How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• mirakle
    Options
    I buy the small curd (Knudsens). It has a texture similar to ricotta cheese. Then I toss in small frozen fruit like blueberries, raspberries, etc. Yum. Just like a desert!
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Try blending it up and using it on Baked Potatoes and you can also add a packet of ranch dressing and use as a dip or salad dressing. Low Calorie and High Protein Salad Dressing. Hard to find.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Also great with a scoop of Cottage Cheese and a Scoop of Tuna Fish rolled in a lettuce wrap. Very filling!
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with splenda and cinnamon and sometimes applesauce. Or if I'm feeling especially in need of dessert, I'll heat up some apple slices in 1 pat of butter and add 1 tsp brown sugar and serve it warm over the cottage cheese.
    I also like pineapple ~~ peach slices ~~ berries ~~ more-fruit jam ~~ honey and walnuts.

I never got used to eating savory versions but I know some people put cottage cheese on an English muffin with tomato slices, s&p and heat it up in the toaster oven.
  • Duxgirl20
    Duxgirl20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cut grape tomatoes (cherub tomatoes) in half and then mix with the cottage cheese. Then add pepper. Yummy!
  • Skulldilocks
    Options
    ooo I never thought of using it as a dessert, i should have had it with my baked apples tonight :P

I have always lked mine in Jacket potatoes, on rice cakes or in wholemeal pitta. Sounds boring but I always buy the onion and chives one, bit of Tabasco. Sorted! :)
  • samurillo
    Options
    I have mine in the morning with 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/2 cup cottage and 1/2 cup blueberries. The blueberries are frozen so I nuk them a bit and add Splenda and cinnamon. I love it. Cottage cheese is also good with oranges or bananas sliced up in it.
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    Bump
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I never season mine or add anything to it. I can only eat the 4% milkfat kind though. I like it on a bagel or english muffin instead of butter or jam though, or spread it on Triscuit or Ritz crackers.
  • mrsdhansen
    Options
    Two ways... one I love 100 calorie Breakstone Cottage Doubles with pineapple. The other, I like to put it on 1/2 of a toasted Thomas Bagel Thin (the whole bagel thin would be 110 cals).
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I can eat any way I love it!!!!!! but my favorite is with sliced tomatoes and lots of pepper!!!! yum oh how I want some now !!!! thanks
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Pepper and chives! I can't stand it with fruit or sweet stuff for some reason.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    This might not mean much as i'm british but I adore the Tesco light choices cottage cheese with pineapple...I could just eat the whole tub! It's good on wholegrain ryvitas, or on a baked sweet potato....mmm I wish I had some in the fridge right now!
  • roobers
    roobers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Me too, love the pinapple one on potatoes! Sainsburys had it on offer 2 x 300g tubs for £1.20 last week; not sure if that's still on...

Have never even thought of having cottage cheese with anything sweet. Mind you I did try to make a low-fat cheesecake with it, but prefer using quark or ricotta as those don't have lumps in.
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I like to eat mine on a crispbread with some seeds sprinkled on top. Although I made a pasta bake using it instead of a white sauce and it was equally delicious, and much more filling.
  • leix
    leix Posts: 176
    Options
    toastie
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I don't care for cottage cheese by itself...however I was out of greek yogurt about two weeks ago now for my smoothie and used 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese in it instead. LOVE IT. HIgh in protein and it cuts down the sweetness of the smoothie a bit.

Who knew!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm a CHEESE HATER but I do eat cc only b/c of the protein content. I can stomach 1/2 a cup as long as there is a 1/4 cup of pineapple to go with. I prefer fresh pineapple, more flavour less sugars.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    1) mixed into my oatmeal
    2) mixed into my scrambled eggs or frittata
    3) mixed with applesauce
    4) mixed with fresh fruit (blueberries, peaches, pears, banana slices)
  • kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Options
    Salt, pepper and a little bit of curry powder.