Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 4

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    So I weighed myself this morning on my home scale because I didn't get to do it yesterday. I'm up 5lbs to 165lb. I'm not really worried about it though. I know it isn't fat because I've been tracking my calories and working out. It would have been physically impossible for me to gain 5lbs of fat last week. I'm going to attribute it to new the lifting and running programs I just began. I know they can cause a temporary increase in weight due to increased glycogen stores. I'm hoping for a net loss next week.

My goals this week are to continue my workouts, stay under my calories everyday even on Saturday when I am going out for Indian, and to rock my 12 mile hike on Sunday.

Gosh, that was so refreshing to hear!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    So I weighed myself this morning on my home scale because I didn't get to do it yesterday. I'm up 5lbs to 165lb. I'm not really worried about it though. I know it isn't fat because I've been tracking my calories and working out. It would have been physically impossible for me to gain 5lbs of fat last week. I'm going to attribute it to new the lifting and running programs I just began. I know they can cause a temporary increase in weight due to increased glycogen stores. I'm hoping for a net loss next week.

My goals this week are to continue my workouts, stay under my calories everyday even on Saturday when I am going out for Indian, and to rock my 12 mile hike on Sunday.

Gosh, that was so refreshing to hear!!! :flowerforyou:
    :laugh: what do you mean?
  • RachVR6

No pity party. You acknowledged the logical explanation for your gain and moved on. :flowerforyou:
  • Even though I lost last week, I feel like I fell off the wagon a bit.

This week's goals:
    Keep my Nalgene filled!!!
    Get the motivation to get out of bed in the morning to exercise. The snooze button has become my best friend this past week!
    Resist eating on campus (except for the occasional skim latte). No need to buy food and waste money and calories when I can bring my own yummies to school.

I actually have my own "desk" at school...as soon as the old grad student clears her stuff out. looking forward to making it "my own" and storing tea and healthy snacks for my mid-day munchies

GREAT JOB LADIES!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    - Walk at least an hour on the treadmill daily.
    - Keep telling myself that it's TOM week and I really haven't gained that much because it's not realistic.
    - Drink more water instead of orange juice.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Thank you Rach for all of the hard work that you put into our chart! You do a great job! I love having someone to be accountable to. Thanks!!!
  • WriteNovels
    WriteNovels Posts: 56 Member
    Yay! Even though I didn't lose weight this week, I feel so much better.

I am kinda sick today. If I can't make it through the Shred, I will do pilates. Sometimes the cardio in Shred makes me so much worse. I will try though.

Goals:
    1. Keep up with the water!
    2. Don't buy any fast food again.
    3. Don't go crazy on the "girls night" I am hosting.
    4. Wake up earlier, so I'm not such a crazy in the morning!

Great job everyone! Keep it up!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Outstanding work last week!

I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, But I did weigh in, 109 on my birthday! What a gift. I got rid of those 2.5 pesky pounds I gained back after reaching my goal weight plus another 1.5, I think. So, now I'm really done. I can comfortably fluctuate a couple of pounds and be within a couple of pounds of my goal weight. I just have to figure out how to do maintenance. This week is the beginning of my third phase of p90x! I'm almost done!!!

Goals for the week:
    Water!!!
    6 workouts
    10k training 3 days, (1 down, 2 to go)
    WATER!!!
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Great job ladies!
  • JoyousRen
    No pity party. You acknowledged the logical explanation for your gain and moved on. :flowerforyou:
    I'm having a little one. I just know it isn't really a big deal. :tongue: but thanks. :flowerforyou:
  • Fantastic job ladies!!! You're all so inspiring! And thank you Rachel for being keeper of the chart!!

I have really been struggling these past few weeks. I don't know what's going on with me, but I have no energy. I wake up in the morning and I'm still tired, and I can't even think about working out. Work has been crazy hectic and I started back to school and my class is a Lit class, so very reading intensive. I think I'm mentally exhausted, but not necessarily physically exhausted. But I"m missing that essential extra mental push that I need to workout.

Anyways. I joined this group to keep myself accountable. I joined MFP in October, and lost 5 pounds, and I haven't lost another ounce since. Only bounced back and forth in the same 2-4 pound cycle. So, my boyfriend started his Biggest Loser contest at work yesterday, so at least now I'm not the only one in the house working towards losing weight.

So, goals this week are:

1. Drink all water every day
    2. Cook enough this week so that I have leftovers to avoid eating out
    3. Don't bail on the lunch I pack because I don't feel like eating leftovers
    4. Watch my sodium intake
    5. Get in at least 3 sessions of at least 10 min of physical activity (whatever form it comes in!!)

We're going into NYC this weekend to see Phantom of the Opera, so if I can make it through until Monday and have one more week of maintain, I'll consider myself to have met my goals. And this is the last week I will accept "maintenance" from myself.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    just changed my ticker to a goal of 200lbs... that's my first goal anyway. Look at that butterfly... more than halfway there! ;)
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Rach... is it hard to do the chart? I'm thinking of starting another thread on here as well... so just curious if it would be a lot of work to do the chart? or maybe just make a list of names and have them update their weights? thanks! :)
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    great job, gals! everyone is doing so well!

my only goal this week is to make sure i am eating at least 1200 NET calories a day. i think the reason why my weight loss had slowed/stalled was because i wasn't eating A LOT of my exercise calories. i ate a bit more last week and that was successful so i'm going to try again this week!

here's to another great week! keep it up everyone!
  • Rachel, just wanted to say THANK YOU for doing this for us!!!!!! :flowerforyou: Even though I've just started and went down a lb. and then up a lb. I'm learning a lot and everyone's success on this is so inspirational! This week is going really well and the support and motivation from this is awesome- thanks everyone- and Rachel!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Looking good girls! We have some ladies here who are really rocking it!

My goals this week are to try to stick to clean eating and get in at least 5 workouts. I am going to stay strong and not let stress in my life sabotage me and ruin what I feel good about!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Well, after a weekend of horrible tooth/mouth pains, throbbing and stabbong feelings, ugh, it was HORRIBLE.. I called the dentist and got my appt in this morning. Had to have Nick's mom take me in (which was actually GREAT!) and my tooth is infected. I am on amoxicillin and hydrocodin and I have to have oral surgery to have 2 teeth cut out in about 10 days. Problem was, I was never put on Nick's insurance, so I was really worried about the cost of everything. Luckily the dentist is a distant relative of Nicks and will just bill us later on. Well, when Nick's mom heard I wasn't covered, she took me to the union hall and had the secretary (the whole family is good friends with the hall, thank goodness!) call in and add me to medical/dental and prescrip. Well, problem was I needed the pills like, a week ago, and with Nick being out of work for a week it was looking bad. So, we went to Walgreens and gave them all the info...my 'scrips cost $3.54!! TOTAL!! The insurance literally covered me *snap* like that! THANK GOODNESS! My oral suregery last time for one tooth was $300...so hopefully it's only half or so.

My food yesterday was crap..yogurt, peanut butter, milk... now that I have pain pills, I can eat a little more.. I want a cheeseburger soooo bad though..not chancing that til after my surgery though.

I hope you all are having a great week, mine is finally looking up..
  • RachVR6
    So now, my boyfriend and I are talking about buying a treadmill. You can get a basic one for just over $100, and having one in our spare bedroom means I can work out in the mornings (which I prefer) and will help me get little bits of exercise in here and there when I start school (hopefully soon) and have less time. When I'm bored, I can do a mile. When I find myself perusing the kitchen, I can do a mile. Anytime I feel like it, it'll be there. Watch netflix while I'm running haha.

It might have to wait until I do my taxes, but I'm definitely thinking it's a good idea. I'm falling in love with running and love pushing myself to run faster and farther. It's one of those NSV's that really make you feel like your health is improving.

So goals are to buy a treadmill.

And when I hit 165lb I'm DEFINITELY treating myself to a pair of Nike Free's. :)
  • JoyousRen
    I hope you feel better, Bru!
  • RachVR6
    Oh and another thing...

I'm dying of hunger right now!!!

I really need to start making Breakfast my highest calorie meal of the day. I eat around 7am, and don't get to take a lunch break until 1pm. I can have a snack, but still these little 200-300calorie breakfasts aren't cutting it. Not to mention it leaves so many calories for me to eat at night, and I'd rather not have a 600calorie dinner at 8pm.

I need to have a big breakfast, moderate lunch, and light dinner. I really think that'd improve my energy levels and be more conducive to weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.