The Zumba Crew - January

Options

Replies

• mia_1980
    mia_1980 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i think im addicted already. went to the hour zumba class. i am soo sore( singing my hps dont lie)
  • jjcollins83
    Options
    I love love love Zumba too! I've only gone twice, but it's the most fun ever. When I look at the clock I feel disappointed that time is passing instead of relieved like with most workouts. I can't imagine being bored with this. For all of you who are scared to go to a class, I have no rhythm or dancing ability but no one seems to care at all, they are having too much fun themselves. My instructor faces the mirror, which I like because I get mixed up if they do stuff opposite.

For you Zumba wii users, we have carpet in front of the TV with the wii, do you think I could still do the moves? My husband is excited, he calls it "exotic dancing". I told him he'll never ever see me zumba, I'd die of embaressment!

i hate doing it in front of my bf so i do it late at night when he is sleeping. but its a blast
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've gone 3 times this week and plan to go again on Saturday. It's just an addiction that I can't seem to shake, lol. My instructor makes it so much fun and always keeps us laughing.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    isn't it amazing how different instructors can be!? I have had some that were more fitness-y and some that were more dance-y. Both are great, I try to balance both in my class.

I am curious about what you like or don't like about your specific instructors. What makes the perfect class for you? I try to give plenty of cues, but some instructors don't give many at all. Do you all have favorite songs to dance to? I love Waka Waka!

Does your teacher face the class, or in the same direction as the class? beto faces his classes, but I prefer to face the mirror. What about you guys?
    I don't like the fitness-y type of instructors at all. I tried one class and she was just SO STIFF. Because I knew all the steps, I would stand in the front of the class and just go for it and tried not to follow her lead. That's one thing I don't like and also I don't like the instructors who forget the moves!! Like, WTF? We are following you!

As far as what I like, I like the instructors who give plenty of cues. My favorite instructor, Michelle, will explain to people who are attending the class for the first time what each cue means but she always stresses that it's not a must to keep up but just to have fun and keep moving. My second favorite instructor, Chloe, has TONS of energy and when I see her enjoying herself, bouncing around and smiling and stuff, that in turn makes me crank it up!

I prefer my instructors to face the class most of the time. I like when they face the class because it's interactive. I feel if they face the mirrors too much they don't want to interact with the class.

As far as songs go (I have a few lol), I love, love, love "Hips Don't Lie/Bamboo," "Que Te Pica," "Zumbalicious," "Arrasando," "Gasolina," "Get Low," "Zumba Te Suelta" and "Zumbando Por Un Sueño." Zumbando Por Un Sueño is my absolute favorite!
  • patricac
    patricac Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba!!! I go twice a week and love both of my instructors. I have so much fun in the classes.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I love when the instructors encourages us to make noise. Woop!
  • Madiann
    Madiann Posts: 177
    Options
    Bump, I'll introduce myself later.
  • kleeper80
    kleeper80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I got Zumba fitness for the Wii for Christmas and I LOVE it! I work for a company that has a full fitness center that we are allowed to use for free, and they had Zumba classes last year, but the instructor couldn't do it anymore, so now they don't! I'm hoping that they find another instructor SOON so that I can attend a live class.

I figure if I get pretty good at the Wii game, maybe I won't look like an idiot (as much) at a live class! :-) I'm so glad that there are so many others that love Zumba as much as I do!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I was running to my zumba class this morning when I got a call from the school nurse....:cry: I had to run out, but thank goodness for Zumba Wii :tongue: 'cause I got a great workout today anyhow!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello Zumbaholics, I have been doing Zumba for nearly a year now and Love :heart: Love :heart: Love it, I go to a class up to three times a week and I have also been thinking of buying the Zumba Fitness for the wii and from what you have said it sounds good :bigsmile: so do you recommend it?
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! My favorite instructor Lisa was great because she was more dance-y with her choreography which I liked. She also cued fairly frequently so you didn't feel like you missed something. She did face the mirror but she also talked to the class, had us make noise and we all felt like we were just dancing at a party rather than being in a workout studio. Even the first time I took it I was just smiling and having fun even though I didn't know all the steps. Fake it till you make it!
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Trying to get pumped about going tonight. I love the class, just feeling tired tonight lol and I know that class doesn't allow for a lot of lethergy. Hopefully I'll hit one of those workout 'highs' people talk about lol!
  • brittybee23
    brittybee23 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have to be apart of this crew!! I have Zumba wii and love it! and my real class is starting back up tonight with my favorite instructor, cassy! I bought an HRM last week, so I'm very curious what I'll burn tonight!! Happy Zumba-ing, everybody!!!
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    Hi I have been doing a Zumba class 2 times a week since September....Absolutely love love love Zumba.......So much fun and so much energy is in the room it just feels great....Have lost 28 lbs. Before I was vegging on the couch....until I found Zumba....Yay Zumba!!!!!
  • wendyfaye83
    Options
    i really want to sign up for a Sat morning Class but im kinda nervous. I dont want to be the only big person there........:(
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    i really want to sign up for a Sat morning Class but im kinda nervous. I dont want to be the only big person there........:(
    You definitely won't be! And don't let that, or anything, stop you from having a blast with a workout :bigsmile:
    Zumba is fabulous...esp, with a room full of people!
    How do you think they got down in #s?!

I say go for it...don't let anything discourage you...you're worth it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm sure the ladies would say the exact same thing :happy:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I agree! We have several larger women in our class and they all just LOVE it. They have already lost several pounds too! Please try it, you won't look back!
  • hooah_mj
    Options
    I'M Sooooo Excited :happy:

My gym is adding Zumba Aquatics!!! :tongue: :laugh: :tongue:
    Can't wait to try it this weekend :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Has anyone tried it before?
  • alisonnorth
    alisonnorth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Holla! i have been teaching Zumba 5-8x per week for the last 3+ years. it NEVER gets old! i log it as "Aerobics- High Impact" and according to my HRM i burn anywhere from 400-700 calories per class depending on how hard i work. i am new to MFP and i am loving it. i have never been consistent in logging calories, MFP has changed that and i am SO proud of myself!
  • alisonnorth
    alisonnorth Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i taught Aqua Zumba about a year ago- it's a tough workout- you will love it! have fun!