I love cottage cheese with fresh blueberries and/ or strawberries.:smile:
  • jenhudgins
    Options
    Mandarin oranges! Yum! Or with cut up cucumbers, that's yummy too
  • ldb316
    ldb316 Posts: 13
    Options
    berries!

for parties, i also add it to my guacamole to make it go further.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    i eat mine with corn chips or toast. if with the corn chips some times ill add salsa in it but that was before trying to get n shape

But salsa is a good diet food. It's got VERY low calories, and if you find the right one, or make it yourself, you can find low sodium versions. I use salsa on my salads instead of dressing most of the time. 4 tbsp for around 30 cals typically. I'll have to try mixing salsa and cottage cheese to use as a chip dip. yum!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I looove cottage cheese. I've been eating it with a splenda packet, cinnamon, and cut up apples. It's almost like a dessert!

While I like that, I am curious what other people put in their cottage cheese? I would love to try some new things. Thanks!
    That's exactly how I eat mine. Makes a monster quantity and does taste like a treat to me!
    I also use ff cottage cheese to make my clean eating egg salad -- pretty darned yummy and super nutritious!
  • mhowe86
    mhowe86 Posts: 37
    Options
    bump
  • JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I looove cottage cheese. I've been eating it with a splenda packet, cinnamon, and cut up apples. It's almost like a dessert!

While I like that, I am curious what other people put in their cottage cheese? I would love to try some new things. Thanks!
    That's exactly how I eat mine. Makes a monster quantity and does taste like a treat to me!
    I also use ff cottage cheese to make my clean eating egg salad -- pretty darned yummy and super nutritious!

As for the apples and cinnamon, that's how I eat my yogurt w/some uncooked rolled oats thrown in. I am crazy for cottage cheese w/berries and honey in the summer.

Robin - great idea on making a "healthier" egg salad by using cottage cheese. I know you can make fake "riccotta" by blending it, but I never would have thought to use it for egg salad. And I just love egg salad. Brilliant!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    If I am eating them with dinner as a side
    celery salt and lemon pepper

If it is for breakfast
    chopped bananas, apples, melons, berries or any fruit with splenda or honey
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    i eat it plain or with fruit, sometimes i use it on a salad instead of dressing.

OMG thats a fantastic idea!!
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    Pepper and chives! I can't stand it with fruit or sweet stuff for some reason.

Neither could I until I sweetened it
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options

I second RMinVA!! Brilliant to use for egg salad! I'm going to try this for sure!! Thanks!
  • FaithKap
    Options
    It is great with jam too. I prefer using sugar free jam.
  • gabalis1
    Options
    I love it on my baked potatoes. This way you do not need to use butter or sour cream. Add your salt and pepper and you are ready to go.
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    I used to only eat it with no sugar added peaches... then I found the packages that are cottage cheese and a tiny cup of fruity stuff, YUM. A little sugary for some but OMG yum.

Something new I tried last week: Made homemade turkey chili with lots of big tomatoes and peppers. It was GOOD but also HOT. Sour Cream is a no-go as dense in fat as it is, so I mixed in some cottage cheese to kill some of the heat. it was SOOOO good!!
  • borys12
    borys12 Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi,

I eat cottage cheese for breakfast with tomato, cucumber, pepper, everything chopped.
  • marisa_munches
    Options
    I just discovered the yummiest combination for breakfast. Cottage cheese, fresh pineapple chunks, and a little bit of granola. I've had it the past two mornings!
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I LOVE cottage cheese in oatmeal!!! It is SOOOOO good. Just add the cottage cheese, a little brown sugar, cinnamin, and a touch of vanilla!!! It is like eating dessert! I don't really like it any other way though. :(
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person that doesn't like cottage cheese? I don't mind it mixed in sauces or used in place of ricotta in my lasagna. But, man, I just don't like it! I like Greek yogurt though! :tongue:
  • sleddin_chic
    Options
    I love to eat it with Triscuit Thin Crisps. I use it almost like a dip for my crackers. If I have a fruit, great. If not I still love it.