February Move your *kitten* Challenge....

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Six (6) people have reached their respective targets already, 6 have moved over 100 miles, the challenge total is 1,575 miles.

@ christan04, fitj1210 please join the club. You'll need a mile target and a ticker to track your progress. We will provide the motivation.

@gehlerc, your student is right. I left the office an hour earlier, went home, took a nap and then rode the elliptical for half an hour. Great choice, I was feeling a lot better afterwards and in the mood for the haloween party I was invited to. I know i'm slacking with the challenge a little, however I'm having a great time these last couple of days and i really needed that. :bigsmile:
  • dansmart
    dansmart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm getting close. I'm going to get to my goal today. 3.2/36.4/40
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well. Dinos you are awesome keeping track of everything. Bluiz and the gang you are the best motivators around. Even if you dont make your goal the effort is what counts. This is a lifestyle change not a day race. Keep Moving and Congrats to everyone for trying:)

Dan you can do it:)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    5.36 done today. Ugh, so close! :grumble:
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    3 miles walked today.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Added 3.4 miles today!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    dinos I could use all the motivation /momentum your challenge can muster up!

I'm happy to be here, thank you :smile:
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    5 more miles for me this morning - might have to go on another walk at the end of the day as I still need to do 9 miles before the end of Monday!!! Sort of refuse to get on my bike as I want these miles to all be ON FOOT! So an extra walk today and tomorrow should do it!!
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Im in for March too! Have a question - I am headed out to Utah for a week to go skiing - any tips on how to log my time skiing for the challenge? I know I won't be able to run when I am out there. Would appreciate any ideas so I can acurately set a goal. Thanks!!!:)
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Im in for March too! Have a question - I am headed out to Utah for a week to go skiing - any tips on how to log my time skiing for the challenge? I know I won't be able to run when I am out there. Would appreciate any ideas so I can acurately set a goal. Thanks!!!:)

Carol, you should ask darkrider about skiing. You'll need a GPS watch for sure.

I rode the bike for an hour this afternoon. I wanted to go full speed, but there were too many stop signs and a rather strong north wind that were slowing me down. Eventually I ended up riding 12.5 miles/ 20K in 60 minutes, which doesn't break any records but it's not too bad for my hybrid bike either. I still need another 6.2 miles to reach my February goal, so I'll try to run the distance tomorrow evening.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    okay i'm gonna start a march move your @ss thread....post your goals and get your ticker set up.....
    dont post any miles there until 3/1/11 though.....
  • bluiz13
    Options
    here is the march thread....please finish february's miles here so dinos doesnt have to jump around.....thanks, and see you in march :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/182236-march-move-your-*kitten*-challenge
  • bluiz13
    Options
    just updated my siggie from yesterday's workouts...today i'm not doing anything formal but we are going to a street painting festival and i expect to walk around quite a bit with the family although it will be leisurely and slow.....i'll finish my calories goal tomorrow cause i'm not gonna log today's activity since i'm not going to wear my HRM to track it....

have a good day friends...
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    going to try to put in a few more miles today and tomorrow. as much as these ol' knees can take! I know I wont get to my goal, but I'm not going to just throw in the towel and start fresh next week. How many times have we told ourselves that??
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Current Mileage: 71.5
    Goal Mileage: 75

tried Galloway method for my big run yesterday. My calves don't hurt! woohhooo!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi, Walked for 7 miles today to try and see my daughter sailing, went across lots of marshland, got covered in mud and soaking wet and then when we got there they were too far out so couldn't really see much lol :noway: :laugh:
  • bri1720
    bri1720 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    2 miles walking/jogging today
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    1.25 miles today!!
  • sibalola
    sibalola Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Okay My goal is 75 miles for the month of March !!!
    excited as this will be my first time!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    hello everyone,

total miles: 47 out of 30
    total dvd workouts: 25 out of 28

Have a great day!