Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Replies

• Screen name: luciferon
    Goal for February 28th: 263.6
    February 1st (starting weight): 273.6lbs
    February 8th: 271lbs (2.6-)
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

Hope I'm not too late to join! (:
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Screen name: Getfitdiva
    Goal for February 28th: 138
    February 1st (starting weight): 146.8
    February 8th: 145.2 lbs (down 1.6 lbs)
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Screen Name: gonnaloseitin2011
    Goal for February lose 10 pounds ~ 234
    Feb 1 ~ 244.5 (starting weight)
    Feb 8 ~ 245
    Feb 15 ~
    Feb 22 ~
    Feb 28 ~

Slight gain, but I think this is from Superbowl Sunday. I am not gonna let it get me down. This week is a new week!! Good luck all
  • Screen name: peytonsmommi
    Goal for February 28th: 169
    February 1st (starting weight): 179
    February 8th: 178
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

Only 1lb lose but I'll take it. :)
  • MEMoggridge
    MEMoggridge Posts: 151 Member
    Screen name : memoggridge
    Starting weight Feb 1st : 206.8
    Feb 8th : 207.4
    Feb 15th:
    Feb 22nd :
    Feb 28th:
    Aiming for 198 by end of Feb?? (would like to be 196!!??)

Oh dear!! I really dont know what I did wrong this week but it helps to know I'm not the only one!!!
    I also thought about fudging the weigh-in today but I'm glad I didn't after all it is a lifestyle change for me too!!!
    Am blaming gain today on TOM as weighed in on Sun and had lost 1.8lbs!!!
    This week will def be better!!! Although I think I'll find the challenge tougher this week!!!
  • jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Screen name: jabberwockgee
    Goal for February 28th: 185
    February 1st (starting weight): 195
    February 8th: 195
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

:(

Depressing week. My scale seemed to jump up to 197 the day after I weighed in last week for no reason, and I spent half the week trying to get rid of that. Then I've been in bed for the past 3 days with the flu...
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Screen name: WIChelle
    Goal for February 28th: 211
    February 1st (starting weight): 221
    February 8th 219
  • missie21
    missie21 Posts: 103 Member
    Screen name: missie21
    Goal for February 28th: 225
    February 1st (starting weight): 232
    February 8th: 230
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

:wink: i felt I had a great week..... keep up the good work everyone!!!!!!!
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    BETTER LATE THAN NEVER......

Screen name: Shawtue
    Goal for February 28th: 205 (HOPEFULLY REACHING THE 100'S)
    February 1st (starting weight): 215
    February 8th: 212
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Screen name: Bri293
    Goal for February 28th: 135
    February 1st (starting weight): 145.4
    February 8th: 144.7
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

I was very pleasantly suprised when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw that I had lost .7 of a pound considering my lack of work over the weekend. I was afraid that it would be going up instead. It may not be a big loss but at least it's something and it's motivation to work a little bit harder this upcoming week. The challenge last week was a great motivator to make sure I did at least something every day, and I'm looking forward to adding more miles thanks to the challenge this week!

Great job to all of you with losses this week! :happy:
    To those of you (myself included) who didn't see the number that they wanted on the scale this week, keep up the hard work and we can do it! It's a lifestyle change and we can't expect to see the results we want all the time, it's all about sticking to our commitments and eventually it will happen!
  • Please your weight as follows:
    Screen name: elainio
    Goal for February 28th: 169lb
    February 1st (starting weight): 177.7lb
    February 8th: 172.4
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

I got a big surprise when I went to my weigh in today (I weigh in on the machine at my pharmacy since I dont own scales) I lost loads but I think it is due to "that time of the month" last week meaning i only lost 0.7lb the previous week.

I am so happy but know I'm going to struggle to lose anything near as much next week!
  • Screen name: debbieweis
    Goal for February 28th: 130
    February 1st (starting weight): 138
    February 8th: 137
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

I am so excited to see results so soon!!! 1 pound at a time!!!
  • Screen name: Determined Lady
    Goal for February 28th: 150
    February 1st (starting weight): 157
    February 8th: 156.5
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

I'm disappointed! I had hoped for a whole pound!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Screen name: NoAdditives
    Goal for February 28th: 163
    February 1st (starting weight): 173.8
    February 8th: 171.7
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • cls413
    cls413 Posts: 57 Member
    Screen name: cls413
    Goal for February 28th: 199!
    February 1st (starting weight): 210
    February 8th: 209
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:

Last week was an okay week, and my first complete week using MFP, so there were some insights to go along with that and things I wanted to change for this week anyway. But I still felt like I was doing really well, despite not knowing what the scale might say to support that (or not).

Then Superbowl Sunday happened. I was actually doing really well, had a very low-cal lunch in anticipation of snacking all night. Would have actually stayed within my calories if one of the girls hadn't made individual-size desserts. But they were SO good, and except for that, I had eaten far fewer calories than anticipated, and was already planning a really hard day at the Y on Monday to burn it all off. So I figured, bring on the decadence, it's just one night.

Then Monday happened. I've been really good since I started watching what I eat about NOT eating emotionally the way I have in the past. Well, Monday I had a bit of a break down, went over my calories (by another full day's worth, I'm ashamed to say). Also, I had a rather traumatic drive back to town (went to visit friends 3 hours away for the game). No accidents, no inclement weather, just a lot of little things that in my already fragile state added up and made me really not want to get back in the car. So... no going to the Y. I should have done at least some exercising at home, but I didn't (for the same BS reasons that I shouldn't have ordered and eaten an entire Pizza Hut P'zone, but did).

So, now I just need to take all the things that I learned about myself that first week on MFP that I was going to improve upon anyway, and just work twice as hard at it. Yes I still lost a pound this week, but the repercussions from the last couple days could easily follow me to next week's weigh in, if I let them.

I've heard that if you are an emotional eater, one of the things to do is to change your way of thinking, and instead of turning to food when you get down, just use it as extra motivation. I just need to tell myself, "This weakness is part of the reason I'm fat; I won't let it control me anymore." Unfortunately I really do my best workouts at the Y. My Wii Fit doesn't do nearly as much for me as it used to (mainly I think I'm just bored with it), and the roads are in no shape for getting out and walking. So if I'm feeling too emotionally distraught to drive (or I'm stuck at home with no car), I can't really take advantage of that negative energy the way I'd like to.

Hmm, this turned into quite a rant, didn't it?
  • dishapes
    dishapes Posts: 27 Member
    Screen name: dishapes
    Goal for February 28th: 142
    February 1st (starting weight): 152.8
    February 8th: 152
    February 15th:
    February 22nd: ...
  • Great message! It's good to know how many of us struggle with the same problem. I'm gonna keep fighting cause this is one battle I want to win! Having to be honest is helping me because I think I've always "cheated" before by not counting everything I put in my mouth!
  • Screen name: Sebastiansmommy
    Goal for February 28th:139
    February 1st (starting weight): 149
    February 8th: 147
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th

2lbs! Yay!:bigsmile:
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Feb 1st: 193
    Today: 190lbs

:)

I did the challenge 3x.
    I kept forgetting, lol.
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Great message! It's good to know how many of us struggle with the same problem. I'm gonna keep fighting cause this is one battle I want to win! Having to be honest is helping me because I think I've always "cheated" before by not counting everything I put in my mouth!

Hey I can't see your weigh in - just doing the chart. Can you add your stats for this week?

Sorry to anyone who wasn't on the chart last week but you won't be included.
This discussion has been closed.