EA Sports Active 2 - Motivation Thread - Everyone welcome

Options
Just thought I'd start the thread here for my EA Sports Active 2 friends from fb & the EA forums. Let's do it!

Replies

• SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Are you on Wii? I am currently on workout 5 (today) of the 9 week program and would love to join a group over here as well!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to join us here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144653-ea-sports-active-2-9-week-challenge
    we could totally use some motivation :wink:
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Are you on Wii? I am currently on workout 5 (today) of the 9 week program and would love to join a group over here as well!

Not on wii, I'm on the xbox360 & I love the program. This group started at the EA forum, moved to fb, and now it's here at mfp, there's 2 fb groups that I belong to, they don't know each other, so I'm hoping they both join this thread. One is 30 x 30 & the other is EASA2 Motivation Everyone Welcome.

And everyone here doing the EASA2 is welcome to join this thread.
  • xxjessikatxx
    Options
    i have an xbox as well..I was actually thinking of buying the game..Is it worth it?
  • janesmith1
    Options
    i have an xbox as well..I was actually thinking of buying the game..Is it worth it?

YES! It's the best exergame out there!!! You will need to buy Kinect too so that it sees you. I've been exergaming since the first one came out - Yourself Fitness, and I've had many exergames over the years as well as exercising dvds. This is the best hands down.
  • steffie88
    Options
    Im on workout 6 of the wii 9 week challenge. Busted my butt on the hard calorie burn today and nearly died. I love it cause' I sweat buckets and I have noticed my legs are getting a lot firmer. woo hoo!!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Im on workout 6 of the wii 9 week challenge. Busted my butt on the hard calorie burn today and nearly died. I love it cause' I sweat buckets and I have noticed my legs are getting a lot firmer. woo hoo!!

That's the thing about this program - it really BUSTS your buns! I sweat like I never have before!
  • Mgeorg
    Mgeorg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Mark. I followed Jane over. Did workout 16 of the 9 week on hard today. I'm actually caught up on workouts for a change. 304 calories today, 3 (yes 3) sets of mountain climbers! I'm just under 220 pounds, 52 years old. Looking to get to 210 by the end of my nine weeks.

Also want to say that I really love the myfitnesspal app on my Droid. You should have seen the look on my friends faces when I scanned my beer at the bowling alley the other night.
  • janesmith1
    Options

Forgot to tell you that all of the platforms are welcome into this thread. :):)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Mark. I followed Jane over. Did workout 16 of the 9 week on hard today. I'm actually caught up on workouts for a change. 304 calories today, 3 (yes 3) sets of mountain climbers! I'm just under 220 pounds, 52 years old. Looking to get to 210 by the end of my nine weeks.

Also want to say that I really love the myfitnesspal app on my Droid. You should have seen the look on my friends faces when I scanned my beer at the bowling alley the other night.

LOL...too funny Mark! I'm sure you'll be able to get to your goal with cal counting & exercise! The beer thing is hilarious! Mountain climbers is one heckuva an exercise - they haven't made me do it yet but I've seen my husband do it and it looks killer.
  • getripped23
    Options
    Hey Mark =)... I know exactly what you mean about the myfitnesspal app. I showed my mother how it works and she was so impressed and motivated by how convenient it was for her to log everything on a portable device that she went an bought a smartphone the next day lol I love this site..its just awesome!!
  • getripped23
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Nikki. I have an xbox 360 with kinect and was contemplating getting the EA game for extra exercise outside of my regular routine...I do intense cardio 6 days a week...would you say the game provides more of an intense workout that should be done on its own or is it more focused on just getting you up on your feet more during the day? Thanks :smile:
  • jaedre
    jaedre Posts: 22
    Options
    I have the Kinect and been looking into buying EA Active 2 but was a little hesitant on buying it because all of the other cheesy workout games that are available. After reading this thread i've have changed my mind. Thank You Guys
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Nikki. I have an xbox 360 with kinect and was contemplating getting the EA game for extra exercise outside of my regular routine...I do intense cardio 6 days a week...would you say the game provides more of an intense workout that should be done on its own or is it more focused on just getting you up on your feet more during the day? Thanks :smile:

Nikki what intense cardio program are you doing? Is it a class or a dvd?

Check out one of the trailers here for EASA2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mGP-36Val4
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I have the Kinect and been looking into buying EA Active 2 but was a little hesitant on buying it because all of the other cheesy workout games that are available. After reading this thread i've have changed my mind. Thank You Guys

YW, it IS the best workout out there.....and it's the best exergame.......
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Today is first of 2 days off from the program. I'm actually really glad to get these two days off as I have tons to do.......
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Wow, where is everyone? Anyways, how is everyone doing on their calorie counts today? I know most of us have 2 days off of our exercise program....so hang in there everyone!
  • mrsbolanos
    mrsbolanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love EASA 2 but find myself dreading the final weeks of the 9 week program. I am getting my butt kicked!!! I went snowshoeing today and MFP says I burned 777 calories. I need to buy a HRM so I can see if that is true. Any suggestions on a good one?
  • Wendi_S
    Wendi_S Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Wendi- I was so excited for XBOX360 to come out with the Kinect. I've been addicted to gaming for a few years now- funny huh, a gamer mom? I used to sit on my exercise ball infront of the tv and try to convince myself I was working out_ strengthening my core- while playing MW2. I also tried to convince my husband to set up the bike trainer in the living room so I could pedal and play Black Ops- he didn't go for that. So when Kinect came out I was all for it. I couldn't wait to try the exercise games. I purchased YourShape first and didn't think it was that bad. The cardio boxing games were kind of fun and the kids could play along with me. But once you started getting more into the actual workouts I found it very slow and there was a lot of down time- between sets and 'classes'. Last week I went out and purchased EA Sports Active 2. What a difference. Right away I knew it was going to be a better match for me. Devon, my personal trainer, is so supportive and encouraging, I have a slight virtual crush on him- LOL The hrm however is bulky and inaccurate- I use my own along with the provided one- and the bands that came with it are kind of flimsy so I just use my own bands also.

I am using EA Sports Active 2 along side P90X which I do 4-5 days a week.
  • mrsbolanos
    mrsbolanos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Since I am getting tired of the 9 week deal....what are some of your favorite custom workouts??