Options

Replies

• ♥dawnwestbury♥
    Options
    will try soon THANK YOU!!!!!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I have made salsa chicken before but not this recipe and this is seriously the BEST crock pot recipe that I have tried. I think the cream of mushroom soup makes all the difference.
    OH my goodness. I found this chipotle taco seasoning low sodium so I used that along with a cup of regular old Pace Medium salsa. I shredded it and rolled it up in the La Tortilla high fiber/low carb tortillas. SO good. the tortillas have 1/2 of your daily fiber, 3 grams of fat, and 80 calories and they are huge. I had never heard of them before I got my new Hungry Girl cookbook and she uses them a lot.

You gotta try it :flowerforyou:

ooh here's the taco seasoning, if you see this in the grocery store, I would get it instead of plain taco seasoning,
    http://www.amazon.com/Nueva-Cocina-Seasoning-Chipotle-1-25-Ounce/dp/B000E3XBT0

I'm wondering about the salsa / cream of mushroom soup combo....??? It must be good, but hmmmmmm. I NEVER would've thought of it. Will have to try.
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome and flavorful! I will have to borrow my mom's slow cooker!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump... thanks for sharing :)
  • dawn33
    dawn33 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bumping this for dinner!
  • xecila
    xecila Posts: 99
    Options
    Oh my gosh, this looks yummy. Saving this thread!
  • ShannanM
    ShannanM Posts: 4
    Options
    Made this dish for my family tonight. What a HUGE hit!! Everyone loved it! What a pleasure to make something easy and HEALTHY that we could all eat and enjoy. BTW I doubled the recipe (except the taco seasoning) and used thinly sliced chicken breasts. I cooked it on low for 8 hours and my chicken was falling apart - it just melted in your mouth. My husband and sons had it over Barilla Plus penne noodles and I had brown rice YUM YUM YUM!! Added:bigsmile: a green salad and it was a perfect meal. Thanks for sharing the great recipe!
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bumping cos I'm going to attempt this as my 2nd ever meal made in crock pot (in UK slow cooker isn't as popular as in US). WIll get ingredients and add to my weekly meal plan.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    tag
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Keeping with cinco de mayo I made this for dinner tonight. I was pleasantly surprised on how good it was. Since I am watching my carb intake I made homemade guacamole and ate it with the chicken. Very yummy:love:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • MrsE2010
    MrsE2010 Posts: 63
    Options
    Just now learning to cook. This one is super easy. Thanks for posting:flowerforyou:
    Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1 cup salsa
    1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
    1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
    1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
    Add chicken to slow cooker.
    Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
    Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
    Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
    Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
    Serve with rice.

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 6
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 157.2
    Total Fat: 3.3 g
    Cholesterol: 63.4 mg
    Sodium: 654.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 6.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
    Protein: 24.3 g
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Since we are on page 8, I'm not sure if someone has posted this already... but Salsa Chicken keeps very well frozen!!
  • stephflo33
    stephflo33 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    bump-tomorrow's dinner.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just made salsa chicken last week in the slow cooker...dumped peach, pineapple chipotle salsa (from Walmart) a little on the botoom of the slow cooker add chicken breast and then the rest of the salsa on the top...cook on low for 6 hrs....mine was partially frozen......soooo yummy. Served with brown rice and steamed broccoli.
  • tcampbellus
    tcampbellus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :happy: Excellent Recipe. I am trying to avoid rice so I shredded the chicken. My husband and kids put it on tortillas and I put it on a bed of lettuce. I left out the sour cream to help keep the calories lower. I don't think it made a huge difference. I added some salsa to the top for a dressing. It was absolutely DELICIOUS. Thanks for the recipe. The whole family loved it and I could easily make it again and not worry about being in the kitchen.
  • victoriavvi
    victoriavvi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Bump going to try this tonight!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Making this tonight! Plus this recipe should always stay near the top. :bigsmile:
  • caloughner
    caloughner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This recipe sounds great. I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing.