SAHM 1/31 to 2/6

Options

Replies

• mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    Just checking in to let you all know I am still around, just been busy. I have been so off my schedule with hubby being off work this week, I am getting my workouts in but just at all different times everyday. It really makes me feel thrown off! But I am getting them in and that is all that matters, right! Tomorrow is my oldest birthday party then him & hubby have a scout banquet then straight from there to pick up the in-laws at the airport and hour away. Then next week will be no easier getting those workouts in but I will do it somehow! I also have my 3 year old starting pre-school on Monday, hubby is not happy about that since his parents will be here but they had an opening & I didn't want to miss it and have them give it to someone else. He will be going mon, wed, fri from 8-10:30, I think he will really enjoy it but I also think that my 1 year old is not going to know what to do with himself. But maybe I will atleast be able to give him a little more one on one time durning that 2 1/2 hours with the baby too of course! It is just going to be tough to get him to eat breakfast quickly & get him there on time when I usually send my oldest out the door at 8 for school and the baby hasn't been waking up till 9 or later. But he so needs this, he needs to get out of the house & around other kids his own age. He has way to much energy to be home all day & he is to smart for his own good so he needs someone to put that to good use, haha!
    Well speaking of busy off I go to get more stuff done, I still have to try to catch up with everyone. But welcome to all the new ladies and hope everyone has a great weekend!!
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Stacey~my suggestion would be to plan it in to your day so that it doesn't kill your calories. Also try to eat less and less each time (it does sound like you are already doing that second part).
    I have decided that I am going to workout today and I am hoping to get in some tomorrow but I don't know how much I will get tomorrow (helping a friend move).

Well the doom and gloom has left my house:laugh: , the hubby is home, thank goodness! I don't know how you military families do it. Thank you for your sacrifice for the rest of us.:flowerforyou: I plan on spending as much time as I possibly can with the hubby for the next few days. Got to go hope everyone has a great day.
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Didn't lose anything, but I didn't gain either! :smile: I'm happy with that! Next week is a new week and my leg is feeling TONS better, back to the routine!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Christi, don't run yourself ragged, girl! :) Remember to take care of yourself!

KatieM, glad your hubby's home. Enjoy your time with him.

Barb, yay for maintaining! Glad to hear your leg is better.

I had a really bad day food-wise yesterday, so today I'm trying to really buckle down and stay under my calorie limit. Going to take a walk to the grocery store in a little bit to buy some stuff that's on sale, and I might do an arm workout later, I don't know. I planned a rest day today, but I feel like I have to do *something* after last night's fiasco. So... we'll see. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    aj---like the attitude re: getting back at it after a "flub".
    barb--glad to hear your leg's better and that your mom is recovering.
    katiem--YAY! you're so cute--like you really are in love with him still--7 kids later!! enjoy your weekend.

nicole--i'm glad you checked in.
    saw that kim will be off crutches soon--so hopefully, she'll start posting up here again, too. :)

new girls--feel free to chime in anytime. and don't feel like you have to keep up with every element in the thread. this should be a fun spot in your day. so read what you feel like and respond to whatever catches you. or just talk abt your stuff.
    it's all good.

katie--OH--i posted some comments on your status. q's re: turbo fire.

did my workout and was pretty good w/cals yesterday. over but not by as much as when i usually go over.
    NO chocolate, cookies, etc.
    thanks for the tips.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Amy ~ On the days all of your kids are in school can you get a workout in after they leave? What about waking up early, getting a load of laundry in, pop in a workout DVD, and then when you're done, it will be time to switch the laundry? It helps me a ton to get my workout done right away, I know if I wait, I won't do it! And sometimes, my kids will try to workout along side me, it's so cute!

Leigh ~ congrats on your loss so far! I love Zumba and running as well. Do you have a 5k you are training for?

4loveofkids ~ aw, thank you!! You will release your inner skinny :) Welcome to the group!

Katie ~ Glad your husband is home! Soak up the time with him :) We have been very blessed in Jason's military career, he hasn't been deployed in over 8 years...which is not the normal life of an airman! But I'll take it :)

Stacey ~ Sent you a message!

So I do not plan on counting calories tomorrow, it's going to be a total munch fest for me. LOL I am trying to be good today to compensate ;-P I just can't resist all the good stuff on Super Bowl Sunday!! Sad my team isn't there, but since I can't root for the Packers (sacrilege, trust me)...Go Steelers!

I think I'll do a long HIIT workout in the AM to help :)
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Aj~get up and dust yourself attitude, I love it!

Stacey~:laugh: you really did make me LOL! I shared your comment w/ the hubby and he laughed too. He then asked what I had typed that made you say that. But yes I am in love with him after 7 children and it physically hurts when he is gone. :happy:

Katie~Wow! I have heard of military being deployed shortly after getting back from another deployment. You are very lucky! It still is a sacrifice to have him in the military. There is always that chance that he can be deployed. So talking about the super bowl what is your team? My hubby really likes the Packers so I had to laugh when you said Go Steelers....me I am indifferent really don't care much. :wink:

Helped some friends move today I am totally going to count that as exercise. Hope you all have a good weekend.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies-It is day 2 after the "i did way too many lunges/squats/plies and dead lifts" day and I still have trouble walking. The upside is I know I did something and it isn't as bad as yesterday. The downside I can't work out until I can walk and sit/stand without pain. :( In other news I joined a new gym today. It's only been open a month and is fairly close to home lots of nice cardio equipment and the weights are of course new as well. Spinning room, aerobic studio and yoga room all look nice too. My family joined the Y around the corner from us but the weight machines are old and don't size down well for me so I haven't been using them (ergo the cause of the pain mentioned up) I've used free weights and barbells instead. For now we are keeping the family Y membership as they have a zero entry pool which is great for the little ones and of course the open gym to play in. My son took a jr. training course so he's allowed to exercise there as well plus they have youth sized weight machines he can use too (not the machines I need of course). Ah well, 2 gym memberships and Zumba DVD's on the way..if that doesn't whip my butt into shape nothing will! haha

Have a great day ladies!

Holly
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Aj~get up and dust yourself attitude, I love it!

Stacey~:laugh: you really did make me LOL! I shared your comment w/ the hubby and he laughed too. He then asked what I had typed that made you say that. But yes I am in love with him after 7 children and it physically hurts when he is gone. :happy:

Katie~Wow! I have heard of military being deployed shortly after getting back from another deployment. You are very lucky! It still is a sacrifice to have him in the military. There is always that chance that he can be deployed. So talking about the super bowl what is your team? My hubby really likes the Packers so I had to laugh when you said Go Steelers....me I am indifferent really don't care much. :wink:

Helped some friends move today I am totally going to count that as exercise. Hope you all have a good weekend.

uh-oh!! We're Bears fans here...which is why we cannot root for the Packers, even if we wanted to! :laugh:

Before we got married he was gone 250 days out of the year, but the next 2 assignments he got were all teaching jobs that didn't deploy (or only went stateside somewhere for a few weeks a few times a year) and this one he is going to school for a Master's Degree, so not deploying again! It's very unheard of, especially for his career field. I'm sure the last 3 years before retirement he'll be deploying regularly again :ohwell:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    if everyday were like today i'd weigh 141.9---1/2way to my goal!!

so just maybe i can do this. no choc or cookies or brownies etc today.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i rocked the workout this AM--walked and jogging intervals, including one stint of 11min downhill. totally got the cal burn i'm wanting. yay!

last night was sooo hard. i was VERY hungry cuz my body wanted more cals cuz it's used to it. but i had a fruit roll up (the all fruit kind) and drank water. BIG accomplishment for me.

hope everyone enjoys the day/GAME--just remember not to EAT like a football player! hehe
    :drinker:
  • ajbeans
    Options
    Stacey, that's AWESOME! Both about the workout, and about the self-control last night. You go on with your bad self. :) Fabulous!

I'm hoping today is easier for me. Finally over the hormonal stretch, so hopefully I won't have to fight with myself all day about food. Hubby got McD's for breakfast :grumble: so I went over on my breakfast cals, but I already planned to do a workout today and I'm going to try to get another walk in, so hopefully I can burn it off. I'll just pay attention for the rest of the day. And not drink the Dr. Pepper I had planned for later. :sad: I'm trying to get back into the mindset of trade-offs and calorie costs. Amazing what two days of hormones can do to screw up good habits! Blargh!

Enjoy the Super Bowl everyone! I don't even like football, but I'm gonna watch the game with hubby. Mostly for the commercials. And the spandex. :wink: And his awesome sandwiches that he makes for the game. :laugh:
  • ashleyplus3
    ashleyplus3 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am fairly new to MFP. I am a SAHM of 3 wonderful kiddos - ages 14, 9 and 15 months. My 15 month old keeps me on my toes, as she is the busiest, orneriest little baby I've had. (but she's incredibly cute and sweet so you can never get mad). She has yet to sleep through the night and she is in constant motion during the day. You would think that I would be in shape from chasing her around, but I think age and the fact that I have (had) been eating horribly prevented me from losing the extra baby weight. I breastfeed (still) and the weight isn't nor did it drop off as it did my first 2 pregnancies. :grumble: ANYWAY.....would love to join your group as I can use the support. I look forward to meeting everyone and to share this journey. :smile:

Ashley
  • emilillymom
    Options
    Hi. Its been a crazy week here. Been dealing with all the superbowl hype here in Pittsburgh. No we aren't steelers fans. my hubby loves the bears and i love the seahawks. Registered both my girls for school next year. finally starting to lose some of the weight i gained after my second baby.
  • staceyw37
    Options
    thanks aj! welcome ashley! and good job on the loss em!

i ate ONE, just one, cookie today. and i did not bake homemade granola bars like i was craving. good for me. :wink:

hope you all enjoy the rest of the game/day!
  • ajbeans
    Options
    WTG Stacey! Way to work that self-control. I don't know if I've ever been able to eat just one cookie. That's why I don't bake. :laugh:

Welcome Ashley! Yay Em!

Today my friend is coming over for a playdate/visit. I have to clean my house. I had planned to work out this morning, but since now I have to rearrange my schedule I'm going to have to try to do it this afternoon. That's ok. I haven't seen her in a while. I'm just feeling a little out of sorts because this was just planned last night. I'm not a very spontaneous person, especially when it comes to having people in my space. I'll get over it.

I did plan ahead my food for today, and if I stick to it I'll be good on everything except sodium. Woot!

Have a great Monday everybody!
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ya'll! Looks like everyone is doing better this weekend! Had a bit of an off scale victory this weekend. I was getting ready for church Sunday morning and the pair of slacks that were getting a little too big last weekend...we're down right frumpy looking this week!!!!

I finally broke through my weight gain earlier in January and lost a "new" pound on my check in. Wow, vacation is really motivating. Or at least all the pictures that are going to be taken are:laugh: Hopefully by next week I can break through my 10 lb mark. That will be 15 lbs since spring! SO excited for it.

I'm going to have to go through my summer clothes to make sure there are things in there that I can wear without looking frumpy. Would like to buy some new clothes, but SOOOO don't have the money for it. Especially since the kids needed a whole new wardrobe. My 5 year old isn't handing down his old stuff like he used to. Too worn and torn to let my little one wear them. :grumble:
  • DJJW
    Options
    @ Stacy..I too LOVE to bake with and for my kids. It's hard, they deserve a little of a treat regardless of what mom needs to eat. I feel your pain. Brownies are my weakness too. I try to make them the treat that THEY like that I'm not a huge fan of. (they haven't had brownies FOREVER......now I feel bad that I depriving my kids of brownies! LOL. I bake alot of muffins, cause I can ignore them...sometimes or atleast keep it to one (200cals) and sugar cookies. If I'm going to eat a cookie, it's going to have chocolate or molasses in them.
  • DJJW
    Options
    Newbee...forgot we start a new thread on mondays:blushing: