how different are you offline than online

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
i notice that online alot of people are one way but totally different in real life personally im the same guy onn or offline. except in real life i dont talk about how awesome i am. mainly because awesomeness radiates from my being and you can feel it in person. how different are you all

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Same on and offline
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I'm not awesome, but I am transparent and real, online or off ;) God made me the way I am and who can argue with Him??
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA! I for sure have a more wicked sense of humor. I clean it up a little bit here, but this is me take me or leave me.
  • rozarotti
    rozarotti Posts: 139
    Options
    Hahaha, i like that, your awesomeness radiates.........

I am pretty much the same person both on and off. Although my humor doesn't always hit right through online posts.
    I know someone who is like that, online and real life are like night and day. Kind of irritating.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I can feel your awesomeness. I'm not usually very demonstrative in "real life." I do find it easier express support and caring on line when I am typing, not talking. And I am less snarky on line.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm secretly a 50 year old woman offline. Don't tell anybody.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    No online persona's here. What you see is what you get. Straight w/no chaser. I'm outgoing, love what I do & love life. :bigsmile:
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am even more awesome offline since I can actually LOL. I just love being around people regardless if it is online or offline so I chat with whoever is mutually fun to talk to.
  • sarahnicolexoxo
    Options
    I am the exact same both online and offline. Very outgoing and personable. =)
  • Hemis_mom
    Hemis_mom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I tend to be more brave online than off--I have lots of things I would like to say but often don't have the courage face to face--If I am online I feel more freedom to be who I really am!! Sad but true!
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm very different online to how I am in person. In person I'm shy, find it hard to keep a conversation going, and am generally quite withdrawn..as sad as it sounds, I have no friends in real life (other than family members). Whereas online, I'm much better at saying what I want to say...some would say I talk to much...and I have a lot of friends online. I find it much easier to be myself online than in reality - which probably sounds stupid..but it's true!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I HAVE A REALLY BAD MOUTH...WHICH I DO NOT POST ON HERE....I'VE TRIED TO STOP...BUT I CANT
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    lmao.
    I dunno! My online mood depends on my mood...so it kind of ties into what I'm like offline?
    I think I'm a little more chattier online--I can introduce myself to new people on sites like this;
    but offline, I couldn't do that to save my life. :P
    Otherwise, no extravagant difference.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I'm totally different, very shy, not outgoing whatsoever. I would be the last person to talk to you in a crowded room and that would probably only be to mumble an "excuse me please" with my head down if you were blocking my escape route. I love the internet as it has given me a tad more confidence as before, I'd have just waited patiently for someone to move. If I'm with friends I can pick up on their confidence a little but alone, forget it.
  • feetypajamas
    feetypajamas Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same. I'm probably louder and more boisterous offline, since a person can't hear me cackle through my typing. I'm a great big goofball either way. :)

I laugh a lot, I talk with my hands, I make tons of silly faces at people, and when I talk, especially when telling a story. I guess you could say I'm more animated in person, but that's probably true for a lot of people, since, you know, you're typing. O.o

In some situations I can be shy at first. *gasp* ME? SHY? But, hey, it happens. :)

*edit*
    I have a potty mouth, and a very filthy mind. I can turn ANYTHING into a sexual innuendo of sorts. However, I reign it in, and use it only in appropriate situations. At my bodymod.org home, I can flaunt it. Here, it's probably not a good idea. SO, if a person from MFP were to meet me IRL, they may be in for a surprise.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    what you see is what you get with this girl
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm totally different, very shy, not outgoing whatsoever. I would be the last person to talk to you in a crowded room and that would probably only be to mumble an "excuse me please" with my head down if you were blocking my escape route. I love the internet as it has given me a tad more confidence as before, I'd have just waited patiently for someone to move. If I'm with friends I can pick up on their confidence a little but alone, forget it.

Good to see I'm not alone - you basically summed me up..but much more eloquently than I did (aside from the fact you have friends lol!)!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm the same on and offline. I've got no reason to hide myself or be someone different.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I HAVE A REALLY BAD MOUTH...WHICH I DO NOT POST ON HERE....I'VE TRIED TO STOP...BUT I CANT

lmao, I'm the same way, but reversed. I feel like online allows me to be more real and I like being able to say what I really think. I act the same way online that I act with those closest to me and I have a dirty mouth.

Because of where I live and the circles of people I usually deal with offline, I feel I have to be quite a bit more reserved.
  • LaurenRose2011
    Options
    I really like this question. So, here's my answer:

I am generally the same online as offline, but there are some minor differences. I believe I am actually a little nicer to people online than offline, because I recognise a lesser chance of getting hurt by people online. I can simply shut off my laptop, and continue with my day unaffected if an online "friend" upsets me, but if the same were to happen to me offline with a friend and in person I couldn't just shut them off, and continue my day. It would turn into something bigger.

I am the same in that offline I like to help people however I can, and I do the same online. I am the girl people in my life come to for answers. Sometimes on issues I know nothing about, but I tell them to give me a day and I will learn, and then report back. That's how I operate online and offline. If I see someone who needs help I do my best to help in the best ways I can.

I am a lot more shy offline than online, but I do my best not to be held back by that. I do approach people online with less angst than I would approach someone offline. This has a lot to do with my weight, and I imagine as I keep losing it I will become a lot less shy in reality.

Well, there's that. Thanks for posting this topic. :)