INSANITY CHALLENGE. ANY TAKERS??

Options
I'm starting Insanity & I thought it would be fun & motivational to have other people doing the same things so anyone who just recently started or will be starting in the next day or two this is the place for you!!

*if there's enough people that haven't started, but will be ready to start in the next two-three days i'll make a chart & we can all start on the same day!

Replies

• ambermabee
    Options
    I like the sounds of this..what is it? LOL
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    Insanity is a 60 day workout program with Shaun T..it's "the hardest workout ever put on DVD" (i don't know if it's true but i believe it!). It's max interval cardio training and people age getting AMAZING results so I'm excited to start I did a few when i first got it & I have never worked out so hard in my life!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i am on week four, it is CRAZY!!!
  • snarasim77
    Options
    I am on week 2. Tomorrow is cardio recovery (Thank God!)
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I will be starting as soon as I recieve the dvd collection.
  • amandatimm
    amandatimm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on week two and loving it!!
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i love how they call cardio recovery, "recovery." LOL. squat city. the heart may be resting but that's about it!
  • amandatimm
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing this morning during my "recovery" I was pretty glad it wasnt as long as the other videos! ;)
  • Wallywampler
    Options
    what is insanity challenge?
  • andrealgeiger
    Options
    I accept the challenge, I started the Insanity workout Monday.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    i am on day 11, but I would love to check in on here and see how everyone is doing!!
  • carolinetroester
    carolinetroester Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Did my fit test last night and i am ready to go tonight (:
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am nearing the end of my recovery week (Week 5). I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have about your upcoming workouts. Yes, it works! Yes, it's hard...extremely! The best advice I can offer is:

1) DO NOT eat anything at least 1 hour prior to working out. One-two hours prior to working out should be something light and that will fuel your body for the beating it is about to receive. This is a great time to eat your complex carbs!

2) A heart rate monitor is a MUST! Check it often and take breaks as you need but also push as hard as you can.

3) Stick to the nutrition guide! They go to the trouble of putting that together for a reason. It is your success tool!
  • jAdorelife
    Options
    im gonna try & start tonight if i get home at a reasonable time!
  • amandatimm
    Options
    The only time I can work out is in the morning before I get the kids and I ready for the day. I eat oatmeal a half an hour before I do my insanity work outs. Should I try to work out at night instead?
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I started on Wednesday on the following thread. I also started a blog to track a day-by-day progression.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/161646-insanity-starting-1-26-2011
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The only time I can work out is in the morning before I get the kids and I ready for the day. I eat oatmeal a half an hour before I do my insanity work outs. Should I try to work out at night instead?

Morning workouts are ideal because you continue to burn calories at a higher rate up to 3-4 hours later. If it is working for you and your schedule, keep doing it!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    the eating 1-2 hours before is just to prevent the projectile vomit!! haha. Sounds you lot are going well with it!
    Love seeing people sticking to set out programs!

Can i suggest using a pre-workout supplement before your workouts? Especially for you guys trainging in the mornings. I use Jacked. I rate it. it helps keep you focussed, and is good for the muscles! :tongue:

How are you all going with your day-to-day recovery?

Its nice to see it comes with a nutrition plan/diet whatever too. As a percentage of importance, i'd say it probably as high 75-80%.
    get that right, and you cant fail. :happy:

I'm not doing this one, but i imagine my trainging to be similar somewhat. :wink:
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started Insantiy on Thursday with the fit test. My goodness I thought that was hard. I thought I may toss my "cookies" after plyo last night, but made it through. Just finished day 3 and it is by far the hardest I have ever worked out, and I can only do about have the moves. Can't wait to see results. Good luck all
  • ontheheap
    ontheheap Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started Insanity on Monday with the Fitness Test. Here are my results:

Switch Kicks 29
    Power Jacks 22
    Power Knees 44
    Power Jumps 17
    Globe Jumps 7
    Suicide Jumps 8
    Push-Up Jacks 10
    Low Plank Oblique 5

This is without a doubt the hardest workout I've done since playing football in high school. I can't even make it through the warm-up without pausing once or twice! I plan on doing 2 or 3 rounds of it though, so hopefully by then I'll be able to make it through the entire workout with only the normal breaks.