how different are you offline than online

Options

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    The only real difference is that when I comment on something in MFP, I am forced to think about it while typing. In that sense, I tend to be a little less impulsive and a little more politically correct.

Other than that, I am pretty much exactly how you see me.
    -Love my Family
    -A little arrogant and prideful
    -Intelligent
    -Sometimes make bad decisions for the right reasons
    -Sometimes make the right decisions for the wrong reasons
    -Flirtatious
    -Judgemental (Keep it to myself usually)
    -Loyal friend
    -Biker

I'm very predictable. If you know me well then you know exactly how I will react given a certain set of circumstances. I put my wife and girls in front of everything else.

Myself my friends and my extended family I put second.

Anyone else that crosses my path gets treated with respect until they prove they don't deserve it. Then they become non-issues. I drop them from my circle.

I tend to avoid confrontation whenever I can. To the point that I will not engage in conflict if it's only directed at me. However, I over react when someone crosses those that I love.

I love women. All sizes, shapes. I believe they are much better people in every way than men.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    The only real difference is that when I comment on something in MFP, I am forced to think about it while typing. In that sense, I tend to be a little less impulsive and a little more politically correct.

Other than that, I am pretty much exactly how you see me.
    -Love my Family
    -A little arrogant and prideful
    -Intelligent
    -Sometimes make bad decisions for the right reasons
    -Sometimes make the right decisions for the wrong reasons
    -Flirtatious
    -Judgemental (Keep it to myself usually)
    -Loyal friend
    -Biker

I'm very predictable. If you know me well then you know exactly how I will react given a certain set of circumstances. I put my wife and girls in front of everything else.

Myself my friends and my extended family I put second.

Anyone else that crosses my path gets treated with respect until they prove they don't deserve it. Then they become non-issues. I drop them from my circle.

I tend to avoid confrontation whenever I can. To the point that I will not engage in conflict if it's only directed at me. However, I over react when someone crosses those that I love.

I love women. All sizes, shapes. I believe they are much better people in every way than men.

good answer
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'd like to think that I'm the same on and off. But it really depends on the company I'm in. When I'm with my boys, I'm definitely the same. And if I know people well enough I'm the same. But if I'm not familiar with people I'm more introverted offline than I am online. Online I seem to have the ability to better express myself through written communication. Offline, it's a little more difficult for me to express something verbally. Probably because I think I'm a little slow when it comes to wit. lol
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think my signature says it all for me...although I am a bit of a smart@$$ if you know me personally. I have a unique splash of awesomeness about me too! I believe in being who you are.
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    I'm not awesome, but I am transparent and real, online or off ;) God made me the way I am and who can argue with Him??
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I'm very different online to how I am in person. In person I'm shy, find it hard to keep a conversation going, and am generally quite withdrawn..as sad as it sounds, I have no friends in real life (other than family members). Whereas online, I'm much better at saying what I want to say...some would say I talk to much...and I have a lot of friends online. I find it much easier to be myself online than in reality - which probably sounds stupid..but it's true!

This

And this
    I'm totally different, very shy, not outgoing whatsoever. I would be the last person to talk to you in a crowded room and that would probably only be to mumble an "excuse me please" with my head down if you were blocking my escape route. I love the internet as it has given me a tad more confidence as before, I'd have just waited patiently for someone to move. If I'm with friends I can pick up on their confidence a little but alone, forget it.
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    In person I am more of a B*. I pick on my friends more and my temper spikes lol. On here I will read what I said before I post it and try not to offend anyone. In person-- sometimes the filter between my brain and mouth is broken lol
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention the one singular thing that will set me in motion. I HATE bullies. If you want to get a reaction out of me just bully someone in front of me. I will react. Verbally, physically or legally. Whatever it takes. I dislike people that use their physicality, position in life, intelligence, etc. to bully someone.

If any one thing has caused me problems in life, it is my reaction to bullying.

While I am being outspoken; I don't like gangs. I define gangs as anyone that puts the welfare of the organization they are in over the welfare of any individual. That is a very wide definition and would inclue, bike gangs, crips, bloods, political parties, religious factions, cub scouts, girl scouts, whatever. If you think your organization deserves special consideration over the individual, then I don't care for you or your organization.
  • luvinlifesst
    Options
    LOL @ Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!! I am who I am on and off line........ love me or hate me your choice!!!!! I fight for what I believe in and change only for myself! I stand by my faily and friends and if you hurt me....there is NO second chance for you to hurt me again! :flowerforyou:
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You always pose good, thought provoking questions!! I'm pretty much the same both online and in person. I am shy and quiet, maybe reserved is a better word. And I definitely keep it real...I do consisider myself awesome, but I have no illusions about myself either. I'm awesome, but I'm not perfect. But I am an encourager, and I have the gift of helps. So even if I wanted to just be quiet and exist, I have to give help, support and encouragement to both my online friends and my offline friends. Most people don't even believe that I'm shy, but that's because when the Holy Spirit takes over, there is no shyness. God wants me to give help, encouragement and support, so that's what I do. And as I do what God tells me to do, He works on me to be a better me. More confident, bolder, and comfortable in who I am and who He called me to be.:flowerforyou:
  • I forgot to mention the one singular thing that will set me in motion. I HATE bullies. If you want to get a reaction out of me just bully someone in front of me. I will react. Verbally, physically or legally. Whatever it takes. I dislike people that use their physicality, position in life, intelligence, etc. to bully someone.

If any one thing has caused me problems in life, it is my reaction to bullying.

While I am being outspoken; I don't like gangs. I define gangs as anyone that puts the welfare of the organization they are in over the welfare of any individual. That is a very wide definition and would inclue, bike gangs, crips, bloods, political parties, religious factions, cub scouts, girl scouts, whatever. If you think your organization deserves special consideration over the individual, then I don't care for you or your organization.

I completely agree. I work in Human Services and sometimes see the worst kinds of bullying. I work with children who have Autism and DS and Chromosomal disorders and what I see other people say about them disgusts me. The pain it causes the ones who can understand what is going on around them to that level is tragic and heartbreaking.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    What is this "offline" you speak of? :)

Love it
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I am definitely the same person on and off line. I am shy to start but once I get to know you it's all out there. Good, bad, different and a lot of times annoying. My core values do not change because we are online or in person; just the way I communicate.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Im me... Thats all I can be. I suck at pretending to be somebody Im not. Im outgoing. Very conversational with everyone. I enjoy talking to strangers in awkward situations because I have no fear of it and most of the time they do. :)

I love to have fun and joke around and above all laugh. I have a very good sense of humor and tend to be the funny guy in the circles I run in.

Im very quick witted sometimes to the point where I get myself in trouble or hurt others feelings. But Im very caring and I'm truly sorry If I do hurt your feelings,

Mostly Ive changed alot offline because of me "online" Im much more driven now than I was before.

Im just an ordinary average guy. Thank you Joe Walsh..

I hope Im viewed the same way with everyone I meet.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Offline I'm the Goddess of the Nile. Online I'm just an average girl :tongue:
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Offline I'm the Goddess of the Nile. Online I'm just an average girl :tongue:

Better than the other way around!

For me, I am WAY cooler online (like the song). Like having a 3-way.......chat. Seriously now, I'd say mostly the same. I can be too honest for my own good and just tell it like I see it, but hopefully in a tactful way.
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am a lot better looking online.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    almost forgot im more awesome in person if thats possible
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am a lot more shy offline and introverted. I'm working on the shyness but the introversion is just part of who I am.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not shy online or offline...the difference is that I'm very outspoken offline because people can see my reactions...online like many of you have said..things can be taken out of context because sarcasm , humor...or pretty much any emotion doesn't come off quite the same online as in person...so sometimes it's hard to make a point when people don't see you...I still like to say what's on my mind every once in a while, but sometimes I hold back because I don't want to come off as a jerk & hurt someones feelings online...but offline sometimes is hard to hold back...I love a good sense of humor & a good laugh..or to give a good laugh & that's another thing I do the same online & offline....=P