Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• Nadyasmom
    Options
    2young4this~

I'm right there with you. The last couple of days were just wierd for whatever reason. I just didn't have the motivation to eat right. Although I still got my workouts in, the eating was just all over the place. Today is a new day though and I started it off with my favorite breakfast--one that really keeps me going.

3 egg whites made into an omelette with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese inside. Then toast 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and put the egg inside. SO tasty and so filling.

I use the Orowheat "Healthfull" bread that has only 80 calories/slice and 5 grams of fiber and protein in each slice. SO definitely fills me up for the morning!

Followed that by REALLY pushing myself in my workout. I mean, ot the point that I feel almost sick now!

Hoping that this makes up for yesterday. ;)
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    With everybody home for yesterday's snow day, I couldn't really workout like I usually do, soooo while the fam watched a scary movie last evening I closed the bathroom door and worked my challenges! Not exactly the best workout, but I'm still on track...ha ha...

Much better today...snow is gone...Winter is gone, pretty much. Made the gym and doubled up the challenges before an hour of Zumba. Now for SuperBowl...better get to the gym early.

Have a great day of commercials!

mj
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had a tough day today. I had a really bad morning and then I had to deal with work drama. By the middle of the day, I felt so defeated I kept being tempted by comfort food. I had a voucher for a free coffee drink from Seattle's Best and I really wanted to use it for a large salted toffee mocha (which is like 500 calories and almost twice the amount of sugar I'm supposed to be aiming for in a day) but instead I got an iced sugar free fat free latte. And then, I was craving BBQ ribs and sweet potato fries for dinner! Luckily, I didn't feel like driving to get food so it was pretty easy to turn down this temptation in favor of baked chicken and vegetables. So, while I didn't have the best day ever I was pretty stellar in the food department. I'm a big emotional/stress eater so I'm pretty proud of myself for not breaking down and comforting myself with food today.
  • gethealthygetfit
    Options
    I haven't been struggling, but I have been having other issues with my body in general. I haven't really exercised this week besides walking like 2 miles a day. I haven't gone to the gym and I only did half my boot camp class on Thursday. I have been having some health problems the last month, but this week was so much worse than normal. I have Fibromyalgia, but it only sometimes gets in the way of my workouts. However, this month I have been cursed with a 30 day period. Literally, it has lasted for 30 days. I have been in touch with my doctor, she told me to do something, it went away for a day, but then came back. I called her and she is out of town until Wednesday. I mean my latest period was suppose to start today, but it started like Tuesday, so that is way earlier. So I am wondering if it is the same period or the new one. I have to wait and see if it goes away by Monday. It's horrible too because it keeps getting strong. Thursday night it was so bad I was actually considering going to the emergency room because I was so freaked out by it. I know that is probably way too much information for some people, and not really relevant, but I kind of just need to vent about it. It's really frustrating. One good thing, I have already lost 2 pounds since join the competition. I am not sure if it will go up until the official weigh in way, but we will see.
  • emeraldshan
    emeraldshan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm totally down...

Screen name: EMERALDSHAN
    Goal for February 28th: 187
    February 1st (starting weight): 197
    February 8th:
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • katiefraay
    Options
    Am I too late to join?

screen name: katiefraay
    goal for feb 28th: 132
    feb 1st: 140.2
    feb 8th:
    feb15th:
    feb 22nd:
    feb 28th:
  • katiefraay
    Options
    Here is the chart. It is my first go at publishing anything like this so hopefully it works.
    Please mail me if I have missed anyone off or if I have any details wrong.
    I closed the group on page 6 as we have nearly 100 members. If you posted after this you haven't been included - I'm really sorry.

1stFebGroupWeighin.jpg

Thanks for doing this!

Up at 6:30 for the gym this morning! Did the challenge again today!

Eh, I tried
  • jsasso
    jsasso Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome.
    I'm in :))
  • MissLadyInWaiting
    Options
    Febuary 1st - 159lbs
    Febuary 8th - 158lbs

goal for Febuary 15th - 156lbs
  • ladynila
    Options
    I'm in!

4616210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

goal for feb 28th: 168
    feb 1st: 176
    feb 8th:
    feb15th:
    feb 22nd:
    feb 28th:
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm a little behind but count me in! Might be a tricky month due to some family issues that have arisen but life throws you curveballs for a reason! Here goes nothing! Oh and I won't be posting my updates here, but it will be in my signature :)

goal for feb 28th: 144
    feb 1st: 152
    feb 8th:
    feb15th:
    feb 22nd:
    feb 28th:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Here is the chart. It is my first go at publishing anything like this so hopefully it works.
    Please mail me if I have missed anyone off or if I have any details wrong.
    I closed the group on page 6 as we have nearly 100 members. If you posted after this you haven't been included - I'm really sorry.

1stFebGroupWeighin.jpg

Great Chart....helps to keep things real!
    I'm really apprehensive about the festivities tonight. Off to the gym to double up on my workouts. Planning on skipping lunch to make room for an early supper.....yikes, the eats are not gonna fit my menu numbers! No matter how I figure it, at least where the fat is concerned.

I know, I know...once in a while won't hurt.....oh, but hurts, it hurts!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I exercised 365 minutes this week and burned 2997 calories...hoping to rock the weigh-in...is it tomorrow or Tuesday?
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    I exercised 365 minutes this week and burned 2997 calories...hoping to rock the weigh-in...is it tomorrow or Tuesday?

Wow! WAY TO GO!!!

I think the weigh in is Tuesday right??
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Okay, I HOPE that someone is one right now. I have NO motivation to workout. I missed one day this week, and so although my sunday is normally my rest day, I don't get to today.

Fortunately, I have no superbowl party to resist, but all I want to do is sleep all day! I took one of those 5 hour energy drinks hoping to pump up my energy, but I swear, I could crawl in bed and be out in less than 5 minutes.

Just gotta push through, but need a PUSH! ;)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Okay, I HOPE that someone is one right now. I have NO motivation to workout. I missed one day this week, and so although my sunday is normally my rest day, I don't get to today.

Fortunately, I have no superbowl party to resist, but all I want to do is sleep all day! I took one of those 5 hour energy drinks hoping to pump up my energy, but I swear, I could crawl in bed and be out in less than 5 minutes.

- your body is tired and telling you to rest
    - if you can, take a small nap to re-energize
    - eat a natural energy food like an apple or orange
    - do a short 20 minute workout
    - sometimes the workout perks you up
  • Nadyasmom
    Options

Thanks for the advice!

No nap, but I did sit down for a bit and relax, then danced with my girls a bit to some great music. ;)

Then....I FORCED myself to workout and really pushed myself. I feel SOOO good right now--exhausted, but that wonderful feeling of accomplishment!

Still plan on doing my ab workout later (Jilian Michael's six week six pack) and then I'll post my totals of exercise for the week.

Now to find a good post workout snack. :)
  • nisijam5
    Options

Thanks for the advice!

No nap, but I did sit down for a bit and relax, then danced with my girls a bit to some great music. ;)

Then....I FORCED myself to workout and really pushed myself. I feel SOOO good right now--exhausted, but that wonderful feeling of accomplishment!

Still plan on doing my ab workout later (Jilian Michael's six week six pack) and then I'll post my totals of exercise for the week.

Now to find a good post workout snack. :)

Way to beat the funk....
  • tbierly
    tbierly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in and looking forward to it. I definitely need the motivation.

Tbierly
    Goal for February 28th: 10 lbs
    February 1: 155.4
    February 8th:
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Well, I was gonna do my ab workout, but I did something to my left arm. I can barely even move it, let alone lift any weights with it! :(

Bummer!!

The bicep is all cramped up or something.