• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I think I am the same.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm the real deal on and off line.

Maybe a bit more boisterous and animated off line.

Karen
  • Charlie001
    Options
    In real life I am a Jedi. But my x-wing is damaged and this funky earth atmosphere interfers with my use of the force.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'm very different online to how I am in person. In person I'm shy, find it hard to keep a conversation going, and am generally quite withdrawn..as sad as it sounds, I have no friends in real life (other than family members). Whereas online, I'm much better at saying what I want to say...some would say I talk to much...and I have a lot of friends online. I find it much easier to be myself online than in reality - which probably sounds stupid..but it's true!

This is kinda how I feel too until I get to know someone then I am ME!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same, except I cuss like a sailor and speak my mind more. I'm also a bit more 3 dimensional in real life. har har har :tongue:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I'm much taller off line too! .....lol

Karen
  • I am the same person online as I am in RL for the most part. I sometimes seem like I am handling stress much better than I really am but that is just who I am. I have no reason to hide behind BS. Life is much too busy and demanding for me to make up another personality. lol. I love to joke around and have fun. Too much seriousness in life sometimes. I deal with very real issues with my work so it is nice to have a sense of humor. I think it is easier to be real online. I mean you are much less concerned with judgement and social rejection when people can not visualize you.

Ok, I talk to much and now I have "typed" your eyes off... lol.
  • jenblwr
    jenblwr Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm very different online to how I am in person. In person I'm shy, find it hard to keep a conversation going, and am generally quite withdrawn..as sad as it sounds, I have no friends in real life (other than family members). Whereas online, I'm much better at saying what I want to say...some would say I talk to much...and I have a lot of friends online. I find it much easier to be myself online than in reality - which probably sounds stupid..but it's true!

This is kinda how I feel too until I get to know someone then I am ME!!

Exactly! :happy:
  • FK1983
    FK1983 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same online as I am offline, I love having a laugh, I say exactly what I think, yup!
    I am a shy person offline with people I don't know and don't have much confidence (although losing weight helps)
    I'm secretly a 50 year old woman offline. Don't tell anybody.
    ^LOL
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I don't think there's a huge difference. Like a lot of people have said, I'm more outgoing here, I wouldn't ask some lady at the bus stop about her wieght loss, but I do it on here! It's the forum for that though. I definately cuss a lot more offline. I never say JEEZ in my reallfe!! LOL (or LOL!)
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm secretly a 50 year old woman offline. Don't tell anybody.

Knew it
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I HAVE A REALLY BAD MOUTH...WHICH I DO NOT POST ON HERE....I'VE TRIED TO STOP...BUT I CANT

Haha, I am the same way!!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I too am exactly the same on and offline!!
  • donbogi
    donbogi Posts: 175
    Options
    I am quite shy in "real life'.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm me on or offline. If my mood is quiet online then I'm that way offline.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I'm way more vocal & hyper in real life :) Kinda random sometimes too!

My Facebook people see it way more than on here lol
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    It's funny to read people saying they're "more real" on a Web forum, heh.

I'm more reserved online. With an online reply, which may be longer lasting than something you say in person, I think about my responses a lot and, typically, I don't want to hurt someone's feelings too much. Other times I don't care whatsoever.

Offline I'm only more sarcastic because tone is easier to get across. Online I'm just as sarcastic, but it's generally taken more as Pathos.
  • juliebrc1
    Options
    I think it is funny to see how everyone posts that they are the same. I know for me I am totally different. I am so much more fun offline, I also worry that what I type will not be as funny as when I say it. Hats off to all of you who say that you are the same. :drinker:
  • chilipeppers
    Options
    I am extremely different offline, because my friends group are a bunch of punks and skids (obviously my language that I use when I talk to them is a little different than on an online chat group with people of all ages and lifestyles!)
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Let me put it this way. If I had an online persona, I really hope I could come up with something better than a pudgy hawaiian computer nerd.