February Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• FabulousGia
    Options
    I did quite a bit of walking this weekend. The weather was relatively great for walking outside and in the park. I walked 3.53 miles yesterday and 6.30 miles today.
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    forgot to log in on Friday so here is another 3 miles.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I walked into town and back this morning then completed the first day of my Couch to 5K running programme! I know it's not the same as all out walking but I did walk most of it (that's part of the training!!).

So altogether, so far, I've done 3.5miles!

LouiseXXX
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    I logged 7.7 miles today for a total of 17.53 miles during this three-day weekend. I only have 2.7 miles remaining to reach my goal!
  • Rosebud62
    Rosebud62 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Update
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    5 miles today. And woo am I sore now...
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I did 3 miles with Leslie Sansone, early this morning and I'm going to do some more this afternoon!

LouiseXXX
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    I've reached my goal ladies!!!! :-)

I walked 3.16 miles during my lunch break today, bringing my total for February to 60.48 miles! Thank you all so much for having this challenge. It made a HUGE positive difference for me. I'll continue to log and post through the end of the month. I definitely plan on participating in March.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I kind of missed out on the start of this because of school and work. One of these days I'll get a pedometer because working the hospital floor has you running everywhere.

Since I don't feel like back tracking over 22 days...I walked 1.5 miles to work and back today. :)
  • riley22
    Options
    I'm working as hard as I can.........lol
  • riley22
    Options
    Do get one! That's how I got a lot of my miles was at work at the hospital.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    5 miles today. And woo am I sore now...

Woo Hoo! Awesome!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I've reached my goal ladies!!!! :-)

Fantastic!!!!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I haven't been tracking my miles since my doc said to take it easy. I have been making an effort to walk when I can. My children and I have princess (and knight, when my son is home) horse races around our kitchen island several times a day. I'm not sure how many laps around the island I have to make to equal a mile (doesn't it just sound exotice that I was walking laps around the island?). I have done 10 minutes around the island at least 3 or 4 times today.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I got in 3.5 miles today. I don't care what it takes- I will reach my goal this month!
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    didn't do very well with my daughter in town this weekend. Ate out alot and wasn't careful of what I ate and how much of what I ate and the scales showed it this morning. guess I best be thankful that I only gained 1 lb. I did hit the gym earlier so I could walk a little more this morning and will try to do it all week so I can loose that lb by the end of the week hopefully. Did 3.75 this morning
  • xyla
    xyla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    "I haven't been tracking my miles since my doc said to take it easy. I have been making an effort to walk when I can. My children and I have princess (and knight, when my son is home) horse races around our kitchen island several times a day. I'm not sure how many laps around the island I have to make to equal a mile (doesn't it just sound exotice that I was walking laps around the island?). I have done 10 minutes around the island at least 3 or 4 times today." CricketKate

You go girl!
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Perometor (sp?) died on me. So will have to do it manual until I get battery or buy a new one.

Feb goal 40 walking miles - 22 done = 18 more left to meet my goal.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I haven't been tracking my miles since my doc said to take it easy. I have been making an effort to walk when I can. My children and I have princess (and knight, when my son is home) horse races around our kitchen island several times a day. I'm not sure how many laps around the island I have to make to equal a mile (doesn't it just sound exotice that I was walking laps around the island?). I have done 10 minutes around the island at least 3 or 4 times today.

LOL put a little palm tree on it and you can pretend to be on vacation. :)
  • CricketKate
    Options
    I just did 30 minutes around the island. Of course, I was riding my horse, Max, who is blue with pink hair and pink hearts on his bum like a "My Little Pony". Not quite sure how to log the calories on that?:laugh: Do I get extra for having to swim my horse across a great ravine or do I lose calories for the times that we were picked up and carried by a dragon?:tongue: