Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken

Options

Replies

• byeuboy
    byeuboy Posts: 25
    Options
    OH YEAH! We had this tonight and it was awesome:tongue: The only twist we put on it was using a hot sauce called "mad butcher" (Hy-Vee stores in Iowa) and we shredded the chicken then put it over rice. It was fantastic. Have some left and can't wait for leftovers.:smooched::smooched:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Made it last night and had the leftovers tonight. I thought it was good but I did leave out the sour cream and the cream of mushroom stuff (lactose) and I thought, along with my daughter and husband, was good. It would make it again. I served it over spanish rice. Yummy

-Adrienne:heart:
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I am looking forward to making this this week. I figure I can use it for lunches throughout the week.
  • kayleesmom
    Options
    We had this for dinner tonight minus the sour cream. GREAT we will have this again and again. Thanks for sharing. :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Made it last night and had the leftovers tonight. I thought it was good but I did leave out the sour cream and the cream of mushroom stuff (lactose) and I thought, along with my daughter and husband, was good. It would make it again. I served it over spanish rice. Yummy

-Adrienne:heart:
    I've tried brown rice..spanish rice would be a change...thanks for the idea Adrienne :flowerforyou: It is good, I've made it several times now.. :drinker: :happy:

FC:heart:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Hello everbody, I'm thinking of making this recipe with the slow cooker and I'm a little new to it :embarassed: lol Do I cook the chicken before I add it to the slow cooker? And also, If I wanted to add the black beans and corn to this, would I put those in at the beginning with everything else (frozen corn, canned beans)? Thank you!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Hello everbody, I'm thinking of making this recipe with the slow cooker and I'm a little new to it :embarassed: lol Do I cook the chicken before I add it to the slow cooker? And also, If I wanted to add the black beans and corn to this, would I put those in at the beginning with everything else (frozen corn, canned beans)? Thank you!

You don't have to cook the chicken before. I allowed mine to thaw overnight, tossed it in that morning. Add everything you'd like up front. Just pile it all in. Turn it on in the a.m. (on low or medium) and let it go all day until dinner!
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Thank you very much :smile: This is definately dinner tommorrow
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Made this tonight...very yummy! I found a lower sodium taco seasoning and only used 1/2 a packet (still a tad bit salty). I didn't add in the full amount of sour cream, but rather just put a dab of ff sour cream on the top of each serving. Served over brown rice and frozen peas. Very yummy!!!
  • aodier
    aodier Posts: 42
    Options
    Oh MY GooooooooooooooooooooooooDNESS! :happy: :drinker: :love: :love: :love:

I made this last night for supper and it is now a new family favorite!! It is extremely easy to make and is so tasty that you wouldn't think that it is only 157 calories a serving!!! WOW! i had mine over brown rice and it was delicious. I told my boyfriend after he was done eating it and commenting on how good it was the calorie amount in it and he said " Well this is the last time I eat this! It is way tooo healthy!" haha of course he was joking but eating right does not mean that you have to eat things that are not flavorous!!! Enjoy!!
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump, this is dinner tonight :wink:
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I made this for dinner last night, and it was great! I also had it has left-overs for lunch today.

Thanks for the recipe.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Making this (again) for dinner one night this week. Yumm-o!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I saw a post similar to this by you Missy:wink::tongue: in one of these pages...so you must have liked it rather well then?:laugh:

Great recipe, I've made it now several times, so versatile to try it many ways!
    Looking forward to hearing more ways that folks find to spice it up, so to speak:flowerforyou:

• Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I saw a post similar to this by you Missy:wink::tongue: in one of these pages...so you must have liked it rather well then?:laugh:

Looking forward to hearing more ways that folks find to spice it up, so to speak:flowerforyou:

Yes, I think I've made it a couple times now. I truly do like it. I think this time I may add corn. I use more salsa than directed too, and a can of diced Mexican styled tomatoes. Mine is very soupy. I take some of the excess liquid and cook my rice in that. The whole meal is flavorful, and although it's more than 157 calories, it's well within reason for a dinner.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Yes, I think I've made it a couple times now. I truly do like it. I think this time I may add corn. I use more salsa than directed too, and a can of diced Mexican styled tomatoes. Mine is very soupy. I take some of the excess liquid and cook my rice in that. The whole meal is flavorful, and although it's more than 157 calories, it's well within reason for a dinner.

Hey Lauryn, thanks for sharing what additions you add... I make it a bit different each time... great idea on using some of the liquid for the rice making!:drinker: :tongue:

• lobita44
    lobita44 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Took the chicken out of the freezer...putting it in the crockpot tomorrow morning! Can't wait!
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Okay mine is currently cooking :bigsmile:

Added some variations.....

Took out cup of salsa (made my own in a way)
    Added can of organic corn
    Added can of organic black beans
    Added can of diced tomatos

Hope it's yummy :smile:
  • abillings9
    Options
    Oh yum! I'll have to make this sometime!
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Finally got a chance to try it last night .....YUMMY