The Zumba Crew - January

Options

Replies

• KateWatchy
    Options
    I have just started Zumba and LOVE it!!!!! Anybody now how to put it in you exercise diary?
  • dap9697
    Options
    I did my weigh in and lost 3 lbs this week! I've been doing my Zumba every day and love the results. I already have a lot more energy. What is everyone's favorite type of dance? I love the Reggaeton and Flamenco.
  • drmblh98
    Options
    Ok please explain to me what HRM is...my brain is not registering that...I do Zumba videos in my home but never know how to log it in my diary...Can anyone help with that?
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Ok please explain to me what HRM is...my brain is not registering that...I do Zumba videos in my home but never know how to log it in my diary...Can anyone help with that?
    Hey there, HRM is referring to a Heart Rate Monitor. A handful of MFPers have gotten one to help keep more accurate track of how many calories they're burning when they exercise. It's a great one for Zumba since what people burn while doing it varies quite a bit.

And my favorite type of dance is the reggaeton and samba, reggaeton cuz thats when I get to breath for a minute lol
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I love ZUMBA! I'll be looking for classes soon since my hours will change. Tried it in Ohio and fell in love!
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    just started Zumba today. i am very uncoordinated... so im a little discouraged but im gonna try and stick with it

Stick with it. The first time I tired it I was kinda uncoordinated too but thats normal because you don't know the steps. Don't give up on it!
  • Corazon84
    Options
    I have one question. Is there any new Zumba videos. I would like to get more variety in my dvd collection of zumba. I have done it for a list for 4 month and I enjoy it.
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I bought the Zumba game for the Xbox 360 Kinect! I LOVE IT! I look forward to when i'm able to do it, which is pretty much everyday! =)
  • lynn12
    lynn12 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just started zumba wii on Sunday, it goes alittle fast ,I didn't think I had 2 left feet but after trying to learn the steps I know I have two left feet , it take some time to get the steps but will stick to it
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Quiero bailar Zumba!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, alot with the Wii or videos - am I the only one with the PS3 Move version?

The one thing I can say from doing both a couple of classes and the "game" is that classes totally kick your butt alot more! Or at least, the one I like to go to on the rare occasions that I can does. I can't move for days after! The game isn't quite that intense. At least, not yet.

PS3 has severel levels: 20 minute 1, 2, & 3 (beginner, Intermediate & expert - sometimes up to level 4), and 45 minutes and my guess is that there might be a 60 or 90 minute version as well that I haven't yet opened up (as a game, you have to pass all the levels before more will be available to use!).

I love the instructor a friend of mine found - she's *awesome* - the only downside is that where she holds class is about a 40-50 minute drive from me. :-( All other classes are extremely expensive. Otherwise, I'd be going as much as I possibly could manage. Which is why I got the PS3 Move bundle & Zumba for christmas. :-D
  • melbreehutch
    Options
    I just found this website so I am looking for support. I am very excited to try zumba for the first time. my class is in 2 hours. Any advice?
  • kittymacraw
    Options
    Hey there, Zumba junkie to as well have DVDS as well as go to Zumba classes...now I just have to
    cut my food intake...lol but love ZUMBA:love:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I'm with muth3rluvx2 in that the class seems to really kick my butt more than the dvd's & video games, but that doesn't mean those don't work. I just think that it is more likely that you will really do the moves harder in a class with an instructor to mimic.

melbreehutch - sorry I didn't see your message in time...how did class go?!

For those with coordination issues - stick with it, I PROMISE it gets easier as you get used to the steps, and then it just becomes an all-out BLAST!
  • chiccaroline
    chiccaroline Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just found this website so I am looking for support. I am very excited to try zumba for the first time. my class is in 2 hours. Any advice?

I'm probably too late to give you advice for your first class, but relax and just get into the swing of it. Don't worry about whether or not you're getting all the steps right straight away and most importantly, have fun!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    @ Corazon84
    I have one question. Is there any new Zumba videos. I would like to get more variety in my dvd collection of zumba. I have done it for a list for 4 month and I enjoy it.
    Barnes & Noble has a couple of interesting DVDs with titles like Latin Workout or Latin Dance Aerobics....the name Zumba is copyrighted....naturally, you can order Zumba Dance they're all over the Exercise channels...

Good Luck
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    My Zumba instructor cranked up her routine another notch today...wow, what a tremendous workout!
    I love that she uses several moves from the Zumba Wii...I almost look like I know what I'm doing :laugh: just gotta stay out of the mirror:tongue: boy is that scary!
  • jayandjay
    Options
    How do you log your Zumba exercise - I put mine under dance was that correct?
  • Sunny_Skies
    Options
    I love Zumba! I attend classes 2 days a week at my college rec center.

^I log my Zumba classes in as general aerobics....is that correct?
  • alw2007
    alw2007 Posts: 35
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing Sunny_Skies. I always log it as general aerobics, but is there something else it should be logged under?
  • ajinks7
    ajinks7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Quiero bailar Zumba!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, alot with the Wii or videos - am I the only one with the PS3 Move version?

The one thing I can say from doing both a couple of classes and the "game" is that classes totally kick your butt alot more! Or at least, the one I like to go to on the rare occasions that I can does. I can't move for days after! The game isn't quite that intense. At least, not yet.

PS3 has severel levels: 20 minute 1, 2, & 3 (beginner, Intermediate & expert - sometimes up to level 4), and 45 minutes and my guess is that there might be a 60 or 90 minute version as well that I haven't yet opened up (as a game, you have to pass all the levels before more will be available to use!).

I love the instructor a friend of mine found - she's *awesome* - the only downside is that where she holds class is about a 40-50 minute drive from me. :-( All other classes are extremely expensive. Otherwise, I'd be going as much as I possibly could manage. Which is why I got the PS3 Move bundle & Zumba for christmas. :-D