Looking for other P90 Support

Options

Replies

• poorwayne
    Options
    I just got done my Sweat 1/2. I HATE THAT VIDEO. One good thing I didn't have to hit pause this time. :smile:
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    Mande, sorry to hear you've been struggling. Don't be embarrassed, but learn from your mistakes and move forward.
    Remember...don't think about whether you want to do the workouts or not...just get in the habit of putting on your workout clothes and pushing play! 30-45 minutes won't interfere with everything else. This is too important. Remember, by doing the workout, you'll feel better and enjoy everything else your doing. As far as eating, make sure your eating right so that you don't get these cravings. I try not to cheat at all...I've only had sweets a few times in my 50+ days because I know they will just cause more cravings. I find other healthy choices, and the cravings aren't usually a problem. Alcohol is simply a problem if you want to get healthy. It is just so counter-productive to everything your trying to accomplish. That will be tough for me later this month when I'm in Florida on business and free drinks will be flowing. I'll have a couple glasses of wine, but then that's it.

You can do this! Don't give in...find alternatives. We are here for you.
  • poorwayne
    Options
    Do you do any form of working out in the evening????

Anyone?

Yes I usually get home earlier than my wife, so I have a little time before dinner. The problem is when I have to work late, it pushed back dinner kind of late. I'm really a vegetable in the morning so I think this is my best option.
  • poorwayne
    Options
    Brent,
    I didn't realize you were a Coastie! I've been a Coast civilian employee for 21 years. Good Luck to you, it looks you are doing great.

Wayne
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Brent,
    I didn't realize you were a Coastie! I've been a Coast civilian employee for 21 years. Good Luck to you, it looks you are doing great.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne! I hit 17 years last August. Semper Paratus buddy :)
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Heh, heh - this kid is doing ok.
    I'm usually burning around 280-300 cals for Sculpt, and 400-430 for Sweat (1-2 on both). My heart rate is usually in the zone, but jumps over 150 during jumping jacks and fast feet.

It definitely gets easier as you go along (but not TOO easy).

Thanks Nigel....I'm seeing the same ranges as you stated above. Tonight I maxed at 144 for sweat 1-2 and that was during the fast feet/run lunge. Mostly in the 120s....415 cals burned.

MikeK ...I see you get busy when you hit the door at 6pm....when do you eat? Do you try and follow Brent and his no eating 3 hrs before bed? I know I should do that too, but I get home too late some nights and eating before workouts doesn't always sit well. I really should be in the rack by 2130 because 0400 comes way too quick.

Now for my motivational spiel.........

As a first ballot inductee into the Procrastinators HOF I find the longer I sit around the harder it is to get going...it's best if I don't think and just get moving. Excuses are too easy to come by and 9 times out of 10 are too lame to justify not getting it done. In all my experience working out over the years I have found if I just start my workout I will finish it. I will also confess I cannot say I know for certain I would still be doing the P-90 and cal counting if it weren't for all of you guys. I chose to come out of the shadows and now I feel I have to be accountable to the group for seeing this through. I appreciate the support of those who contribute to this thread..remember there is strength in numbers.

Make you next workout your best.....
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement today, everyone! I am feeling very much motivated again and ready to kick some butt!

I am happy to say that not only did I do Sculpt today -- I actually did push-ups ON MY TOES! I could only manage 8 reps each, and the 7-7-7s were on the knees because it was just too much by that point -- but I can do a real push-up! Who knew?

AND I also did a little extra cardio in the form of a Leslie Sansone indoor walking DVD. 50 minutes of exercise total today, and I feel great! If a little wobbly in the extremities. :laugh:

Edit: Counting today as day 17/90 (rather than starting back at day 1). Switching from a 5-day/week to a 6-day/week schedule, and thinking I will start level 3-4 next week, which will give me six weeks on 3-4, and then six weeks on 5-6.
  • MikeK51
    Options
    MikeK ...I see you get busy when you hit the door at 6pm....when do you eat? Do you try and follow Brent and his no eating 3 hrs before bed? I know I should do that too, but I get home too late some nights and eating before workouts doesn't always sit well. I really should be in the rack by 2130 because 0400 comes way too quick.

I eat after I workout. My wife is very supportive of what my son and I are doing and works around my workout.
    I'm done eating by 7:30 at the latest, which gives me 3 hours before bed.
    I've found the 3-hour fast before bed to be so important.
    Sometimes I eat a snack on my 45 minute drive home to give me energy for my workout, and try to keep dinner fairly light.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options

I eat after I workout. My wife is very supportive of what my son and I are doing and works around my workout.
    I'm done eating by 7:30 at the latest, which gives me 3 hours before bed.
    I've found the 3-hour fast before bed to be so important.
    Sometimes I eat a snack on my 45 minute drive home to give me energy for my workout, and try to keep dinner fairly light.

I do the same, I have a snack on the way home, workout when I get there, and eat afterward. I then typically sip on water for the rest of the evening until bedtime. I usually go to bed slightly hungry which I consider a good thing as it means my body has burned the fuel I put in and will now burn stored fat all night :)
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Mande! Awesome job doing "real" push-ups! I haven't even tried yet.
    Impala, like you I feel like being on this board and making myself accountable here has a lot to do with my sticking to it. And I have told everyone in my life too. So I would be pretty embarassed if I just quit now because everyone would know.
    I too am like Brent and Mike and I try to never eat 3 hours before bed. It's easier when I go to bed at 10, but now that I am trying for 9 pm bed, it's probably more like no food 2.5 hours before.
    Not to get too personal, but I am really excited, I have decided that since I plan on having a rockin' body by then, for our anniversary in September, I am going to do a "sexy" photoshoot for my husband and give him a little album. That is some serious motivation to get my body back to what I looked like when we met/got married.
  • forever28
    forever28 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    still waiting on my P90 to show up......:ohwell: :sad: Hurry up Fed-Ex!! :tongue:
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    OMG! I did all 100 crunches this morning! That's some hardwork!
    Woke up kinds late this morning. Although I am sure no one else thinks of 5 after 5 as being late. LOL! Getting out of bed is SO hard still. I wish I had a workout partner or something. I would really like to try Shakeology and see if that gives me the little bit of extra energy I need, but I just don't think I can afford it.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 and I have to say that my workout was easier today than on Monday. Yesterday was hard getting out of bed, but I did it, and I went food shopping last night for all good foods :) I like to cook, so I'm going to make a few new recipes this week for dinner and hopefully have some left overs for quick evening meals.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    For the first time I used the pause button.....I wanted to make sure I had good form and was getting the most out of the ab routine.... Makes a difference if you are not rushing through them.....I am on Day 39 I think I just know what I am suppose to do the next day not so much the days. LOL...

Enjoy your workouts or at least get through them!!!
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Woke up kinds late this morning. Although I am sure no one else thinks of 5 after 5 as being late. LOL! Getting out of bed is SO hard still. I wish I had a workout partner or something. I would really like to try Shakeology and see if that gives me the little bit of extra energy I need, but I just don't think I can afford it.

Hi MamaReebs - I could be your virtual friend if you like. I'm on the East Coast so your 5am is perfect for me :) Do you use the teambeachbody site? I'll look for you and add you as a buddy, let me know what time you typically work out and I'll commit to "meeting you at the gym".

I don't use the Shakeology, but I do like protein powder and mix it with Almond milk, and berries. It's only $18.00 for a big container at Target.
  • MikeK51
    Options

Congrats Rebecca. That's fantastic!
    I'm on day 3 and I have to say that my workout was easier today than on Monday. Yesterday was hard getting out of bed, but I did it, and I went food shopping last night for all good foods :) I like to cook, so I'm going to make a few new recipes this week for dinner and hopefully have some left overs for quick evening meals.

It does get easier (on some days). I wish I had time to cook and prepare. Enjoy!
    For the first time I used the pause button.....I wanted to make sure I had good form and was getting the most out of the ab routine.... Makes a difference if you are not rushing through them.....I am on Day 39 I think I just know what I am suppose to do the next day not so much the days. LOL...

I always felt slowing down a little to catch your breath and do good form was more beneficial then just rushing through them.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Today is day 10 for me, and I had a good Sculpt 1-2 this morning. My shoulder is still barking a little (although less than yesterday) so I lightened the weight a little on the shoulder flys and presses to prevent any further irritation. Still had a good workout, and I feel really good.

I also tried a new homemade recovery shake this morning - frozen strawberries, banana, and blueberries, mixed with skim milk, a little fat free plain yogurt, and my Optimum Natural Whey vanilla protein powder, all into the blender and it made a really tasty breakfast smoothie. I had this for breakfast within 10 minutes of finishing the workout, as a nice blast of carbs and protein to help rebuild muscle.

Anyway, have a great workout today everyone!

Mike
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Today I subbed 40 minutes of Kinect Your Shape for Sweat 1-2 - a lot of similar moves, but slightly different just to mix it up a bit. I still did the Ab Ripper at the end, though.

Yesterday's Sculpt 1-2 was a good day. I finally hit 10 push-ups in the first two rounds - I could barely do 3 before I started this around 16 days ago or so. The 7-7-7 is still pretty tough to do. Those close in push-ups are the toughest part, and I've started doing those on my knees so that I'm actually getting the reps in, and practicing the form (instead of doing 1-2 regular ones, and stopping).
  • MamaReebs
    Options
    Stephanie, I am not signed up at Beach Body. I will have to check it out this weekend. I don't know if I have the time/energy to do 2 websites, but it might be worth it. I will have to look into that Target protein powder. I drink soy milk normally. And Costco weightloss shakes, but I need to find a way to save money. But I am worried about running the blender in the morning and waking my kids up.
    Nigel, I wish I had an Xbox and Kinect so bad! Or even a Wii Fit would be nice! And yes, those close push-ups are stinkin' hard!
    Mike, I am glad your shoulder is improving. We have similar smoothies on the weekends. My kid's favorite treat. Sometimes I use OJ or AJ instead of milk though.
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Day 18 done!

Tired now -- time for a shower and some lunch.

Glad to see everyone doing well! :smile: