My Boyfriends dog is number one, I am number two.

Options

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    LOL after reading through this (and not realizing right away it was so old!) now i'm interested to see how the story ended!! or has it...?
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he's emotionally lazy, or inept. The dog loves him unconditionally, and your bf doesn't have anything to risk in his relationship with the dog. No problems to solve, no conflicts to deal with, etc. Your relationship is much more complicated, even when it is going well. The old path of least resistance thing. Is he much of a risk-taker?
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    LOL after reading through this (and not realizing right away it was so old!) now i'm interested to see how the story ended!! or has it...?
    She was never heard from again... :glasses: :noway: :laugh:
  • desgaun
    Options
    You sound jealous. Dogs are like our kids. If you don't understand that its not going to workout.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    You sound jealous. Dogs are like our kids. If you don't understand that its not going to workout.

Bellairs-The-Hand-of-the-Necromancer_web.jpg
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    wth? is this a zombie thread?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    This is like the guy who revived a year old fart thread. I was thinking he must've been searching "fart".
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR?!

WHO DOES NUMBER TWO WORK FOR?!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

You sure can unearth old bones. A skill mastered by female dogs, like the one in the OP's post.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Sounds.... ruff!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    He probably sees the dogs as "yours" and not just "his".

You should definitely talk to him and tell him that the dog is making you feel like the third wheel. If he loves you, he will apologize for making you feel that way and make more effort to make intimate time about you and him. If he calls you crazy, then I would have to say get a new boyfriend.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I really like my boyfriend, and I really love his dog.

Hmmmmmmm.... Isn't that what you're saying he does?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Damn you, troll!

I wish I had realized this was a two-year old thread before I responded.

And to you I just wanted to say...

REALLY?!? You let your kids come in your bedtime while you and daddy get it on??? Really??!?? :noway:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Bellairs-The-Hand-of-the-Necromancer_web.jpg

You did this, didn't you!?
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Mans best friend

pPgwlXB.gif
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Sounds weird. I wouldn't take it to "creepy" status unless your boyfriend stops mid-dirty-deed and whips out a jar of peanut butter.

But for real. Intervention time.
  • dbmata
    Options

Damn you, troll!

REALLY?!? You let your kids come in your bedtime while you and daddy get it on??? Really??!?? :noway:

Supah hot bro.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

Damn you, troll!

Atta girl...knew you'd get it!
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I really like my boyfriend, and I really love his dog. He adopted him after a few months into us dating. The dog is affectionate and adorable. I have grown rather attached to him. The actual problem is how this man lets the dog dominate his entire life, which is ruining our relationship. He cannot spend one night without it. We cannot go on trips where the dog cannot stay, and even if we do, we cannot stay long because we have to "get back" -- same with even short social gatherings. Moreover, he lets the dog sleep wherever it wants (in between us in his bed), and he insists that it is "cute" or "funny" that the dog seeks affection during and after we do the dirty. I can even count on one hand how many times we've been intimate without the dog in the room, which is now disgusting me as I write this. It has ruined the intimacy level in our relationship, since he believes that shutting the dog out of the bedroom is also cruel. He will often lie around kissing, stroking and petting the dog (even lying on the floor with it) in front of me while we spend time together, but refuses to give me the same affection (he was very loving at the start of our relationship, however). It is really slowly starting to upset me and may even drive me to a breaking point. I have said little things like - "I would like to lay next to my boyfriend" or, "I never sleep at your place with the dog in the bed". Nothing. Am I crazy and seeing things? Does he have a problem or do I? I'm smart enough to know that there's something wrong with this picture at this point and have been giving him the benefit of the doubt to come around due to his redeeming qualities, but on the same end I feel stupid for feeling this way, as if I am overreacting.

What kind of dog is it?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Mans best friend

pPgwlXB.gif

THIS IS EPIC.