February Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    4 miles walked today
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    i know we still have a few more days in february but just checking to make sure we are going to continue the move your @ss challenge into march?????

I'm in for March!

6.86 done today.
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    i know we still have a few more days in february but just checking to make sure we are going to continue the move your @ss challenge into march?????

We HAVE to keep moving our a$$es! This has become part of my new healthy lifestyle!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options

We HAVE to keep moving our a$$es! This has become part of my new healthy lifestyle!

If we didn't move our a$$es, would we be moving other people's a$$es?

In light of that, I vote that we keep moving our own a$$es in March.
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    3 more miles for moi! Missed my beach walk today as I got carried away with major painting! But got my 20 minute plus walk C25K in early for 3 more miles. Was totally stiff today ?????

I also vote for continued *kitten*-moveage in March!
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current Mileage: 58.5
    Goal Mileage: 75
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Added my 5 treadmill miles for tonight. Also added some downhill skiing miles that I had not previously added to my ticker. These trips were in lieu of my treadmill workouts on those days and were logged as cardio on MFP. These skiing miles were tracked via GPS using my RunKeeper Pro app on my phone. I subtracted 50% of the recorded mileage to account for time spent in the chairllift sitting on my @ss and not moving under my own power. I recorded ski trips on 5 separate dates and ended up with net workouts of 7, 6.5, 6.5, 4, and 6 for a total of 30 miles. With these additions, I have reached my goal for February! =)
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Pancake day, it's the beginning of our Haloween period and according to our customs a bbq was in order. My workout for the day was to barbeque sausages and pork chops for my 20+ guests. As soon as we finished eating this guy started playing the bouzouki, so we ended up singing, greek dancing and drinking an obscene amount of alcohol :drinker: till 2:30 am. Lots of fun, but I woke up with a hangover :sick: & a couple of thousand redundand calories :sad:

My choices now are to either catch some sleep, or go running to break a sweat and get ready for another party tonight. :ohwell: ... What the hell, I'll do both :smile:

Regarding the March challenge, of course I'm in, what else did you expect?
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't checked in this week, been uber sick! I don't think Ill meet my goal but I want to say that ALL of you guys are doing an awesome job :)
  • gehlerc
    Options
    Yesterday was Pancake day, it's the beginning of our Haloween period and according to our customs a bbq was in order. My workout for the day was to barbeque sausages and pork chops for my 20+ guests. As soon as we finished eating this guy started playing the bouzouki, so we ended up singing, greek dancing and drinking an obscene amount of alcohol :drinker: till 2:30 am. Lots of fun, but I woke up with a hangover :sick: & a couple of thousand redundand calories :sad:

My choices now are to either catch some sleep, or go running to break a sweat and get ready for another party tonight. :ohwell: ... What the hell, I'll do both :smile:

It sounds like a great time! Coincidentally, I just came from my classes. I mentioned that I'd had only a few hours of sleep last night, and have to choose between a nap this afternoon or going for a run; I said I was leaning toward a run because I'm going out to drink beer later and want to burn the calories ahead of time. One of my students told me I should sleep, drink, *then* run in the morning, because a run will get rid of a hangover. Who feels like running when they're hungover???????

But you, Dinos--you have the luxury of sleeping *and* running?!?! And you're willing to run even when hungover? That's dedication!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    HaHa dinos, nice to see you are human!!!! :laugh: I am still having a real bad time with my eating at the moment :sad: but I will get back on track :wink: I am away this weekend (my daughter is in a sailing competition), so no excuses come Monday :happy: did manage to walk for 4 miles today :smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Though I doubt I'm going ot reach my goal, I'm going to try my hardest to get there! :drinker:
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Though I doubt I'm going ot reach my goal, I'm going to try my hardest to get there! :drinker:

move your @ss girl....just kidding you are doing great...
  • christan04
    Options
    Are you guys going to do a Move Your *kitten* March? I would love to get involved.

Thanks! :)
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Hello I'd like to join you for March's challenge also!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Please have a March Challenge:)
  • onawhymm
    Options
    Did the math! Know I need to do 5.5 miles each day to make my goal for the month........but I did 5 today. (3 C25K and 2 beach walk) Think that Sunday will be the "closer day" and I will just do extra until I meet my goal!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Added 2.1 miles on the treadmill today - shorter distance because I was gong skiiing later in the day. Added only 3 miles because my son had a little mishap in the terrain park while snowboarding and had to leave early to go get 6 stitches in his shin. =(
  • onawhymm
    Options
    3 more miles for me this morning (C25K) Heading way south down the island today and hoping for a good beach walk too!
  • gehlerc
    Options
    5 more miles on the treadmill this morning.