reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
Anyone interested in doing a 200 full sit up challenge>

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/test.html

Replies

• downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How does this challenge work? I normally don't do situps but I would be willing to give it a try! Anything helps, right?!
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options
    YES! I am the sittup queen. It doesn't do anything but I used to do 150 sittups everyday. My belly always stayed looking like mush, but I will try it.
  • hurricaneerica
    Options
    I am!
  • reese66
    Options
    Here is the link to the website: http://www.twohundredsitups.com/test.html

First you see how many you can do to max out. The programs is set up to do your sit ups three days a week for six weeks, each week you have 5 sets of sit ups each day based on how many it took you to max out. Every week you add my sit ups per set.

I maxed at 33 so my sets for week one day one will be 15, 18, 10, 10 and max out with doing at least 14

Will be starting mine on Monday, also doing the 100 push up challenge so I figure alternate sets between the two.
  • jsmjboertlein
    Options

First you see how many you can do to max out. The programs is set up to do your sit ups three days a week for six weeks, each week you have 5 sets of sit ups each day based on how many it took you to max out. Every week you add my sit ups per set.

I maxed at 33 so my sets for week one will be 15, 18, 10, 10 and max out with doing at least 14

Will be starting mine on Monday, also doing the 100 push up challenge so I figure alternate sets between the two.

Awsome...now I can't do a push up to save my life!
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Sounds good! I should be working to improve my core anyway....
  • reese66
    Options

I maxed at 33 so my sets for week one will be 15, 18, 10, 10 and max out with doing at least 14

Awsome...now I can't do a push up to save my life!
    Yeah I did two regular push ups, my arm strength is just amazing, lol...
    Heres the link for the push up challenge...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/164382-100-push-up-challenge-week-one-jan-31st
  • odatcindy
    odatcindy Posts: 641
    Options
    I'll join you, Reese, on the sit-ups. I'll skip the push ups because of the strength training I'm doing during the week. I'm going to start on the first so that this is my February challenge.
  • darla48
    darla48 Posts: 25
    Options
    this sounds interesting, count me in!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm doing the push ups, too :smile:

I did the "test" yesterday (definitely in the lowest tier :laugh: ) and will be starting Day 1 tomorrow.
  • a2canadian
    Options
    as long as you avoid the "spot reduction" myth. I would recommend that instead of doing 200 sit ups you try some pilates exercises... one crunch (shoulder blades off the ground, body in long lines, lower back pressed into the floor... then you hold that and work the rest of your body around the stable core. This trains your core to do more than just lift up and down repeatedly... strength in stilness
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am in ... I will be the low. I will have work on my initial test now. LOL
  • reese66
    Options
    The initial test is how many you can do in a row, no time limit, just keep going until you cant go anymore.

The right line is dependent on how many you can do in the initial test.
  • MeghanAM
    Options
    Bump for visibility!
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    good little challenge.

i regularly do 150situps in a little circuit i do for crossfit.
    50,40,30,20,10 Skips and Situps. as fast as possible!!!
    Currrent best is like 8minutes. I love it!
  • MeghanAM
    Options
    Just did my Week 1 Day 1!
  • willrun4redvines
    Options
    Yes! I just did the initial sit up test today, so I'll start the challenge on Tuesday.

I think I will do the push up and squat challenge too.
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm having a little bit of an issue with my initial test.... First, I'm not sure if I'm doing them 100% in the proper form. Second, when it says continuously, would you say that's without ANY stopping? Last night I tried doing the initial test, and after I did about 10 I realized I had stopped for a 5-10 second break. :embarassed: I stopped then, but now I'm wondering if I should have just tried to keep going a bit more until I just felt I had to stop completely....
  • reese66
    Options
    I'm having a little bit of an issue with my initial test.... First, I'm not sure if I'm doing them 100% in the proper form. Second, when it says continuously, would you say that's without ANY stopping? Last night I tried doing the initial test, and after I did about 10 I realized I had stopped for a 5-10 second break. :embarassed: I stopped then, but now I'm wondering if I should have just tried to keep going a bit more until I just felt I had to stop completely....

First don't be embarrassed if any of us were perfect we wouldn't be here.
    I took the initial test as continual with no stopping, but if you had to take a breather then I would think ten is a good place to start. If you want to re do the initial test then you can, but I don't think its necessary.
  • reese66
    Options
    Just did my Week 1 Day 1!

Great job Megan!