Marijuana and weight loss?

Options

Replies

• TheeGeeMarie
    TheeGeeMarie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This thread is hilarious!

I am an upstanding citizen of a state where I'm not allowed to smoke pot, so I'm not saying I do, but some of my very close friends do. They would tell you there's nothing like getting baked and going for a run with the perfect playlist on your iPod.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Marijuana and weight loss = oxymoron

Seriously! Hello munchies!
  • GrossMonster
    Options
    I used to smoke marijuana on a daily basis, and that was when I was at my heaviest weight.
    Same here. Every period in my life that I have smoked a lot, I have weighed a lot. I don't know if it's because I actually eat more/move less or if it has something to do with the drug. I sure wish it made me skinny!
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I do like to partake in the herbs on the odd occasion. I've found that it is possible to control the munchies if you really want to :)

Also, there are so many other benefits of the hemp plant! I add hemp seeds to my cereal as they are super rich in nutrients, a complete protein and contain all of the essential amino acids. Hemp oil has also done absolute wonders curing my eczema.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LOL This has been enlightening. Just posting so my friend can see this. If it stays. MFP admins will probably have it deleted by morning. :smokin:
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    bump
  • timmymon
    timmymon Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If munchies are really a problem then smoke after you workout or before meals! No big :smokin:
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 2drunk
    2drunk Posts: 7
    Options
    For the guys

Significant anti-androgenic activity was observed in samples labeled as marijuana and hashish, containing Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol as major constituent

IOW: THC cuts down your normal (male)testosteron production. Will not achieve weightloss by itself!!
    But if you want to stay a small skinny guy....start early :noway: (don't ofcourse)
  • pmcwild66
    Options
    I am not sure how it affects weight loss but in some states it is legal for medicinal purposes and is decriminalized in some too. Marijuana is actually safer than cigarettes or tobacco. Marijuana is used for cancer patients mostly to curb nausea. I would do some research as I have on the subject.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    For the guys

Significant anti-androgenic activity was observed in samples labeled as marijuana and hashish, containing Δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol as major constituent

IOW: THC cuts down your normal (male)testosteron production. Will not achieve weightloss by itself!!
    But if you want to stay a small skinny guy....start early :noway: (don't ofcourse)

^^^ drug war propaganda
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I smoke after workouts sometimes and at the end of the day to wind down. I don't really think it will effect your weight loss at all.

Try it *before* the workout. :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    What it comes down to is you.
    I've been smoking for awhile now and its the reason i joined MFP.I gained 40lbs in the past two years from making bad choices while smoking marijuana.I still smoke now just not as often.I used to smoke several times everyday,now its down to twice a month.Its all about your choices when you have the munchies,grab a giant water bottle,and some fruit instead of taco bell.When you're high you're not really hungry you just wanna taste ****.I'm really glad this topic showed up on here because this is something that was extremely damaging to my health.I'm trying to kick this habit,but for now twice a month will do:]

I used to make bad choices too. I can't say that I blame the herb because I still smoke, and now I make better choices. It's all about your frame of mind. Cannabis can't *make* you do anything that you didn't already want to do!
  • Renordw
    Options
    The biggest problem with losing weight is the greatest gift to mankind; it is our willpower.

THC can be a powerful tool to increase your willpower, but unfortunately most people use it recreationally and don't focus on what they are doing, and just reach for whatever food is in front of them, and watch TV.

Even worse is if you mix weed with booze, which has a ton of calories.

I have been able to convince myself to go for a run almost every time I have smoked in the last few months, which is when I started weed.
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    hahhahahaha
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    i don't know the science behind it, but the munchies is enough!!!

marijuana and weight loss are two words that don't belong in the same sentence!

That about sums it up!
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Lolol I love smoking weed.

Honestly I feel like the munchies thing might be a myth OR a side effect that might not affect everyone. Because when I'm high, the last thing on my mind is eating! Lol in fact all I want to do is dance & laugh.. & then sleep.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    here is my take. I smoke when I have to study or really concentrate on something. It helps me focus, intensely. That being said, a quick hit of dank will help me really focus on a workout. If it's bad stuff, I get really tired, lazy and just want to sleep. No workouts then.

Obviously, if you are eating all the time when you smoke, the weight will creep up. Most habitual smokers know how to maintain a certain "high" that keeps them focused, mellow, whatever.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    Lolol I love smoking weed.

Honestly I feel like the munchies thing might be a myth OR a side effect that might not affect everyone. Because when I'm high, the last thing on my mind is eating! Lol in fact all I want to do is dance & laugh.. & then sleep.

THIS!
    I have been smoking for 29 years, mostly daily.
    weed does not give me the munchies, it is the exact opposite, I can't even look at food.
    I smoke and then walk 3 miles or get on the statinary bike and blast my tunes.
    However, if I go out drinking, by the end of the night all I want is a diner cheeseburger with french fries and maybe even dessert!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I had to stop blazing to lose weight! I couldn't say no to munching at night when I got home from my second job, the munchies urge was just too strong to control....now that I don't smoke (60days) i've been able to easily keep my appetite on check and the weight just started shedding off!

I miss weed though...but it was the right decision

Congratulations! :D You should be so proud of your new healthier self.
This discussion has been closed.