The Daily Water Cooler Thread

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I am wearing old jeans today and they are really loose so that feels great. I controlled myself with the birthday treats at work today so that is success! BUT...What's it take to have a scale number drop rather than go up? I know the older you get the harder to lose it. I'll be the big 5-0 in a few weeks but have been battling this issue since my early 30's. I also seem to see the scale go up after exercising due to muscle gain and water retention in my muscles. I like tangible rewards and am greedy for more!!!:ohwell:
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Finally back online - I too am 'greedy and like tangible'!! What to do with??
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    us - 'what to do with US??" doh
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I should celebrate and hang on to the successes I've had with inches and smaller jeans, hooray! But I really want to see the scale drop. Lean muscle must weigh so much more than fat!!

Snowing and gusty here in MN. Big storm and looking outside all I see is white blowing snow. No cars out and roads are covered. I feel cozy in my house under my blanket! We were able to get lots of cleaning done in our basement storeroom. I didn't not know the room could look so big. Now to call the garbage company and have them pick up all the garbage. I have to make a trip to the Good Will with a huge load! More to accomplish but I'll do it in small increments.

Have a nice evening!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    good attitude jr - just noticed the turtle on your ticker - I LUV TURTLES! I found out this weekend that our Live Healthy team is 2nd in the state! Un-freakin'believable. We aren't even doing anything crazy - just a pound or two here and there (for the other members) I'm still at 2 total. But whoo! I'm tired and wish I had a week at a spa!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I decided to weigh in today and went down 2 pounds since last formal weigh in, Woo Hoo!! I feel better now. I figure once a month weigh in might be best for me so I don't get a defeated attitude.
    Teresa, congrats on your team's second place status in the state! That's great!:flowerforyou:

I did 30 day shred and walked 2 miles with Leslie today and was pooped. Now I leave to see if my Zumba class is being held after the storm. Big exercise day if it is!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Yikes, messing up my posts! I met Congrats to mizpaden on second in the state. In my mind I was on the walking group post and talking with Teresa for a second there. Losing my mind??
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    woo!! on the loss!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Another pound this morning! I'm a weird loser...It goes in clumps then I don't see results for awhile then all of a sudden SUCCESS! My clothes feel so much better! How are the rest of you feeling? Been pretty quiet on this board for the past week.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    nothing 'good' to report - has anyone ever been to a spa - I'm dreaming it's wunderful...
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    weighing in this morning for the 'team' - hoping for a loss - could sure use it motivational wise - my chutzpah is waning
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Mizpaden-how did your weigh in go? Stick with it no matter what. After my success of 3 pounds total on my last two weigh ins I'm convinced that my body is starting to recognize the changes I"ve made and finally responding! Persevere!!!!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sigh - well no loss. (no gain) It's hard to not be disappointed. I have been sticking within my calorie range - and even this morning while getting dressed - I feel like my stomach looks better. Not like somebody is going to come up and say, "Hey, you look less puffy!" So, intellectually - I know I'm doing some good. Still... that STUPID number!!! sigh... At least I didn't throw in the towel last nite and go food crazy. Did a workout too. Some days it's just hanging on by the fingernails! Marla
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Mizpaden- you can do it and will see results soon. I was so frustrated with the numbers on the scale and now 2 months into this I'm starting to see some movement. Maybe my body is recognizing the changes and the metabolism is kicking it up? Review your friend's food diaries and see what they eat for new ideas. Change what you do for exercise to shake things up. One thing I"ve learned is to keep my sugar intake lower or I won't lose the weight.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Hello all - Happy Monday - snort. I did get two STRONG workouts in, but could have ate better.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    aaannnd it's Tuesday. Dentist this morning and hair color this afternoon. Whoo!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    mizpaden- I think you and I are the only ones left posting on this thread. Did everyone else get off track or move on to something else... I have a cold coming on and am dragging. I did Zumba last night and played volleyball and if felt like I had balls and chains attached to my ankles. I'm suppose to go out of town this weekend. I wish this cold would go away! On the upsdie, I'm still here and tracking my food and exercise working towards the next 10 pounds!:happy:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I am still here. I have been doing a Wii Challenge, and St. Patrick's Day Challenge,
    and I just joined Wii Dance 2 challenge. I think i have taken on too much. :ohwell: Anyway, that is why I have
    not been here. Not that I didn't want to say Hi!
    Not too much new to report, we did put a deposit on a new/old sailboat and should have possession of it by April. If you want to see pictures check out my profile. Can't wait for winter to end, we are planning on a vacation in April to Florida and it
    can't come too soon. :ohwell: It is March 1 and the weather is breaking a little, (Ontario, Canada here)so there is light at the
    end of the tunnel.
    Have great day everyone!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Hi again Shirley, don't take on too much burn out! - and sorry to hear about you not feeling the greatest Jenny. Way to persevere and keep after it tho! I too am keeping up with my logging and just millimeter by millimeter working it away.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Checking in today so this thread doesn't die. There are so many threads going its hard to keep up.
    Anyway, today is day off and this morning I just completed 40 mins on the Wii doing aerobics.
    Then it is off to the shower and groceries and shopping. I better get my fanny in gear. Have a great
    day u all!!:wink: