The Daily Water Cooler Thread

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    I have happy hair - yay for hair color, happy family with the great slow cooker recipe last night - french dips anyone? Have to take the 10-year-old for an othro consult this pm and then hoping to have enough ambition to get a DVD done after dinner. Left over roast beef... maybe over noodles. Go Wednesday, go!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Still feeling under the weather. A little off track with my eating and exercising due to that. Going away with work friends for a ladies weekend so that should be fun! Won't be checking in much on the weekend.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    lucky you!! (with the going away not the not feeling well) - enjoy your weekend above all else! Took the 10-year-old for an ortho consult yesterday. No surprise, he needs some work. First thing is something called an expander. Should be exciting (sarcasm font.)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Jrbanta:

Sorry your not feeling well, there is so much going around these days with the up and down
    in the tempertures. Get better soon.

Weekend food challenge, Saturday night dinner with friends its hubby's birthday on Monday. Birthday party
    on Sunday for our 7 year old twins in the family. So I have some challenges which is always my downfall.
    So wish me luck. :tongue:
    I have been doing the St. Patrick's Day challenge and I had to weigh in today. Been struggling with that too.
    I do exercise everyday from at least 30-40 mins. You would think the weight would dropping off. :ohwell:
  • Shirley61
    Options
    :smooched: Hi all,
    Day off today just did 55 mins. strength training and weights this morning.
    Doing some errands this morning and then I just don't know yet.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Lucky you with the day off - it is 'month end' here and makes my 'team leader' extra fun (sarcasm font). I am up a pound this week and just working really hard to keep my mind from going to the 'just give it up place.' thankfully I saw Shirley's quote...it doesn't matter how slow you go - just keep moving. That really struck me today. I will keep moving. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Happy friday all!!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Booyah! Cardio strength last nite and ultimate cardio/circuit today. That's right. I am not going down without a fight! Oh. I keep seeing this popup ad for 'the new sonoma diet.' My sis loves wine. and I say the other day - look you can pour yourself thin. She looks at me like...WTF??? She thought I said, "*kitten* yourself thin." LMAO.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    mizpaden:

Please don't stop with your weight loss, I know it gets tiresome and motivation goes down the drain,
    but keep it up and you WILL lose.
    Today was snow shoveling for 30 mins at 245 calories. I will take that. Thank G my hubby finished the rest with
    the snowblower. I am beat. :tongue:
    We are going to the see the twins today who are having a birthday party for the family, and they just turned "7".

Yesterday was pouring rain and most of the snow was gone. Today a new day of fresh 2 inches of snow (that really sucks)
    :sad:
    Have a great Sunday no matter what your day brings. :laugh:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I'm back from my ladies' weekend up north. It was fun, lots of laughs, healthy food (can't believe how healthy we ate), and lots of snow shoeing and walking so I burned a ton of calories. My cold is almost gone and my energy is back!

Mizpaden-don't give up on your plan. One day at a time and just keep doing what you can to stay on track. I'm a very slow loser so I just know that it will be a long time before I see my first goal weight let alone my second. I'm thinking slow and steady to my end goal! You can do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Shirley61
    Options
    JR: Glad to hear you had a great weekend with your gal pals and u are feeling energetic.

Twins birthday party was a success and there were another 11 or so
    kids there just to make the noise level unbearable :laugh:
    Managed to keep weight at bay this weekend so I was happy. :bigsmile:

Today is D's birthday and he is 61 and having a sore back. Guess that comes with age :laugh:
    We might go out for dinner tonight I left it up to him.

Cold today in the teens and had to shovel snow again on Sunday at least 3 inches or more. :ohwell:
    It will start warming up this week. Yaaaaaay!:drinker:
    Have a great day everyone!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    JR - excited for you and your weekend. Sounds great. Shirley - kids bday parties are not my cup of tea. The noise level does not give me a sense of fun and excitement - it just gives me a headache! And they're MY kids. Supposedly - I'll miss that someday. It's snowing pretty dang heavy here and it had all just cleared away over the weekend. Wouldn't be Nebraska without a good March snowfall. Hopefully is goes away just as fast. Onward!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    It's been years since my sons' birthday parties. They were always chaotic with all the noise and activity. I remember feeling relieved when all the kids had gone home. I don't miss those parties but birthday celebrations are pretty low key now that they are teens and 20's.:ohwell:
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sooooo tired - the 6-year-old has some sort of bug that has him up coughing most of the night - tropic'd up the bedroom last night with the vaporizer, propped him on a pile of pillows, and then I would try to sit him up when the fit began. I am zonked. I am just not built for the short nights. A big reason on the only two minion - SLEEP! I hope it's better tonite - I've had him in several other times for these symptoms - but its seems to be viral. It's just so miserable. Lent starts tomorrow - and I should be getting back into the choir swing of things - but life keeps getting in the way. Hopefully God understands!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Oh he does!! Have a good night. :bigsmile:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    mizpaden-sorry your child is sick. Those are hard nights when they don't feel well and all that you do does not make them comfortable. Hope you get some sleep!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    last night was better - hopefully we are over the hump - fingers crossed. Thanks so much for the kind words yesterday - hope your weeks are going well!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies:

Pouring rain here today and snow on the way but not too much I hope. :sad:

Day off today so I went shopping and left my umbrella in the change room and had
    to go back and get it. :blushing:

I hope I do well on weigh in tomorrow for the St. Pat's challenge because its almost over.
    Now I started the Easter challenge, at least it keeps me accountable. Their weigh-ins are
    on Mondays. That is always tough after the weekend. My Monday weigh-ins are never too good.

Mizpaden: Glad to hear your son is doing better. I remember when my daughters used to get
    sick you feel so helpless. They are 28 and 30 now but when they are really sick they still call
    me and want some kind words from mom. :smooched:
  • jrbanta
    Options
    My 16 year old son has what I had last week. He's coughing constantly! I know he is miserable. Tomorrow is my last day in the 40's and then I begin my 50's! Wow hard to believe how fast time has gone. I still feel young and want to get in shape to look younger than my age and feel energetic. A younger woman at work told me I don't look older than 42 whatever that means but it made me feel good anyway.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    You both are amazing and an inspiration to me! I'm sure it doesn't matter how 'old' your kids are. When they're sick - you just want them better! For some the husband just called me at work and put the boys on and the 6-year-old ended up in tears (I think b/c he and dad were having a moment), but I am practically in tears - b/c here I am somewhere where I can't look him in the eye and hug him. Stupid move dad!! Now I am going to be emotional all day worrying about the boy.MEN!

Happy bday to you JR!!! Almost weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Happy BDay to you JR !!!!:flowerforyou:

It is pouring rain here today again and again tomorrow. :sad:
    Of course this could be snow :cry:
    So we have to count our blessings.

JR - I remember when I turned 50 it was pretty traumatic.
    I hope you are doing well with it.
    Next month I will be 62 so I remember the fifty's faintly. :laugh:

Time goes marching on !!!! Question, whatever happened to the lady who started this thread?
    Have a great day you guys.