Looking for other P90 Support

Options

Replies

• MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing! I bet you are pretty close to your goal if not there! Way to go! Congratulations.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I just saw them on your profile - great job!
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my sweat night. I actually look forward to my workouts but I absolutely DREAD the yoga portion of it. I'm okay with the downward dog, the upward dog stuff. But, my leg NEVER swings far enough forward to be in any kind of decent position for the runner's pose, warrior's pose, and pose-for-me can't remember the real name) pose. I am very discouraged because I thought that if I stuck with it, I would be better at it by now.

Does anybody have any suggestions? What could I be doing wrong? Why do I have to scoot myself backwards once I swing the leg forward? Aaack! Help!

I don't have a suggestion! I am on Day 40 and I am still struggling with this....
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day for me...I am close to day 40...I increase weights to 8 only to realize that 8 are to heavy...>So now I am switching between them!

Have a great workout!!!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I am doing Power 90and love it. I am a beachbody coach and I love all their products and workouts. i plan on working my way up to p90x this summer. So far in the last 14 months or so I am down 94 lbs. Feel great to be getting my strength and muscles back. toning up and looking better. I love it
    Keep pushing play
    If anyone need help let me know

Dwayne
  • MamaReebs
    MamaReebs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have decided to switch to 23-4 on Day 30. Well, at least give it a try anyway. Today was Day 20, Sweat 1-2. I just think I need something a little more challenging. But I might try it and think it's too hard, so we will see. Sculpt 1-2 tomorrow, then it's rest on Sunday. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • dee74
    dee74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just saw them on your profile - great job!
    Thanks
  • MikeK51
    MikeK51 Posts: 317
    Options
    I am doing Power 90and love it. I am a beachbody coach and I love all their products and workouts. i plan on working my way up to p90x this summer. So far in the last 14 months or so I am down 94 lbs. Feel great to be getting my strength and muscles back. toning up and looking better. I love it
    Keep pushing play
    If anyone need help let me know

Dwayne
    Welcome Dwayne. That's an amazing accomplishment in only 14 months. Great dedication!
  • MikeK51
    Options
    I have decided to switch to 23-4 on Day 30. Well, at least give it a try anyway. Today was Day 20, Sweat 1-2. I just think I need something a little more challenging. But I might try it and think it's too hard, so we will see. Sculpt 1-2 tomorrow, then it's rest on Sunday. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sounds like a great plan. I think you won't have any problems with 3-4. Hope your weekend is great too! TGIF!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Day 20 -- sweat/abs -- done! Been getting in my 100/100 on the abs all week, VERY happy about this!

Feeling REALLY good after today's workout -- which is nice, especially compared to how I felt the last couple of days (today being the first day of TOM, too!) I feel energetic, yet calm at the same time. :smile:

Sculpt tomorrow, then rest day on Sunday. Trying to decide if I want to step up to level 3-4 on Monday, or go another week (or two?) on level 1-2.

Happy Friday, guys! :drinker:
  • dimplez55
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am also currently doing P90. I finished swat 1-2 this moring to complete my day 4. I am so glad i'm not alone with the power yoga, I thought it was only me who was having a problem. I am sore like most but it does make me feel good. I am excited to see the change that I will see if I continue with the program! Good luck to everyone here!!!!
  • dimplez55
    Options
    Day 20 -- sweat/abs -- done! Been getting in my 100/100 on the abs all week, VERY happy about this!

Feeling REALLY good after today's workout -- which is nice, especially compared to how I felt the last couple of days (today being the first day of TOM, too!) I feel energetic, yet calm at the same time. :smile:

Sculpt tomorrow, then rest day on Sunday. Trying to decide if I want to step up to level 3-4 on Monday, or go another week (or two?) on level 1-2.

Happy Friday, guys! :drinker:

You could always try out stepping to the next level and if you feel its still too much, just go back and continue at the pace. If you are more comfortable with scult over sweat then only step up the one you feel is better. Don't have to do both at the same time! good luck!
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Wow, I skip a night here and spend an hour catching up on my reading, lol. Great job everyone, it's great to see so much enthusiasm! Welcome to the new folks and for those who are feeling under the weather, I hope you feel better soon.

I'll chime in on the yoga. The leg swing got easier for me as my stomach shrunk. I'm not quite perfect yet with it but I'm probably 90% there. I lift myself up as high as I can on the toe and also my fingertips to get a little more room on the front end. It seems to help.
  • dee74
    Options
    Day 90 I just demolished Tony Horton in Sweat 3-4. Over these first 90 Days I lost 49 pounds (my goal was 50) and 23.5 total inches. I am feeling pretty good about things. I am looing forward to starting the masters series on Monday and I am shooting for 30 more pounds in the next 90 days. I will post some pics in my profile later.

I read what I had to say on the first day of sweat and laughed, I kept my own journal. I pasted it below. For those of you wondering will I ever be able to swing my leg through to runner's pose, you will. I am a big dude and I can now do it with ease. It seemed when I switched to the abs 200 I was finally able to do this move.

Day One of Sweat 1-2 Below

DAY TWO SWEAT & ABS 100
    I hated the guy in the video this morning. My only motivation was to focus my dislike for him into the workout. The guy in the video is trying to kill me in the first 5 minutes with the “power yoga”. I felt a little uncoordinated and my legs did not want to move. I did keep moving most of the time. The abs routine was a little tough but I know I can make gains very quickly on this. I felt wiped out afterwards.
  • dee74
    Options
    I now have Day 1 and Day 90 pics in my profile
  • MikeK51
    Options
    Power 90 Day 60 Progress Photos:

I don't notice as much of a change from day 30 to 60 as I did from day 1 to 30, but I still need to take my measurements.

Power90Day60-3.jpg

(I wish there was a preview feature before posting)
  • MikeK51
    Options
    I now have Day 1 and Day 90 pics in my profile

dee74...your photos look awesome! Congrats on finishing P90. Please let us know how you make out with the Master Series, as that is something a few of us are considering after we are done with P90.

Welcome dimplez! Thanks for joining us on this exciting program. We look forward to your progress. If we can help you in any way, don't hesitate to ask.
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    What's up everyone!! Week 2 complete for me!

I had a good strong Sweat 1-2 and Ab Ripper today and I'm feeling great. Yoga is getting better each time, and I kept up the pace through the entire workout. Tomorrow is my rest day, and I think I'm actually going to do a full day of rest this time, and hopefully feel even stronger on Monday.

Have a great workout today everyone!

Mike
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Dee and Mike - great progress, congrats!
  • dee74
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Looking good Mike.