Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Options

Replies

• anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just made this with some brown rice. Fantastic!! Thanks very much for sharing this ultra-easy recipe. Finally, something I can prepare and cook successfully!

To those that were asking - based on the calorie count from the brown rice box, no, the rice calories are NOT included with the nutritional info listed here.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I just made this with some brown rice. Fantastic!! Thanks very much for sharing this ultra-easy recipe. Finally, something I can prepare and cook successfully!

To those that were asking - based on the calorie count from the brown rice box, no, the rice calories are NOT included with the nutritional info listed here.
    I also tried it with the brown rice and it turned out great.

Think I'll put that in the crockpot for tomorrow's dinner....:drinker:

When I made mine I cut way back on the Taco seasoning on someone's recommendation...will cut back even more this time...I found it super salty (for my tase that is..though the brown rice really tamed it which was nice!:bigsmile: )...but I don't add salt or eat much pkg'd food anymore so I think I must be much more sensitive now ...so it might not be the same for anyone else.:wink:

I also used fat free sour creme which worked out great as well......

Enjoy the recipe all.....:drinker:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight for dinner. Family loved it...even my VERY VERY VERY picky 6 yr old. We will definately be having it again soon. I am so in love with slow cooker recipes right now :love:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Made this tonight for dinner. Family loved it...even my VERY VERY VERY picky 6 yr old. We will definately be having it again soon. I am so in love with slow cooker recipes right now :love:
    oh isn't the crock pot simply the BEST ever!!!! So handy:drinker:
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I need to find more recipes like this - healthy, tasty, low-cal, and VERY VERY easy to make!! I'll start browsing the rest of the recipes on this site... I like keeping things at or under 5 ingredients (as long as they still taste great).
  • mom2my3kids
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! It was super easy to make and my 2yr old and 6yr old LOVED it! I shredded the chicken and served with brown rice. SUPER easy!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    can't wait to try this recipe with all the different variations!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    can't wait to try this recipe with all the different variations!
    Oh Lauryn:flowerforyou: ...your whole crew will love it! I got the rest of the ingredients today at the store to try it out again...so I'll be doing that in the very near future for friends coming by...

Gotta simply LOVE that crockpot invention!:love: Simple, smells up the house nicely (ok, that was a strange way to word that...lol:blushing: :huh: :yawn: ), cooks on it's own, easy cleanup! It's MAGIC:laugh:

btw...I have tried the crockpot plastic liners for cooking in...they work SUPER for no clean up after cooking...I always wipe it out with a paper towel...but it sure does make for a very simple meal that way needs no crock cleanup! I don't use them everytime but certain things that are messier I do...:bigsmile:

Love to hear how others change things up in recipes shared on here... :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this! It was super easy to make and my 2yr old and 6yr old LOVED it! I shredded the chicken and served with brown rice. SUPER easy!

I did the same thing in regards to shredding the chicken...it came out so very tender it just pulled apart so easily so I went with that as well:wink: ....everyone loved it... Glad you all enjoyed it so much... This has been a really popular recipe it keeps popping up as folks make it and see the thread... I'd have to glance back a number of pages to see who the original poster was... but was very kind of them to share!

Looking to add more crockpot recipes myself when I uncover my crockpot book...it's got all the nutritional data on the pages so it'll be great to share some more from there... I know alot of folks seem to be desiring more of the slowcooker recipes...

I'll hunt it down over the long weekend...that'll be one of my projects...:laugh: :bigsmile: :blushing:

Just glanced back and it was oneinchatatime who originally shared it back in June...so pretty cool it's still floating around in Dec....for a recipe thread and all:drinker:

Pinktogue had shared some great photo's that almost look professional of her finished dish...it looked like something in a cooking mag... :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

I need to find more recipes like this - healthy, tasty, low-cal, and VERY VERY easy to make!! I'll start browsing the rest of the recipes on this site... I like keeping things at or under 5 ingredients (as long as they still taste great).

Tell ya what....I'll work on getting some more up for Slow cookers....I think it'd be great to have a section for things like this in the cooking thread section.

So when I do find more I'll definitely put Crockpot in the Title on the thread.....

Simple is da best...isn't it though? Simple and healthy!:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I made this yesterday and it was fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.
    How'd you like it ...if you've cooked it up yet that is?:flowerforyou:
  • pamelaeilf
    Options
    will have to give this a try.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    been wanting to try this since it has got such great reviews. BUMP!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Wow this sounds YUMMY! I make a version of this with just frozen chicken breasts, salsa and seasonings with about 2 cups low sodium chicken broth and I cook it all day while at work. I make a big batch and use it all week in tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, chicken and rice, etc. I love cooking once and reusing later. :happy:
    Amy
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I subbed the cream of mushroom for healthy requests cream of chicken and didn't add the sour cream. I used full strength taco seasoning (less than 1/2 a pack) and it was still a little too salty for me. Next time, I'll mix my own. I think it needs to be closer to 6 hours of cooking time b/c I did nearly 8 & it turned out a little dry. Made a bed of brown rice & peas, placed chicken & sauce on top...not too bad. DH loved it, the kids tolerated it, I was impartial. :bigsmile:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    bumping! Going in the crockpot today :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    bumping! Going in the crockpot today :smile:

Thanks for the bump, I need to make this again!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I was planning on making this, but for some reason had it written down as Ranch Salsa Chicken.... as in, I was going to add the seasoning packet of ranch dressing to it. Now I can't remember where I got that idea from, but think it's worth a shot anyhow!

I think I'll put all the ingredients together in the crockpot tonight and stick that in the fridge. Then tomorrow morning I should be able to whip it out of the fridge and turn it on! Voila- dinner ready when I get home with the wee-one. (Except for the rice, but I do quickie 5 minute rice.)

I'm excited!!!

PS- I'm using my best friend's grandmother's homemade salsa. Yummay!!
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This sounds great:happy: :happy: I'm going to give it a try soon:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thank you
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I was planning on making this, but for some reason had it written down as Ranch Salsa Chicken.... as in, I was going to add the seasoning packet of ranch dressing to it. Now I can't remember where I got that idea from, but think it's worth a shot anyhow!

I think I'll put all the ingredients together in the crockpot tonight and stick that in the fridge. Then tomorrow morning I should be able to whip it out of the fridge and turn it on! Voila- dinner ready when I get home with the wee-one. (Except for the rice, but I do quickie 5 minute rice.)

I'm excited!!!

PS- I'm using my best friend's grandmother's homemade salsa. Yummay!!

Alright, I have pre-made everything to hit the crockpot before work tomorrow. I added mushrooms and a can of diced chili tomatoes to the lot. Skipped the ranch seasoning... I think DH was mixing together a couple recipes there. Can't wait for dinner tomorrow night!