The Zumba Crew - January

Options
14567810»

Replies

• iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Hey friends, it's February! Come join me on the new thread for some fun and motivation! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165548-the-zumba-crew-february
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    Just found this page and it makes me smile.
    I started taking Zumba at my workplace gym and love it.
    Turns out, I'm not a bad dancer!

Glad to hear that there are DVDs for home and for the Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will be a welcome addition to my home workouts to break up the monotony of the winter-time treadmill days.

Any specific DVD recommendations?????
  • maria011282
    Options
    We just bought the Wii game and played it for the first time on Saturday. I wasn't impressed with the "training" aspect as it seemed to have a glitch and jumped what I'm sure were some important steps, but the routines themselves were very fun and were a real workout for both me and my husband. We are very uncoordinated and have zero rhythm, so we must look really stupid, but we're moving around, getting our hearts pumping and after three times are starting to get the routines. I wish that they were a little longer (we're really winded after the 20 minutes but I feel like we should go longer to maximize the raised heart rates).

If we didn't look so ridiculous, I'd be looking for Zumba classes in Toronto!

I have the Zumba Wii and it is fun! I look forward to it everyday because I LOVE to dance and I don't really feel like I'm working out. When I temporarily hurt my back, I didn't get to do it for a week and I was devastated during the 1st day not being able to do it.

Anyways, I didn't really read this thread past the 2nd page so I don't know if you know this already: You have to do the classes sequentially in order to unlock the rest of the longer classes. I do the Zumbathon (the longest and final class, about 60 minutes) everyday and I'm dripping sweat. Too bad I haven't really controlled my eating habits to really see the full effects. I actually just started my diet yesterday because I knew I was going to pig out during the Super Bowl hehehe... Hopefully I'll lose weight soon.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :smile:
    I am so excited to have found this thread....yay!
    I just LOVE <3 ZUMBA!!! Just signed up for another 5 wk session & go 3 times/wk.
    Can't wait till tomorrow so I can go again...seems like I can't get enough lol

For those that have the Zumba dvd's~
    any suggestions of where to buy them & what dvd's are available?

I've been debating about getting myself a HRM to track how many calories actual burn
    any suggestions as to what kind to get?

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    glad to see you here! Come on over to our Feb. thread and join in! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165548-the-zumba-crew-february