EA Sports Active 2 - Motivation Thread - Everyone welcome

Options

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Burned 342.8 cals.

Re-weighed right before going to workout 239!

I'm on the middle hook of my bra! This is AWESOME!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    janesmith-- whoo hoo!! Well Done!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

I was going to start the 9 week program today after finishing the 3 week program yesterday...but my whole body aches.. i realized i haven't taken a day off from exercise in 3 weeks so i think this was my body telling me to take a break. :huh:

during the 3 week kick start I lost 2kgs and quite a few inchs. Don't know how many but I can now wear shorts I wasn't able to fit into comfortably last week.

Really looking forward to the 9 week challenge. Will start it either tomorrow or Sunday morning! :flowerforyou:
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm actually thinking of doing the CKS again. I don't really like 9 week things, even if I do it for a year, same schedule (M, T, TH, F - with W, S, SU off)....just going for 3 weeks seems attainable to me rather than 9 week. Heck I had to do the CKS on EASY the entire time. It still kicks my behind!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Does anyone else yell at the trainer? :embarassed: I've been doing some of the other exercises along with the 9 week program, and ... those mountain climbers are horrible! And I let my "trainer" know exactly how I feel about them.

There was a study a few years back that swearing helps relieve pain. If so... I'd hate to see how I'd be feeling if I wasn't cussin' like a drunken sailor! :laugh:

Today I was silently saying SU because she was telling me to "work harder" or whatever she says....lol!
  • peteyTwang
    Options
    Hi -- I'm Pete just joined here by way of Jane's invitation in the EA Sports 2 Motivational Group thread.
    I'm 50 years old...5'9" currently weigh 190 - goal weight is to get back down to 180 again which I maintained for about two years when i reached "lifetime" member status at Weight Watchers in 2008 - before reaching that goal I actually weighed up to ~260+!!!
    I picked up the game on PS3 and just finished the "Cardio Quick Start" program today...ready to start the next challenge.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Awesome Pete! Tomorrow is my last day of working out on CKS. I guess I will be moving over to the 9 week program on Monday.

I have lost 5 lbs so far!!!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Good Morning! Guten Morgen! It's the last day of my Cardio Kickstart and I'm really excited. Monday I'll be doing the 9 week program!!!!!

I had a bit of a binge eating setback last night so my weight probably went up a bit but I'm back on the MFP program!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Going to up my weights today from 2 lbs to 3 lbs!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Since I appear to be the only person posting in this group I'll close it and refer everyone to the other group here for it

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/144653-ea-sports-active-2-9-week-challenge
  • misshannah
    Options
    Does anyone else yell at the trainer? :embarassed: I've been doing some of the other exercises along with the 9 week program, and ... those mountain climbers are horrible! And I let my "trainer" know exactly how I feel about them.

There was a study a few years back that swearing helps relieve pain. If so... I'd hate to see how I'd be feeling if I wasn't cussin' like a drunken sailor! :laugh:

Today I was silently saying SU because she was telling me to "work harder" or whatever she says....lol!

I was definitely yelling at my trainer today when the final lot of fire feet(?) came up. Just did my first day of the 9 week challenge on hard. They are not lying about the hard part!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My inlaws bought it for me in January. They came for a visit last weekend, and I'm about 20 pounds lighter now, thanks to that game. I meant to fire it up and show them how it works...

I'm glad I didn't. :laugh: I did two trainer generated workouts the other day, an upper body one and a core one. The core one had back to back flutter kicks, reverse crunches and leg lifts. Flutter kicks... I'm good at. No problem. Reverse crunches? Get a little hard after the flutter kicks. The leg lifts? I screamed at the tv, "What?! It's the same g*dd*mn f*cking thing!!!"

To add insult to injury, I didn't wait long enough between lifts a few times, and got the dreaded, "You're not EXACTLY completing that rep. Watch me..." nag. Another stream of profanities followed, along with my favorite exercise, the "bilateral middle finger extension." :wink:

Yeah. Probably best the inlaws didn't see that.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Oh hi! This thread is alive again! Awesome! Let's bring it back!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I'm back to working out with this on the 3 week program on EASY & then I'm using my HRM and doing Yoga with it adding a lot of cal burns with it. I've had a lot of injuries...so it works out best for me.

I have to say the EASA2 on HARD really made my buns smaller, my husband noticed that!
  • rodmanpt
    Options
    Hello Everyone.

I am new to this community and to this thread aswell.

I am using EA Sports Active 2 with the goal to get a more flat belly and better abs. I am trying to gain some muscle (weight) aswell.

Maybe you can help me on building custom workouts to achieve my goal.

Feel free to add me as friend.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Hi there, I find that EASA2 does not do a good enough round of abs. I'm using Meghan White's Perfect Abs dvd daily, and that helps more and for triceps, I don't feel that EASA2 works well for that either. After I do my 4x a week EASA2 workouts I do Tricep Kickbacks & Chair Dips for triceps.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Another day on the HARD setting, I think this is day 2!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Another day on the HARD setting, doing this with the DH.
  • loved1
    loved1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    day 3 of the 9 week challenge on medium setting. Planning to switch to hard for my next workout.
  • loved1
    Options
    Completed Basketball workout (hard) 50 mins., ABPM 128, 354 calories burned
    The mountain climbers & the flutter kicks are hard. I'm going to have to work on those.
  • loved1
    Options
    Ending week 5 of my second round of the 9 week challenge. The challenged ends 12/30. I will complete this round with no missed workouts.