INSANITY CHALLENGE. ANY TAKERS??

Options

Replies

• Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I bought Insanity yesterday. I am planning to do fit test tomorrow first thing in the morning. I am so neverous to do it. Currently my fitness level is at a stage where I do 3 min run and 2 min walk for C25K and elliptical for 60-90 min and Biggest loser dvd workouts. I do not have upper body strength cant still do proper pushups and can only do knee pushups.

Guys, I need your inputs on sustaing this workout. Any inputs are appreciated. I feel nervousness in the stomach before bedtime.
  • Dhathri
    Options
    Not my best. But I did it.

Insanity - Day 1 - Fit Test
    Switch Kick - 35
    Power squat - 30
    Power Knees - 50
    Power jumps - 28
    Globe jumps - - 4
    Suicidal jumps - 6
    Pushup jacks - 10
    Low plank obliques - 22
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    your fit test numbers are good and they will only get better!! KPP!! :)
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to start Insanity back tonight! It has been a while since I have done it but reading through here is getting me motivated!
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you...so far so good!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I bought Insanity yesterday. I am planning to do fit test tomorrow first thing in the morning. I am so neverous to do it. Currently my fitness level is at a stage where I do 3 min run and 2 min walk for C25K and elliptical for 60-90 min and Biggest loser dvd workouts. I do not have upper body strength cant still do proper pushups and can only do knee pushups.

Guys, I need your inputs on sustaing this workout. Any inputs are appreciated. I feel nervousness in the stomach before bedtime.

How did you buy it yesterday and start it today?
  • Dhathri
    Options

How did you buy it yesterday and start it today?

i bought from another guy who hasn't even opened the set. Good for me its a brand new set for a lower price.
  • knoes1
    knoes1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Im in second week of Insanity. Loving it but was taking some serious strain in my feet and ankles. I rotated three pairs of trainers including my squash shoes (I dont get sore feet/ankles while playing squash so though it would help) Well in all 3 pairs my feet where killing me-tried re-lacing them-no joy. Eventually I discovered that I was doing everything on my toes and ball of my foot. In buttkicks,suicides,squats and everything else I was landing on the front of my foot/toes. I have made a concerted effort to put my heel down now-thus distributing the impact/weight across the entire surface of my foot and I cant believe the difference-pain is greatlly reduced and my ankle is fine. When I was playing rugby we where trained to run on our toes as sprinters-which is ok over short bursts but over a 40min workout its not good.

Maybe look at how your feet are striking the floor. I hear Sean often say "form over speed" and I think it may apply to this as well!

All the best with the program!
  • knoes1
    knoes1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My ankles are so sore that they hurt to touch. I am loving this workout but am a little worried about this. I have lost some flexibility in my ankles also. I notice this when walking down the stairs. They are a little swollen and very tender. Anyone else having problems? The rest of my body feels great and so much stronger which is awesome since this is only my second week. Still no weight loss which is frustrating, but I hope to take new measurments on my recovery week. Any Advice on the ankles would be great!

Hi!

Im in second week of Insanity. Loving it but was taking some serious strain in my feet and ankles. I rotated three pairs of trainers including my squash shoes (I dont get sore feet/ankles while playing squash so though it would help) Well in all 3 pairs my feet where killing me-tried re-lacing them-no joy. Eventually I discovered that I was doing everything on my toes and ball of my foot. In buttkicks,suicides,squats and everything else I was landing on the front of my foot/toes. I have made a concerted effort to put my heel down now-thus distributing the impact/weight across the entire surface of my foot and I cant believe the difference-pain is greatlly reduced and my ankle is fine. When I was playing rugby we where trained to run on our toes as sprinters-which is ok over short bursts but over a 40min workout its not good.

Maybe look at how your feet are striking the floor. I hear Sean often say "form over speed" and I think it may apply to this as well!

All the best with the program!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heart monitor yet (saving for it). Does anyone have an idea as to how many calories they burn during an Insanity workout? I estijmated about 350, but I sweat like a pig. It's the best most efficient workout I've had in 20 years. I modify when I can't keep up. The most inspirational thing is that I'm in week 3 and I'm doing so much for than week 1.
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heart monitor yet (saving for it). Does anyone have an idea as to how many calories they burn during an Insanity workout? I estijmated about 350, but I sweat like a pig. It's the best most efficient workout I've had in 20 years. I modify when I can't keep up. The most inspirational thing is that I'm in week 3 and I'm doing so much for than week 1.

As for calorie burn everyone is different. That being said...I am 5'7 and weigh 158pounds. My average calorie burn for the first 2 weeks is roughly around 600 calories (except for recovery day) My husband is about 280 pounds and his calorie burn is roughly 1000-1100 calories according to the HRM
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options

we know its differant for everyone , but I am 5'3'' and weight around 162, right now week 4, I burn around 350-400 calories per workout!
  • mathteacherj
    Options
    Starting with the fit test tonight. Last year, I started p90x around this time, had a hard time starting, saw results and was loving it, but I started coaching track and landscaping after that so time went right out the window. Insanity should be done before track and I just started my own landscaping company so I won't have to be out at night after track if I don't finish this in time. I am at my heaviest ever and don't even want to take off my shirt at all b/c of my belly. Looking forward to getting my butt kicked. One question though, I'm sure/hope that you all were extremely sore after the first workouts (I KNOW I will be), so did you just push through the pain for the following days?

Thanks for a great discussion.

Jason
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Starting with the fit test tonight. Last year, I started p90x around this time, had a hard time starting, saw results and was loving it, but I started coaching track and landscaping after that so time went right out the window. Insanity should be done before track and I just started my own landscaping company so I won't have to be out at night after track if I don't finish this in time. I am at my heaviest ever and don't even want to take off my shirt at all b/c of my belly. Looking forward to getting my butt kicked. One question though, I'm sure/hope that you all were extremely sore after the first workouts (I KNOW I will be), so did you just push through the pain for the following days?

Jason

Yes you will have trouble walking the first week or so. Just push through it! It won't get easier, but it will get better.
  • jadesign19
    Options
    In my third week of insanity and I was struggling pathetically through the cardio recovery. I ate terribly yesterday but I can usually hold the stretches. Has anyone else had this "slump"?:yawn:
  • jadesign19
    Options

Jason
    Hi Jason,
    I'm on my first round week 3. I was in a lot of pain at night (I do the workouts at 6 am). I would make sure I took iduprofren (spelling?) every 4 hours. After 4 days into it, the aches went away. Now my body just screams during workouts. I hope you like the program as much as me:drinker:
  • Stooooo
    Options
    One question though, I'm sure/hope that you all were extremely sore after the first workouts (I KNOW I will be), so did you just push through the pain for the following days?

Jason

Two words: Recovery Shake

I could not have lived with out my P90X Results and Recovery Shake!
  • mathteacherj
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Yes, I am REALLY sore. Here's my next thing:

Ok, so I know that it is called INSANITY, but dang. I felt like an epic failure as I attempted the first workout last night. Has anyone else had to watch and learn more than do?

Hopefully, I'm not alone. I could use some other stories of humility. :-)
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    My husband and I started this January 28th so we are about to finish week 2. I can see a difference already as far as being able to do more. We do the next fitness test Monday so I'm curious to see how that goes. I haven't looked too closely at the nutrition guide as I've been doing well tracking here. MFP has me at 1200 calories here and on average I burn about 400 cals during a workout and I normally eat 300 to all of those back each day. I've noticed a 2lb gain since the start of this and was wondering if anyone else has had the same? I went to the Beachbody site and the calorie calculator on it recommended I be eating 1900 cals to lose weight. I'm not too freaked just yet since I just started and am thinking my body is adjusting but do not want this to be an on-going trend. I try to stick to a 300 cal bfast (usually oatmeal, fruit, nuts), 400 cal lunch, 500 cal dinner and 2 100 cal snacks (am/pm). I'm trying to incorporate more whole grains, fish and lean meats--and cooking at home. Sweets and adding more veggies are difficult but I'm working hard on those. We've cut WAY back on any fast food or junk food...I don't even buy it anymore. Anyone else have a gain?
  • EishyJ
    Options
    My husband and I started this January 28th so we are about to finish week 2. I can see a difference already as far as being able to do more. We do the next fitness test Monday so I'm curious to see how that goes. I haven't looked too closely at the nutrition guide as I've been doing well tracking here. MFP has me at 1200 calories here and on average I burn about 400 cals during a workout and I normally eat 300 to all of those back each day. I've noticed a 2lb gain since the start of this and was wondering if anyone else has had the same? I went to the Beachbody site and the calorie calculator on it recommended I be eating 1900 cals to lose weight. I'm not too freaked just yet since I just started and am thinking my body is adjusting but do not want this to be an on-going trend. I try to stick to a 300 cal bfast (usually oatmeal, fruit, nuts), 400 cal lunch, 500 cal dinner and 2 100 cal snacks (am/pm). I'm trying to incorporate more whole grains, fish and lean meats--and cooking at home. Sweets and adding more veggies are difficult but I'm working hard on those. We've cut WAY back on any fast food or junk food...I don't even buy it anymore. Anyone else have a gain?

My Beachbody coach recommended 1600-1800 for me. I'm about 5'5" and weigh 140. I plan to lose 15 lbs. Maybe you're just building a lot of muscle? I haven't gained when I've started..but I do notice pretty great results in my before/after 1 week pics. I'm restarting tomorrow..I've never made it more than 2 weeks I usually give up. This time will be the full 60!!!