200 sit up challenge, Interested?

Options

Replies

• reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    good little challenge.

i regularly do 150situps in a little circuit i do for crossfit.
    50,40,30,20,10 Skips and Situps. as fast as possible!!!
    Currrent best is like 8minutes. I love it!

150, wow that's awesome!
  • reese66
    Options
    Just finished my wk 1 day 1

set 1- 15
    set 2- 18
    set 3- 10
    set 4-10
    set 5- max at 15, I admit had to take a breather after the 8th one so I pushed myself for the one extra to make up for it...
  • Ashleymf22
    Options
    I am in!!
  • reese66
    Options
    I am in!!

Welcome to the club!
  • reese66
    Options
    Yes! I just did the initial sit up test today, so I'll start the challenge on Tuesday.

I think I will do the push up and squat challenge too.

Great enthusiasm!

Me I am out on the squats, they kill my knees!
  • ropedancer
    Options
    This sounds like fun! I'll be doing my initial test tomorrow!
  • lauble
    lauble Posts: 47
    Options
    I am totally in! This is a great idea. I am new to this sight and I am so excited for all the support on here!
  • reese66
    Options
    Lauble and ropedancer welcome, can't wait to see your progress
  • odatcindy
    Options
    Did my test today; maxed out at 50. I'll start on Thursday with Week 1, Day 1.

I think sit-ups can help strengthen your core if you do as the information shares for you to do. Make sure when you come up to the 35 degree angle, you count one beat and then lower yourself back to the floor. As for the bloating or not getting a toned abdominal area, it may be due to what you are eating. So pay attention to what you are posting and the results over the next day. Also, if you eat the same products, you may find that the bloating is greater.

Stay strong, everyone, and watch your form.
  • reese66
    Options
    Did my test today; maxed out at 50. I'll start on Thursday with Week 1, Day 1.

I think sit-ups can help strengthen your core if you do as the information shares for you to do. Make sure when you come up to the 35 degree angle, you count one beat and then lower yourself back to the floor. As for the bloating or not getting a toned abdominal area, it may be due to what you are eating. So pay attention to what you are posting and the results over the next day. Also, if you eat the same products, you may find that the bloating is greater.

Stay strong, everyone, and watch your form.

50, that's awesome Cindy, way to go, thanks for pointers.
    Didn't really have any issues with bloating, but I am sore :)
  • SKismet
    SKismet Posts: 137
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 done!

Since I only did 10 for the initial test, I started on the far left column. However, I maxed out at 12 on the last set, so I think tomorrow I'm going to move over to the middle column. I just hope I'm doing them in the proper form.... *crossing fingers*
  • reese66
    Options
    Week 1, Day 1 done!

Since I only did 10 for the initial test, I started on the far left column. However, I maxed out at 12 on the last set, so I think tomorrow I'm going to move over to the middle column. I just hope I'm doing them in the proper form.... *crossing fingers*
    [/qu

Doing great, make sure to take your rest day to give the muscles time to repair themselves. ckitchens mentions the form in her last form, but you can always google it as well.

Have a great night!
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    I would like to join this challenge as well. I maxed out at 60, but I'm going to repeat the test tomorrow to see if the number is the same. I'll officially start the challenge on Friday.
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ive been using the app that you can get on the iphone along with the squats one by the same people. I'm currently doing week 3 day 3 and did 100 today and 55 squats.
  • lauble
    lauble Posts: 47
    Options
    Did my 'test' yesterday and will start program today. I did not do great at all, only 12 :( I even got my husband to do it with me. Looking forward to seeing my results!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 done! I'm only on level one, so it's not too hard yet :smile:
  • reese66
    Options
    Did my 'test' yesterday and will start program today. I did not do great at all, only 12 :( I even got my husband to do it with me. Looking forward to seeing my results!

Doing great!!! We all got to start some where... Trust me today I want to give up on the first set, but as long as we keep working at we will get better!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 done! I'm only on level one, so it's not too hard yet :smile:

Awesome, keep up the great work!
  • reese66
    Options
    Made through week 1 day 2, thought I was going to die via sit up. Made it through, may add an extra rest day before completing the week. Not sure yet, wait till I know how I feel then.

Everyone is doing a great job, keep up the awesome work!!!
  • odatcindy
    Options
    Reese - you are an awesome supporter. Thanks for keeping us all on track and on target. See you back here with my Week 1, Day 1 tomorrow.