How do you eat your cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• kmahly
    kmahly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Fresh ground pepper and lots of it!!

Same here! Hubby always teases me and asks me if I would like some cottage cheese to go with my pepper! ;)
  • Heliconia
    Heliconia Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Do you cut the tomatoes up in it or put the cottage cheese on top of the tomatoes?
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I do it simple: a little salt and a lot of black pepper. Mmmmmm.
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and ham tostadas!! I love them :P

Tostada
    1 slice of ham
    cottage cheese
    lettuce leaf
    tomato slices
    onion slices
    and sometimes a couple of slices of jalapeños!
  • Cjramirez34
    Options
    I am new to cottage cheese. My favorite way to eat it so far is with 1 tbsp of peanut butter on a toasted whole grain bread. DELICIOUS!!!
  • TrudyLea
    Options
    I'm so surprised no one said this or maybe I missed it just skimming. When my family eats spaghetti I have the sauce with cottage cheese. My husband is on dialysis and can't do whole wheat pasta so that is out. It ups my protein and tast yummy!

I got so many great ideas - I think I'll have some cottage cheese for supper!
  • sewbug
    sewbug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    spread some on celery sticks !! yum !!
  • Jalfie
    Jalfie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Probably an " English" thing looking over all the reply's but we eat cottage cheese on a hot Baked Potato with salad. It's lovely.
    But all these ideas are just great because I was planning to get some Cottage Cheese again this weekend.
  • jenni185
    Options
    I'll put it on a salad or use it as chip dip. Cheddar Sunchips with cottage cheese is the best!
  • Bobbijo82566
    Bobbijo82566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always eat mine with cut up cherry tomatoes and black pepper :) But after hearing all these ideas I am going to have to venture out of my comfort zone and try it with fruit..these all sound so yummy!
  • GiPett
    GiPett Posts: 1
    Options
    In the summer, we put cherry tomatoes and fresh onions in it. Yummy!
  • crosedonahue
    crosedonahue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with cinnamon, honey, and blueberries (or any fruit, really). Yum!
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Probably an " English" thing looking over all the reply's but we eat cottage cheese on a hot Baked Potato with salad. It's lovely.
    But all these ideas are just great because I was planning to get some Cottage Cheese again this weekend.

This sounds like a great alternative to butter and/or sour cream. Thanks for sharing!
  • brown2343
    Options
    I love cottage cheese. I usually eat it for lunch. I make a salad out of it using thawed frozen peas, raisins and sunflower seeds!! So good!
  • Koriannvictoria
    Koriannvictoria Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    with a spoon….

lol…

mixed with fruit blended with OJ into a smoothie…….
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person that doesn't like cottage cheese? I don't mind it mixed in sauces or used in place of ricotta in my lasagna. But, man, I just don't like it! I like Greek yogurt though! :tongue:

No, you're not alone...its why I can only eat it in my smoothie to tone down the sweetness of it in the morning. Or IN foods..but by itsself and the gag factor of it takes place in two bites. Bleh Bleh Bleh.
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    Wowww! So many great ideas that I never thought of. Thanks for sharing everyone :)
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    b:smile: ump
  • itsjustme77
    Options
    With blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries if you want sweet, or I put a little salt and tomato slices.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of it with fruits. I usually eat it plain or on some tortilla chips:) It's soooo high in sodium though!