T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Deb! Always remember that if you call it a diet and expect a quick fix, it will go back on just the same. We are here to make life changes and be healthy. 1.5lb down is an amazing accomplishment! You should be very proud. :) making healthy choices and moving more is not instant weight loss, it is a healthy change that is gradual and that is the best way for your body. 1200 is pretty low, if you start to feel hungry A LOT and if you start to plateau obnoxiously I would actually suggest you eat more. but if it continues to work, that's wonderful! Food is fuel. At 190 I actually eat 1500/day and I am thinking that might not be enough for me although I am never hungry. our bodies change and it is a learning process. Congratulations on your weigh loss!!! :)
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    thanks Shanally. I am allowed 1510 calories a day but somehow at the end of the day I've only eaten 1100-1250 a day. I don't feel hungry so I am ok there. The last time I was on MFP I somehow lost like 5lbs a week for the first 2 or 3 weeks and I ate the whole 1500 calories. I guess I expected more loss since I was eating less. I just want instant gratification I guess. I had also dipped down under 240 for one day last week after weigh-in and I was so happy about that then it went right back up two lbs and then I had to lose that to get my 1.5 lbs gone. I was just disappointed. I'll get my act together and stop feeing sorry for myself soon.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Sometimes weighing ONLY on weigh in day helps... then you wouldn't have even known about the dip and you would feel more accomplished and accepting of your 1.5, which IS amazing! I dunno if you read my post above but I am in a slump... a slump for no good reason! lol I will NOT try some fad and I will NOT expect quick results. My main focus now is eating quality nutrient dense food and staying within a reasonable amount of calories and kicking my *kitten* 4-5 days a week! lol I will get through this plateau, I know... just frustrating to try so hard and do it all "right" and get nada. I suppose my pants are fitting better and that is great.... but AGH! ;)
    Be proud of your accomplishments!
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Been having a decent weekend. I've gotten some much needed sleep. Still feeling bloated and gassy and now cramps (aunt flow already came) I went on a small hike yesterday and i being a clutz hit my left leg with some wood so i got a bruise now :( but, it wont stop me from going on a hike today :)

vikalyn: I have been drinking between 8-10 cups of water with no luck. Ive added some lemon but maybe i'm not adding enough? I'm gonna drink some peppermint tea to see if that helps.
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Blue...peppermint tea...yum! It won't hurt. When I did one diet program they required hot water with 2 Tbs of pure lemon juice every morning. I have to say...it IDID work...the hot lemon drink that is. Well, so did the diet. I just didn't take the maintenance program too seriously. Where do you do your hiking? I used to LOVE hiking. Tell us what you see; animals, mountains, trees, wildflowers! I'm not sure where you live so if you're further south from the Pacific Northwest, you could see ANYTHING!

I have to agree with Shan, Deb. You need to consume your calorie allotment. Eat too little and the ol' bod puts on the brakes. BTW, you were asking about my wrap...I had it for lunch today. Check out my daily menu and see what your think. It's a wonderful lunch! Feels like I'm cheating.

Another football weekend. I really didn't pay too much attention to any of them...even the Seahawks game. The house needed some serious dusting. I don't know HOW a house can get so dusty when it's surrounded with snow! When I opened the spare room I smelled...wet. The hot water heater in the closet was leaking for God know how long and we had to scramble to fix it. Fortunately it wasn't a BIG leak and we clamped it off without having to chip away at the ice in front of the outside door that gets us to the water shut-off. We REALLY need to change that water shut-off situation. So anyway, not a lot of damage...the carpet in the closet was pretty wet, but it didn't creep too far in to the bedroom. DANG...I really hate the carpet in that room.

About time for Desperate Housewives...day off tomorrow...see ya then.

Happy Losing....vick...*Ü*
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Vik! There are some AMAZING hikes in Washington and you can see anything! hehe We are actually taking a 4 day weekend to hike and spend some time on the beach on the Olympic peninsula in June! We are really looking forward to it. I LOVE hiking in The Mt Rainier National Park and anywhere around there... Camping trip to Rainier planned for July! :-D And we usually do some close by hikes in the cascades and throughout the area. The outdoors are an amazing medicine. :-D We are saving up to buy me a Kayak this spring actually. So I don't have to rent one! And once the sun comes out.... I will hit the seat of my mt bike again! haha
    This area is endless!
    What are some of your guys' hobbies? I also love to draw and shop haha
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Shawnalee / SW=249 / GW=165/ CW= 191
    Painten -sw - 301 now 293 -3lbs
    losingweight4me : sw201.8/gw170/cw193.2 -2.4poundloss
    dleanne SW 138/GW 124/ CW 138- no loss
    kaltgelt SW 240.8/GW 175/CW 238.8- 2 lb loss this week
    VialOfDreams SW=217/SW on MFP=128/CW=123.8/DW:117
    Jessifer123 SW 203/GW 150/CW 197 -3.5 lbs. this week
    Crazybee sw 272 gw 175 cw 240 =loss 1.5lbs this week
    Losingit4good SW 225.7/ GW 200 / CW 223.9- Loss 1.8lbs this week

Sorry I didnt check in sooner. That is my weight as of Friday. :0)

Had a very busy weekend. Coupon shopping saturday & bunco saturday night, then sunday I had more shopping to do and had a coupon class to teach, so I didnt have a chance to get here last night and post.

Phone died yesterday 1/2 way through the day, so I couldnt even log on the run, but I know I was under.

I gotta go back and catch up on the posts and will post again!

Nice job on the losses this week ladies!! Lets keep things moving through this week and see what Friday brings us!

My new personal "challenge" today was finally making it to a Zumba dance class for the first time. Been wanting to go for a while and there was a free class offered downtown, so my friend Amy called me this morning and I met her there. I worked up an awesome sweat and had a LOT of fun, even tho I felt like an uncoordinated fool the whole time!! hahahaha!! Im definitely going back. Nobody cared that I didnt know what I was doing, and Im sure once I learn it, it will be a piece of cake and even more fun. According to my HRM, i burned a whopping 856 calories in 1 hour.... YOWZA!! And, Im really not tired.. it was more fun than I thought it would be and ya dont even really feel like your exercising. Its more like going to a big party! So, for this week, Im gonna try to get there at least 2 more times before Friday. :0)
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Shawnalee / SW=249 / GW=165/ CW= 191
    Painten -sw - 301 now 293 -3lbs
    losingweight4me : sw201.8/gw170/cw193.2 -2.4poundloss
    dleanne SW 138/GW 124/ CW 138- no loss
    kaltgelt SW 240.8/GW 175/CW 238.8- 2 lb loss this week
    VialOfDreams SW=217/SW on MFP=128/CW=123.8/DW:117
    Jessifer123 SW 203/GW 150/CW 197 -3.5 lbs. this week
    Crazybee sw 272 gw 175 cw 240 =loss 1.5lbs this week
    Losingit4good SW 225.7/ GW 200 / CW 223.9- Loss 1.8lbs this week
    pawprint- SW=168, GW=115, CW=130 No loss, just maintaining.

Hey y'all. So it's been about a month since I've actually checked in. I'm doing great. No gain, and no loss. I'm only maintaining. Starting here soon, I'll be upping my game and hopefully start losing again. I just wanted to make sure that I could maintain my lifestyle. I am so far. So I think I'll see if I can lose some more.

Starting to eat more veggies. It's hard, but we do eat them. We only get maybe 4 meals worth though for a week. That's about all I can take, plus it's all we can afford. We're going to try some bean soups this month. Should be interesting. I'm still pretty active. Not cardio wise anymore >( But I'm still moving like crazy at my new job. I'm up at 5am and I don't get home until 4pm.. by the time I get dinner, laundry, or cleaning depending on what day it is, April in the bath tub and in bed and myself in the bath and in bed lol it's almost 11 on some nights. That doesn't even include taking the dog out to just pee lol. Ok...off to make dinner.
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Hello all!

Today on my morning break and again on my afternoon break I WALKED!! I just walked from my work to the next main light and back. Almost a mile. I will drive it tomorrow and see how far it really is. But it was nice to get out even though it was cold and windy. It gave me more energy to get through the day. I burned about 160 calories I guess. Now my problem. I was having a hard time eating 1500 calories a day ( I've been eating about 1200) and now I have EXTRA calories I can eat. What am I going to do. If you look at my food diary you can see I am not starving at all. I was really hungry when I came home so I made a huge salad...about 3 cups of lettuce with lots of goodies in it and it barely made 180 calories. I am now cooking a chicken breast but I really feel pretty full. BUt if I don't eat the chicken breast I will have over 800 calories left. Never thought I'd have trouble eating LOL.

Kelly it's wonderful that you are able to maintain. That is so great. I only kept part of the weight of I lost the last time I was on here. But at least I didn't gain it all back. I am about 2.5 lbs from being back to that weight loss and then I can start on the new weight loss.

Cyndi I heard Zumba was fun. I don't think I would be able to do it but it would be fun.

Shanally are you in Washington state too? I'm in Des Moines WA. I don't really have any hobbies but I love to bowl and to karaoke.

Vial: how are you doing? haven't heard much from you

Losing4me: how are you. You're kinda quiet too. congrats on your weight loss.

Jessifer awesome loss this week!

Gonna go eat my chicken breast but I will still have 600 or so calories left. Take care.

Deb
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Hello all!

Today on my morning break and again on my afternoon break I WALKED!! I just walked from my work to the next main light and back. Almost a mile. I will drive it tomorrow and see how far it really is. But it was nice to get out even though it was cold and windy. It gave me more energy to get through the day. I burned about 160 calories I guess. Now my problem. I was having a hard time eating 1500 calories a day ( I've been eating about 1200) and now I have EXTRA calories I can eat. What am I going to do. If you look at my food diary you can see I am not starving at all. I was really hungry when I came home so I made a huge salad...about 3 cups of lettuce with lots of goodies in it and it barely made 180 calories. I am now cooking a chicken breast but I really feel pretty full. BUt if I don't eat the chicken breast I will have over 800 calories left. Never thought I'd have trouble eating LOL.

Kelly it's wonderful that you are able to maintain. That is so great. I only kept part of the weight of I lost the last time I was on here. But at least I didn't gain it all back. I am about 2.5 lbs from being back to that weight loss and then I can start on the new weight loss.

Cyndi I heard Zumba was fun. I don't think I would be able to do it but it would be fun.

Shanally are you in Washington state too? I'm in Des Moines WA. I don't really have any hobbies but I love to bowl and to karaoke.

Vial: how are you doing? haven't heard much from you

Losing4me: how are you. You're kinda quiet too. congrats on your weight loss.

Jessifer awesome loss this week!

Gonna go eat my chicken breast but I will still have 600 or so calories left. Take care.

Deb
    I sure am! We live just up the hill from the MIll Creek Town center... so Lynnwood, WA! :-D
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    I looked back over the 17 days I logged food and only 3 times did I eat over 1200 calories. Is that why I am not losing my body thinks I am starving it? This is crazy!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I looked back over the 17 days I logged food and only 3 times did I eat over 1200 calories. Is that why I am not losing my body thinks I am starving it? This is crazy!
    It absolutely could be!! Get in lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, protein in dairy, legumes, nuts, eggs and meats (if not vegan)... Mix it up. Have fun with it! Think of REAL food as a fuel for your metabolism. To give you an idea.... I am 190 and I eat 1500-1700 everyday! :-D
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

One thing I have learned in my dieting career is that it's not so much how MUCH you eat but WHAT you eat. Eating more of the RIGHT foods that are high in nutritious calories is way better than eating less of the WRONG foods that have little nutritional value for the amount of calories eaten. Example...I had a brownie today (I deserved it...15+ days with no sweets), and it has about the same calories as the sugar free applesauce I had for breakfast. See the difference? I will continue to eat the applesauce, but the brownie is reserved for special occasions only, even though there are only 15 calories difference. So, Deb. Find your calories on the nutritious side of the aisle.

These long weekends are great! I get so much done, and get more exercise than I do during my work week. We are having quite the January thaw and it's been a job keeping up with the slush and shoveling it off our driveway and walkway. Just as we get it done..WHAM, the roof slides a bunch more snow and back to dancing with the shovels we go!

Shan...I didn't know you lived in Wa! I'm on the east side of the mountains and I have to say....I think our hiking trails rival many of yours. Although, I haven't been on too many of them laately...it's pretty much word of mouth...Ü I have snowmobiled many of them! Does that count????? Until I get rid of some of this weight hikes like that are out of the question...and X-country skiing will NEVER happen. But then...never say never.

Okay, Cindi...WHAT is Zumba? Isn't that a little machine whereyou push a button and it vacuums your room?

I'm gone...see ya tomorrow...

Happy Losing....Vicki....*Ü*
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Shawnalee- Welcome aboard! I too like my gym but tend to drop off the radar during the summer in terms of going. Im more of an outdoors person when the weather cooperates, so I do alot of walking, hiking, motorcycle riding ect. :0) As for your post about being frustrated.... KEEP DOING WHAT YOU ARE DOING. Stop stressing about it. Your body will adjust once it figures out that you are going to keep torturing it with exercise until it gives in. DONT give up. I think you are doing awesome on the food, drinks and exercise so just relax and enjoy your workouts... continue eating right and doing what you can.....the weight loss will happen! I've been stuck for a while myself, but I know Im doing what I can, so thats just gotta be good enough. When it wants to get skinny, it will.. LOL :0)... of course I'd prefer it to be sooner, than later also!! haha!
    Also, Im in Vancouver, WA... to the south :0)

Painten! Congrats on the 3lbs lost!! keep it up!! you are doing amaaaazing!!!

Pawprint...Isnt it wierd how breakfast does that? Im the same way! I can go until like 2pm before I feel hungry, but if I eat breakfast, its a whole different story. Im not a breakfast person, so I have to MAKE myself have something besides coffee. Ive been doing pretty good lately. Lots of Cheerios, Frosted Mini Wheats and easy breakfast sandwhiches. If I eat, Im starving within about 3 hours also! Another reason why sleeping in late, screws me up.

dleanne- Yah.. I hear ya girl on the no change thing. I know I checked in an said that I lost 1.8lbs but it was water weight, not fat. Last week I was PMSing and changed my ticker to my bloated weight... so this week I changed it back. Im determined tho... this weeks weigh in is gonna be my week!! :0)

Kalt- I did Zumba this morning for the first time ever. BOY... I am feeling my legs, butt and abs!! It was totally fun tho and Im gonna go again for sure, but wow.... I need motrin! haha!! I need to measure too.. thanks for the reminder!

Blue- Yes, body is adjusting. If you are eating alot of fiber, you will get gassy.. and if you are like me and also eat alot of protein, that gas will have everyone in your house running for cover! haha!! Protein farts are the worst!! at least mine are!! :sick:

Vikalyn- congrats on your loss! Hope you caught up on some zzzz's during your weekend! I was LMAO at your reference to the "e" word. I used to think the same thing but once I got going, I got hooked! Now if I could just convince my muscles that they are hooked too.. all would be good and I wouldnt have to live on Motrin.. haha!! And I like your last post about eating the "right" food vs the "wrong" food. Your body KNOWS the difference between them and eating healthy calories will actually keep you full longer and will keep the cravings down.

Vial- hey... I say a week of vacation and no gain is a BIG deal!!! Great job!!

Jessifer- Awww hope you feel better and are over your cold!! You are doing awesome... keep it up!

Ok... my body hurts. Zumba officially kicked my *kitten* today and my legs, back and abs hurt.. LOL I dont know if it was that, or that I came home and cleaned house afterwards and vacuumed everything, but Im off to take a motrin and drag my sorry butt up the stairs to bed. One thing good about me doing the hour of cardio today was I am actually tired and will probably go right to sleep, which will be a miracle since I havent been able to sleep well in over a week.

Night all!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Vicki Look at my food I am eating. I am eating well and about 1000 calories a day and I've gained weight this week so far!! This is the ****s!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    ha ha it starred out my naughty word...it was S....H....I.....T....S!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    ha ha it starred out my naughty word...it was S....H....I.....T....S!!
    Lmao!!! I literally laughed at this!!!! you guys are a nice bunch! deb, go 2 weeks at 1400 calories a day...i dare you!! ;) seriously! Try it!!

dude you haven't hiked till you have hiked in the rainier national park!!! Subbing I tell you!! And over 5000 ft above sea level, youch! ;) I will post my picasa link so you all can see our trip last summer...stunning!!!
    Thanks for all the support!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Lmao!!! I literally laughed at this!!!! you guys are a nice bunch! deb, go 2 weeks at 1400 calories a day...i dare you!! ;) seriously! Try it!!

I agree.... 1400 deb... I dare ya also!....my diary setting is at 1560 BEFORE exercise. The more healthy things you eat, the better your metabolism will react. This is why I get hungry within 3 hours of eating breakfast, but if I skip it..... I can go until 2-3pm until I actually feel hungry. I have to constantly remind myself to FEED my metabolism. I think 1000- 1200 is too low.
    dude you haven't hiked till you have hiked in the rainier national park!!! Subbing I tell you!! And over 5000 ft above sea level, youch! ;) I will post my picasa link so you all can see our trip last summer...stunning!!!
    Thanks for all the support!!!

Now that one I havent done yet, but this summer I really want too!!!! Id love to head up there when the weather is nicer and go for a long hike. Do you backpack it as a day trip or go for a few hours? I know its beautiful up there, Ive just never been able to find anyone who knows the area well enough to go with them. Hubby doesnt hike. He'll do short walks, but thats about it.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Oh and STOP WEIGHING IN EVERY DAY!...... NO scale until FRIDAY AM!! :drinker:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Who is weighing in everyday?! Mine is put AWAY till January 28th! Seriously! lol But I feel good about things right now and hopefully I will see some advancement toward my goal!!! :-D I am going to post that link to my picasa album....
    If you can find someone to go with you, DO IT. You won't regret it! There are SO many to choose from! We usually do short to 6 hour hikes. It just depends on where, when and the weather and such. We camp and then just take our hiking supplies to the trail head and go for it. Or we just drive to a closer one from home.

Let me know if that works.... Oh and don't mind our dorkiness! ;)
    http://picasaweb.google.com/Shanally1984/TripToRainierCamping02?authkey=Gv1sRgCPGqgrm4kraJWg&feat=directlink