Man Cave - Any Guys on MFP?

Options
15678911»

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Here today and in a week it will have disappeared again, maybe not even that long. It has happened before, and I expect it to happen again.
  • rileysowner
    Options
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Thanks for the group!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    No problem. Hopefully we will get more guys on it over time so some more topics get posted.
  • wyldweazel
    wyldweazel Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting a cave for us. :wink:

1. While Strength Training - My regimine is pretty plain, right now. One of my favorite exercises for my triceps is Bar dips. They are brutal and really destroy my arms. :bigsmile:

2. Beer, Brats, and Football - I do allow myself the occasional beer. I think I am quite lucky because my favorite alcoholic drink is Rum and diet Coke which is around 30 calories. (I make smaller glasses.) My diet Buddy is a big Tailgater (aka never misses a weekend.) and he has shown great progress, even with the occasional tailgate party. I think he is just more focus on how much he eats of his sinful food. I know if I have an unexpected beer after work, I make sure I work those calories off at the
    gym. You pay to play... :drinker:

3. Do you incorporate sports into your regimen (Racquetball, Karate, etc) - do you find it effective? I am a mountain biker. Actually, my mountain biking got me started in my weight loss journey so yea, it is effective. However, now that it is winter (more or less...) it isn't ideal riding weather so I have resorted to the gym.

4. What is a staple in your new diet that works well and keeps you full. I am really big on breakfast. I have 3 staple meals...

Homemade Oatmeal with Raisens (going to try it with Whey Protein tomorrow)
    or
    Ham, onion, banana pepper and cheeze 3 egg omelette. (1 egg 2 whites)
    or
    Fiber one Pancakes with Turkey bacon and sugar free syrup.

I do eat 6 "meals", although truthfully meals 2, 3 break down to snacking on fruits and veggies throughout the day at work. I like never having that overstuffed filling. Meal 1 is usually a larger breakfast, 4 is similar to a light lunch, 5 is Dinner and 6 is saver for a late snack after visiting the gym.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*