Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Options

Replies

• m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Just made this today. I've made it a number of times, such a great recipe and can be changed up easily - I added a can of black beans (drained and rinsed) and a can of sweet corn - followed everything else. SOOOO GOOOD!!! Served on brown rice, have lunch for the rest of the week!
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    sounds great! Im going to make it this week!
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    bump
  • wilkypoo
    wilkypoo Posts: 52
    Options
    bump.. thanks for sharing.
  • JJKennedy1
    JJKennedy1 Posts: 11
    Options
    bumping for later
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    bump
  • jajlies
    jajlies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yum
  • MrsE2010
    MrsE2010 Posts: 63
    Options
    Please tell me about this Hungry Girl cookbook. Sounds interesting.
    I have made salsa chicken before but not this recipe and this is seriously the BEST crock pot recipe that I have tried. I think the cream of mushroom soup makes all the difference.
    OH my goodness. I found this chipotle taco seasoning low sodium so I used that along with a cup of regular old Pace Medium salsa. I shredded it and rolled it up in the La Tortilla high fiber/low carb tortillas. SO good. the tortillas have 1/2 of your daily fiber, 3 grams of fat, and 80 calories and they are huge. I had never heard of them before I got my new Hungry Girl cookbook and she uses them a lot.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    tried this last night......my husband was in heaven!!! he didn't even say anything...just made all these moaning and groaning sounds with every bite! lol Thanks!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Dont forget you can change it up too - works great with pork and green tomatillo salsa as well! Just use the same basics and you've got a whole new taste!
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    Making it again for dinner tonight - yummy!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    bump
    oh i wanna try :)
  • MrsE2010
    Options
    I've actually made some modifications to this recipe and it works out great to make it a little more filling. I have added a can of black beans and a small can of corn and peppers. Also, I now use the low fat/low sodium cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom for a little different flavor. I put the chicken in a fat free whole wheat tortilla and the sauce, beans, and corn go great with a little brown rice. It is very southwestern!

Anyone else have ideas to change it up a little? I want to cook this so often because it's easy and tasty but I need to keep changing it up a little for the family to stay interested.
  • tissyazd
    tissyazd Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thanks! This looks awesome!!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Made this yesterday, it was awesome and super easy, what more could you ask for!!!!! Thanks for the post!!
  • 6todds
    6todds Posts: 13
    Options
    This sounds like an AWESOME recipe. I can't wait to try it! We are always looking for new chicken recipes. Thanks!
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    Bump... sounds delish!!
  • mstarrett01
    mstarrett01 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I am going to try this Monday night for dinner!
  • aprueitt
    aprueitt Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump! Can't wait to try it out