EA Sports Active 2 - Motivation Thread - Everyone welcome

Options

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    How was everyone's Monday going with their workouts?
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Since I am getting tired of the 9 week deal....what are some of your favorite custom workouts??

I have the EASA2 for our PS3. It comes with an armband sensor for the right arm and leg, and a HRM for the left arm. I LOVE this thing! It's so cool!!

I just created a couple of custom workouts over the last week. I didn't start on the cardio or the 9 week challenge yet, I was just cruising through the custom workouts to see what types of exercises I liked. I exercise during the week when my kids are at school, so some days I have 2 1/2 hours, some days I only have an hour or an hour and a half. So I went through and added my choice of warm ups, cardio, whole body activities, core and cool down exercises. One is about a 25 minute cardio workout, no resistance band exercises, one is a 400 calorie burn that's about 35 minutes. Then I go to some of the custom workouts, too. I totally rotate depending on how much time I have to exercise.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Hi Bridget!!! Welcome & I notice we're almost the same weight...awesome! Agree that EASA2 is the most awesome exergame ever. It's great you've been at it since November! My DH (dear husband) has been at it on the PS3 since December, so we actually have 2 platforms for it. He started off with the 9 week, I started off with the Kickstart Cardio.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Having issues getting out of bed again.....
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 of the 9 week challenge. I am loving it and really noticing a difference in myself. I will say one thing and that is I F***ing HATE stride jumps!
  • getripped23
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm Nikki. I have an xbox 360 with kinect and was contemplating getting the EA game for extra exercise outside of my regular routine...I do intense cardio 6 days a week...would you say the game provides more of an intense workout that should be done on its own or is it more focused on just getting you up on your feet more during the day? Thanks :smile:

Nikki what intense cardio program are you doing? Is it a class or a dvd?

Check out one of the trailers here for EASA2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mGP-36Val4

I'm currently doing a dvd routine similar to P90X..its 6 days a week for 90 days
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I am on week 3 of the 9 week challenge. I am loving it and really noticing a difference in myself. I will say one thing and that is I F***ing HATE stride jumps!

LOL....me too. I just go slow, or sometimes faster.....it's killer!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Finally did IT! 157.3 cals......I'm thinking that since I'm such a weakling that I might do another round of Cardio Kickstart on Easy for another 3 weeks. My DH is pushing me to get into the 9 week program on Easy but I'm kind of scared.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    My god I just took my "before weight loss" couple of pix of myself and it's SCARY......I gotta lose weight!
  • Mgeorg
    Mgeorg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 157, and don't be scared of the 9 weeks. Just keep at it, and get a little better each day.
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I use the kinect active 2 for my workouts and I love it! I am doing the nine week program and do custom workouts on the rest days. Feel free to add me as a friend..I need and love the motivation :smile: This is an awesome thread btw!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Hi everybody all i will say is iam still loving this game and its still kicking my butt.I have had it since nov when 1st came out My fav custom workout is steps and boxing put together really is a good workout

Max great to see you! This is my last week of the 3 week Cardio Kickstart program, so NEXT Monday I will be starting on my 9 week journey........

How are your energy levels?

Mine are up and down, today - none, so I had to have chai tea to get me started with my day, I'll see how I am tomorrow, tomorrow is most of our day's off right? Wednesday, Sat & Sun, right? I do plan on walking to the store with DH to buy some groceries - that's 277 cals walked off.....:smile:
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Met my first wl goal! Blood, sweats, tears, & calorie countings!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else yell at the trainer? :embarassed: I've been doing some of the other exercises along with the 9 week program, and ... those mountain climbers are horrible! And I let my "trainer" know exactly how I feel about them.

There was a study a few years back that swearing helps relieve pain. If so... I'd hate to see how I'd be feeling if I wasn't cussin' like a drunken sailor! :laugh:
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I use the kinect active 2 for my workouts and I love it! I am doing the nine week program and do custom workouts on the rest days. Feel free to add me as a friend..I need and love the motivation :smile: This is an awesome thread btw!

Good to see you IAMBAYD! It's an awesome training program for sure!!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Can't wait till tomorrow!!!! These will be my LAST 2 DAYS of Cardio Kickstart! Then it's onto the 9 week program, starting at EASY....my husband is already doing this program on HARD, with his 10 lb weights....can't WAIT till tomorrow morning!

Plus we walked today together and he said I went faster than usual.
  • palajam
    Options
    Hi I signed up here yesterday on Jane's advice. I have been using the calorie counter for the past two weeks and find that it really helps me focus on my calorie in take.
    I have been using EA sportsactive2 since early December and have just completed the 9 week program on med. My starting weight was 108kgs I dropped 2kgs in the first month then came Christmas. I stuck on 106kgs throughout. Then I began to focus again it took a lot of effort to get the weight moving again. Over the past two weeks I have dropped to 103.5kgs today.
    I have just started the 9 week program on hard but I am finding the workouts easier than the last three weeks on med. So I hope it does not effect my weight loss.
    I also walk/jog 5K every day.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Excellent! Keep checking back - good to see you here!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Lost another .8 ounces, I'm down officially to 240.0 instead of 240.8 - getting ready to do my workout. Going to change my ticker.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Here I go! I have the HRM on! Going! See you back here shortly!