROFL... yeah, thats one kind of Zumba. The other kind, that I was referring to is a type of exercise not associated with cleaning.

ZUmba is a dance workout. Its high energy salsa and latin dance music mixed with some hiphop. I have a friend that has lost a TON of weight and loves Zumba. His wife asked last week on Facebook if anyone wanted to go, but they had something come up and didnt go themselves. I was bummed because I thought it would be fun to try something new. So, this week another friend invited me to go to a free class with her so I jumped at the opportunity.

Now, Im no dancer! I have no coordination skills when it comes to dancing.. LOL but this was FUN! Nobody cared that I was tripping over my own feet and my friend and I were laughing our abs off trying to keep up. Everyone was going so fast they didnt have time to care. It was like being at a night club, dancing it up and partying.. only the only thing available to drink was water! :drinker: I had a blast and I definitely felt it later. I'd say that it will get easier once you learn the moves and stuff. My legs, abs, butt and arms all felt it so I know I got a great workout but it was a GOOD feeling. A little motrin a few hours later and I was good to go.

Oh.. and I slept like a baby for the first time in over a MONTH last night. So will definitely be going again..... :wink:
  • kelseyleigh30
    Options
    Hello everyone. You guys are hard to keep up with on this thread. Man you guys can write ;). I think I might need to try upping my calories as well. I am holding at the same weight this week. I have never really eaten my exercise calories and with all the burning I have been doing lately with Zumba 4 days a week, I think I should eat more calories on those days. It is just a scary thought...eat more to lose weight. My head doesn't want to believe it. After my weigh-in on Friday, I think I will adjust my calories for two weeks as well and see if that makes a difference.

Cindi- I am glad you liked Zumba. Are you going to continue to go? I have lost the last 15 of my lbs with Zumba, but have noticed a bigger difference in the fit of my clothes.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

I think I'd rather have the vacuum...:laugh: I used to love those dancing routines (anybody remember Jazzersize?). I think I was on a chorus line in a previous life...love watching used to love doing. Holy Cow...I'd probably kill myself now.

I had an okay day...nothing exciting. Did good eating, and resisted the chocolate bar run one of my co-workers did for everyone else. Too soon after my brownie. I introduced another co-worker to this site...maybe we'll see her here!

I hurt my foot at yoga the other day. I think I over stretched and pulled a tendon. Hurts from the heel to the ball of my foot with almost every step I take. DARN, my left knee is wobbly (hip out of kilter), now my right foot. I might have to force myself to do push up or something :noway:

Off to do some reading. Trying to design a sign ordinance for the town. We don't have one, so we're plagiarizing from several towns in our area. LOTS of fun..:ohwell:

Happy Losing!....vicki...*Ü*
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all. I've been here lurking and reading but didn't have much to say. I've managed to log my for for 20 days YIPPEE. Last night was a bit hard to log cause I ate dinner out. So I just guessed the best I could I had a taco salad. So I logged lettuce, cheese and chicken and sour cream. I just picked a large amount of each so I would be close to what I really ate. I hope I was close enough.

Mike is coming to stay for a few days so I might not post much but I will still log. So if you don't hear from me I am ok. I might not weigh in til I can do it in private LOL

Where are all our girls??? Only the same handful keep posting. Do we need to get the slipper out and beat them into talking to us?

You all are doing great on your exercise. I've managed to walk all week at work. I tell you my shins hurt yesterday when walking but I made it. I wanted so bad to call my son and say come get me and take me back to work LOL. He works on the street I walk on. It isn't that far of a walk so I don't understand why they hurt so bad. But I hope it doesn't rain today so I can walk again.

I need to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day, and rest of the week.

Deb
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy...Gal(s),

Looks like it's just you and me, Deb. Sounds like you've got shin splints. I got them often in High School when I was active in gymnastics. They are painful. What's happening is your shin muscles are pulling away from your bones; you might try wrapping your shins and calves bandages before a walk. I'll look silly, but feel sooooo much better. No phone calls to the son, anyway....Ü

My day today was okay, like yesterday. I got bored with the idea of fixing dinner, so I left it up to DH and he threw some tortilla chips on a plate with salsa and cheese...I called it good. It WAS good. I'm so careful at measuring...I can't even begin to account for my dinner so I left it blank.

Clothes are out for tomorrow's day...gotta make the coffee. See ya tomorrow,

Happy losing.....Vicki....*Ü*
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Im here... not sure where everyone else dropped off too. I'll post a thing to facebook tomorrow asking where the heck they went. Not everyone is chatty tho.

Kalt.... I do love Zumba and the cool thing is, my oldest wants to get into doing it also and asked me to make a commitment to every Tuesday evening for Zumba Class because thats when she has nothing going on with the boyfriend or college. I think for now, 1 day a week is about all i should do. Ive been having issues with the muscles in my back and my hip muscles hurting and Im afraid of overdoing it and ending up flat on my back. Not sure whats up with that but Im gonna make a Dr apt tomorrow and get it checked out. Its the same kind of pain I get just before aunt flo visits, but shes been gone for a week and its still hanging out. Not sure what to make of it so for now Im taking it easy on the Zumba to 1 day a week.

Unfortunately, the 1 day of Zumba and about 2 hours or riding my motorcycle is about all the exercise Ive gotten this week. Wanted to do more, but had too much happening and with the muscle spasm's its been hard to get moving. Motrin helps for a little while, but when it wears off I feel like an old woman. Tomorrow Im gonna do some yoga in the morning at home to see if the stretching will help a bit. Hopefully it will!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I am here just busy busy. ;) off day today but feeling great about tomorrow. Night guys!
  • Bluedimplett
    Options
    My day today was okay, like yesterday. I got bored with the idea of fixing dinner, so I left it up to DH and he threw some tortilla chips on a plate with salsa and cheese...I called it good. It WAS good. I'm so careful at measuring...I can't even begin to account for my dinner so I left it blank.

Lol, im the same way too about te measuring business.

Oh, and i am here. Barely making it through everyday with all the work at work. looking forward to february already.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    2am... I just finished my menu plan for the next 7 days. All meals and snacks and got up through Tuesday of next week entered onto MFP so I can easily adjust from there if needed. So far the menu has evened out pretty well with the nutritional goals I set, so thats a relief. Its getting easier to figure it out. Wanted to get it done so I can do some surfing for deals on stuff that I need which isnt much...groceries this week might cost me a whole $20.. LOL Also, I need the accountability, so Im turning my food log back to public if any one is interested. :0)
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Its weigh in day!! :wink:

Losingit4good: Sw 223.4/ CW 223.4/ GW 200= No loss/gain for this week

This next week is gonna be good for me. Meals all planned out and exercise regime planned as well.
    Looking forward to seeing results from the rest of T.H.E. Team for this week!! :drinker:
  • Bluedimplett
    Options
    Dang, no has posted their weigh in! Where are you all hiding???

bluedimplett: SW 202.1 /CW 202.2 /GW 145 = i gained 1lb, the same pound i had lost the week before.

I'm trying really hard to no be upset over the weight gain. Thank goodness i track my weight loss in other ways. So, i normally check my body percent once a month, but this was a bit of an emergency, i needed to check to stay calm. Last time i checked body fat was 1/8/11, since then i've dropped 1%, yay! :)
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

bluedimplett: SW 202.1 /CW 202.2 /GW 145 = i gained 1lb, the same pound i had lost the week before
    vikalyn SW 232==CW 228==GW 150 = another pound gone forever

I'm wiped...I love the holiday weekends, but Boy Howdy they make the work week short! I was on my feet alllll day today and my upper thighs, in front, HURT!. About today's weigh in...Nine pounds since I "officially" started in September. Wore my pink jeans for the first time in...pffft, I don't know how long. They zipped up easily, and then I remembered how uncomfortable they have ALWAYS been. In the garbage they go (I'd take them to the thrift store but they have paint stains).

Good for you, Blue to use other measures for your success. The scale isn't the Be All End All measurement toward our goals.

I LOVE planning our menus, Cindi. It makes shopping easy, and a no brainer when I get home from work. I go off the plan about once a week, but that's the Aries in me...always impulsive (yet still in control).

Nice of you to drop by, Shan. Can't wait to here what you've been up to.

And Deb...we want DETAILS! Tell us all when you can..:love: Just remember...you are MOST important...and WE want you happy.

Gotta get to bed. I need some serious zzzzzz time.

Happy Losing....Vicki....Ü
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    bluedimplett: SW 202.1 /CW 202.2 /GW 145 = i gained 1lb, the same pound i had lost the week before
    vikalyn SW 232==CW 228==GW 150 = another pound gone forever
    egam SW 210 CW 200 GW 180 = 1 lb loss

Yay! That is surprising because I was not very committed last week. We have a bunch of junk in my house right now and no one seems to understand how hard that is for me. But, this is just a convenient excuse for me to give in to my desires. I am now CHOOSING to look at it as a exercise in will power.
    Oh and new goal. I want to be 194 lbs by Valentines day. That is where I was before the holidays and the lowest I've been since my nervous breakdown in high school.
    Also just so everyone knows, I will be weighing in on either saturdays or sundays. Friday doesn't really work for me, mentally. I find it harder to stay motivated on the weekends so if I know I have a weigh in, it helps me stay on track.

Deb- I get shin splints when I run if I don't use proper technique. You might want to look up some videos or articles on proper walking technique. For example, I like to run on my toes so when I'm running I have to think about striking with the middle of my foot, if I don't want to be in agony for the next 3 days. Just a though. I hope that helps you because shin splints are the purest form of evil! And I hope everything went as well as it could with Mike. Hang in there!

All my love to all of you!