EA Sports Active 2 - Motivation Thread - Everyone welcome

Options

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Someone wanted HRM info on this thread & I happened to bump into this on another part of the forum

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • janesmith1
    Options
    At this moment I'm at 1420 cals and my daily goal is 1630! Hoping I can stick to being *under* :)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Check out this table of fats & oils & their calories.......

http://www.dietbites.com/calorieindexfats.html

Something to consider!
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody all i will say is iam still loving this game and its still kicking my butt.I have had it since nov when 1st came out My fav custom workout is steps and boxing put together really is a good workout
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Guten morgen! Today's my last day of "freedom" - tomorrow it's back to the killer program! I love having some days off from it since....well you know. It's killer!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Ok I might have to get this video game. I like to switch up my programs to keep my body guessing. I've been losing really well that way. Its nice to know that this game doesn't have the lag time like the Your Shape. That was really my only complaint about that game. I like to keep rolling.
  • Lisamarie7574
    Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I just finished the 3 week Cardio Kickstart and I'm about to start the 9 week program on Wii - LOVE EA Sports Active 2! I also really liked the first EA Active and the "More Workouts" supplement, but the EA2 is fabulous! I was so glad to find others on THIS site who are ALSO doing EASA2! I'm a mom of 2 in my mid 30's and thought I'd join this thread to gather some more support for this journey of dropping some pounds and getting in better shape. I'd love to hear from any of you! Especially any of you in this "thirty-something Mom" boat!

Have a great one!
    :) Lisa
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Ok I might have to get this video game. I like to switch up my programs to keep my body guessing. I've been losing really well that way. Its nice to know that this game doesn't have the lag time like the Your Shape. That was really my only complaint about that game. I like to keep rolling.

Do it do it!!! You WILL love it! I had the original Yourself Fitness exergame from 7 years ago, and I know that YSFE is based on that game......all I can say is come on over!!!! YOU WILL LOVE IT! :)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I just finished the 3 week Cardio Kickstart and I'm about to start the 9 week program on Wii - LOVE EA Sports Active 2! I also really liked the first EA Active and the "More Workouts" supplement, but the EA2 is fabulous! I was so glad to find others on THIS site who are ALSO doing EASA2! I'm a mom of 2 in my mid 30's and thought I'd join this thread to gather some more support for this journey of dropping some pounds and getting in better shape. I'd love to hear from any of you! Especially any of you in this "thirty-something Mom" boat!

Have a great one!
    :) Lisa

I will be finishing my Cardio Kickstart this next week, I'm right there with you, I'll be on the 9 week workout shortly! Can't wait though this exergame kills me.....and I LOVE IT! I sweat literally BUCKETS with it.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I am doing it on PS3. I am doing the 9 week fitness program and today I did my 11th workout. I am definitely noticing a difference in my fitness.

There is no way I could do those reverse crunches in the beginning. I would try but my legs would fall immediately to the ground. Now that I have been doing the other ab moves, they have worked out my abs so well that yesterday I could do 6/10 of the reverse crunches for the first time! I was soooo excited just like when someone who can't do a pull up (which I can't) does one for the first time.
  • Lisamarie7574
    Options
    Wait till you get to those Leg Raises - have you done those yet? My abs were BURNIN'! It's all good, though, it's all good!
  • Lisamarie7574
    Options
    Yeah, and one of the things I like better about this one than the first EA Active is that it gives you trophies more often......every 100 calories, every hour......I love that. You feel like you're accomplishing something!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I am really looking forward to getting back to this tomorrow....2 days off is nice, plus Wednesdays. It makes me want to work out all the more on Monday, so I'm looking forward to my workout tomorrow. This will be my last week of Cardio Kickstart, then it's onto the 9 week program.

This is the first time I'm counting calories & exercising, and I think it makes a HUGE difference....ie, success is practically guaranteed.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Oh gosh I forgot to add this, tomorrow morning I'll have to do an official weigh in on my EASA2 program too. Wish me luck!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm on my last week of the 3 week Cardio kick start on the Hard setting. Loving every painful sweat filled minute of it!! :happy:

Going to Start the 9 week challenge on this coming Sunday... How hard is it?? If i do that one on hard am I going to die???:huh: LOL
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I'm on my last week of the 3 week Cardio kick start on the Hard setting. Loving every painful sweat filled minute of it!! :happy:

Going to Start the 9 week challenge on this coming Sunday... How hard is it?? If i do that one on hard am I going to die???:huh: LOL

My husband says that he doubts it's that much harder. Have you done the Mountain Climbers yet? And he says you can make it more intense by using your own weights (we have our own weights here & don't use the stretchy thing). My husband uses 10 lb weights and I use 2 lb weights.

Yep this will kill you and it will feel soo good!!!!!! In a good way! Hope you have a towel ready for your sweat!
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Yes I've done those nasty little things they call mountain climbers. I think climbing a mountain would be less painful :grumble: :laugh: my mistake was doing one of the trainer work outs on my off days...first time i had to mountain climbers.... 150 of them!!! :noway: glad when it came time do them in the challenge i only had to do 40. :ohwell:

Ok I WILL do the challenge on hard then! whats the worse that can happen right? :embarassed: :sick: LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    We got this over the weekend for the PS3, and I just started it today... the 9 week challenge on medium. It's fun and I'm amazed at how sweaty I got!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Good morning! Guten morgen! I'm in bed ready to go but not quite awake yet. Scared, I'm always scared, then I do it and it's fine. I even look forward to doing the workout then on the mornings I do it I get scared. Trying to rev up to get out of bed and go and do this....
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Whew, finally did it, 145.8 cals :smile: